Terrorist act by Poles in Berlin metro

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
SashaWa
Banned

Re: Terrorist act by Poles in Berlin metro

Post by SashaWa » 15 Nov 2010, 22:28

Baltasar wrote:
In other words, the Nazi's did nothing wrong bombing Warschau in 1939 since it was full of Polish troops, trains, lorries, etc.etc. and during the Warschau uprising since they were saving the lifes of their men???
The same rethoric would apply to the Allied bombardment and often destruction of German cities. Now that doesn't seem to be an issue for most people but when the Germans were doing the same on a much smaller scale, that's wrong?

It either works both ways or not at all.
I see no conflict-the Germans were doing this so their plans of extermination and genocide could be realised, the Allies fought to stop German state meaning that war of extermination would end.

ljadw

Post by ljadw » 15 Nov 2010, 22:51

Ypenburg wrote:
ljadw wrote: "A troop train may be a legitimate military target " :WRONG ,a troop train is a legitimate military target;btw :how do you discern it is a troop train ? You can't,thus all trains are military targets"a subway carrying a majority of civilians is not " :WRONG,a subway carrying a MINORITY :wink: of military is a military target .
If in an attack on a military target,civilians are killed,bad for them,but,in a war,the fate of enemy civilians is neglectable.
A military commander,who is scrupling to attack enemy civilians,to save the life of his men,should look for another job,maybe the Salvation Army? :idea:
In other words, the Nazi's did nothing wrong bombing Warschau in 1939 since it was full of Polish troops, trains, lorries, etc.etc. and during the Warschau uprising since they were saving the lifes of their men??? :roll: :roll:

Something tells me you're replies do not add anything to this interesting discussion. :idea:
irrelevant blahblah and an attempt to deny reality .
When the Allies were attacking German cities,to destroy the German war economy,it was to save the lives of their own men (the Douhet theory would shorten the war ),the bombardments were resulting in the loss of 6OOOOO German civilians . But nobody will argue that it was a war crime ,the same when the Germans were attacking Warsaw(september 1939),Rotterdam,Coventry .
About the Warsaw uprising :I am furious about your insinuation that I should excuse the massacres by the Dirlewanger thugs .
It is simple,but you refuse to understand :When a military commander has the mission to conquer a city,he has 2 options
1) a classic infantry attack ,resulting in big losses of his own troops
2)an air or artillery bombardment ,resulting in a)the destruction of the city and the loss of a lot of civilians b) few losses of his own troops
Any responsible military commander will choose the second option,because his responsability is to his own men,not to enemy civilians .
And,for those still unwilling to understand :Hiroshima :TRuman did the right thing :saving as most as possible American lives,and,if this was resulting in the loss of a lot of Japanese civilians,that was not Truman's responsability .For him,the live of an American soldier should be more important than the live of a Japanese civilian .

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 15 Nov 2010, 23:02

Despite David's request for sourced factual posts on this this attack we have seen neither, only opinion posts largely discussing other events so I am locking this thread now.

/Marcus

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”