Treblinka Perpetrators

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
trespasser07

Re: Treblinka Perpetrators

Post by trespasser07 » 17 Feb 2015, 20:37

Why is it white and not Dark Grey/Green was it worn of formal occassions etc? Cant believe it was in his apartment in 1959 along with his photo album no wonder he was convicted!
"We believe in what we do!" - written in Friedrich Rainer's Guestbook by Odilo Globocnik in April 1943.

BenjaminJ

Post by BenjaminJ » 18 Jul 2015, 22:57

Eddy Marz wrote:Excavating for mass graves. There are no known photos taken during 'operations' in Treblinka (or Belzec, or Sobibor) - and the action of excavating corpses (to be cremated) was meant as an extra guarantee of that secrecy (and also for health reasons because the ground water was infected). Taking pictures during such an operation would therefore have been illogical and counterproductive - as well as severely reprimanded.

Theres a pic of the dredge digging up the bodies when they were exhuming them to be burned, in the World Holocaust museum in NY,NY.

Paul Lantos

Post by Paul Lantos » 28 Aug 2015, 05:35

That photo is from Kurt Franz' "good old days" photo album.The pictures are easy to find online. There is at least one photo where the scoop shovel is carrying bodies (can't see it up close, but can see the silhouettes). I think there is another photo with smoke from the cremation.

little grey rabbit

Post by little grey rabbit » 28 Aug 2015, 06:24

Paul Lantos wrote:That photo is from Kurt Franz' "good old days" photo album.The pictures are easy to find online. There is at least one photo where the scoop shovel is carrying bodies (can't see it up close, but can see the silhouettes). I think there is another photo with smoke from the cremation.
There is this one

But the bodies are very much alive. Can't you tell?

Paul Lantos

Post by Paul Lantos » 28 Aug 2015, 14:54

Very funny.

Correction - the one with smoke is from the prisoner revolt, not the cremations.

BenjaminJ

Post by BenjaminJ » 29 Aug 2015, 07:15

trespasser07 wrote:Suchomel did agree in the dcumentary SHOAH that the Lithuanians on the wagon roofs were the worst. the "blood hounds". Sounds terrifying.

Its Hell hounds, at least according to Franz Suchomel, and it was "both Latvians and Ukrainians. Latvians were the worst."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yfxnB_5AiU (live interview with Suchomel.

Around the 25-27 min mark.

little grey rabbit

Post by little grey rabbit » 29 Aug 2015, 09:48

Paul Lantos wrote:Very funny.

Correction - the one with smoke is from the prisoner revolt, not the cremations.
Humor me - can you direct me to the photo with bodies in the scoop shovel?
http://www.deathcamps.org/treblinka/excavators2.html

Danielle

Post by Danielle » 29 Aug 2015, 16:20

little grey rabbit wrote:
Paul Lantos wrote:That photo is from Kurt Franz' "good old days" photo album.The pictures are easy to find online. There is at least one photo where the scoop shovel is carrying bodies (can't see it up close, but can see the silhouettes). I think there is another photo with smoke from the cremation.
There is this one

But the bodies are very much alive. Can't you tell?
I know these photo's.
But I never understood the purpose of why the men stand on the bucket of the digger.
Any thoughts?

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 29 Aug 2015, 18:20

Let's drop the frivolity and get back on topic. Persons feeling humorous are free to post in the Lounge section of the forum.

michael mills

Post by michael mills » 30 Aug 2015, 06:32

Franz was a father to 4 children outside of his marriage according to his trial record, was he part of the Lebensborn program possibly?
Was he married? I was always under the impression that he was a closet homosexual.

In any case, he was not part of a fictional "Lebensborn program". The function of the Lebensborn homes was to provide post-natal care to the wives of SS-men. If he was indeed married, and his wife gave birth to his child, it is possible that she and her newborn baby were cared for at a Lebensborn home.

If he indeed sired four children outside of marriage, it is equally possible that the mother(s) of those children were cared for at a Lebensborn home, since Himmler had decreed that that women who had been made pregnant by SS-men to whom they were not married were eligible to receive care at Lebensborn homes provided that they passed the same tests for "racial fitness" that the prospective wives of SS-men were required to pass.

In any case, I would be interested in seeing a source for the statement quoted above.

michael mills

Post by michael mills » 30 Aug 2015, 06:41

All photos of the excavator in operation at Treblinka can be found here:

http://www.deathcamps.org/treblinka/excavators2.html

The photos do not appear to show the exhumation of bodies.
Last edited by michael mills on 30 Aug 2015, 06:47, edited 1 time in total.

michael mills

Post by michael mills » 30 Aug 2015, 06:47

It appears that two excavators were hired in September 1942 for the purpose of digging the mass graves, rather than for the purpose of exhuming the buried bodies, which began in 1943.

http://www.deathcamps.org/treblinka/excavators.html

michael mills

Post by michael mills » 30 Aug 2015, 06:53

Why is it white and not Dark Grey/Green was it worn of formal occassions etc? Cant believe it was in his apartment in 1959 along with his photo album no wonder he was convicted!
It is more likely to be the white jacket of Stangl than of Franz.

Stangl told Sereny that he had a white uniform jacket made from locally acquired Polish linen because the police uniform in which he arrived at Treblinka was too hot, and in any case became damaged due to the rough conditions of the camp.

There is a photo of Stangl wearing his white jacket while talking to Franz, who is in a track suit.

http://www.ushmm.org/lcmedia/photo/lc/i ... /12234.jpg

michael mills

Post by michael mills » 30 Aug 2015, 06:57

Here is a fuller picture of Stangl in his white jacket, together with Franz.

http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org ... nka%20.jpg

Paul Lantos

Post by Paul Lantos » 30 Aug 2015, 22:01

I believe there are more photos than those; but the idea of bodies is from one of those websites (don't remember if it was deathcamps.org or a similar one) where there were some annotations on the photos pointing at bodies. It was plausible but not screamingly obvious. Don't remember the address.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”