Post war accounts of Himmler's Posen speech.

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Paul Lantos

Re: Post war accounts of Himmler's Posen speech.

Post by Paul Lantos » 30 Jul 2013, 18:12

Coordinating the ministries is BS, the various ministries were plenty complicit by Jan 1942. The Wehrmacht had committed widespread massacres in the USSR and in Serbia, the GG and Warthegau and Eastern administrations had largely created the ghettos and starved them (and had already accepted the mass deportations in late 1941 that led to exterminations of Reich and Protecterate Jews), I mean they were already on board.

As for evidence, yes they do, and I'd recommend these books to you, esp Longerich's Holocaust and Browning's Origin of the Final Solution. I don't have them in hand this second but if you want to start a thread on the topic I will supplement it from the books (which I have at home).

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 30 Jul 2013, 20:28

Let's get back on topic, folks.

trespasser07

Post by trespasser07 » 17 Oct 2013, 00:43

Very interesting discussion, whilst on this can someone post a full list of which SS leaders attended the Poznan speech? There may be a reference in the Longerich Himmler book but i dont have copy yet.

I know that Pohl attended as he was addressed, and I am aware that Daluege, Kaltenbrunner, Wolff and also Globocnik were absent.

Thanks in advance.
"We believe in what we do!" - written in Friedrich Rainer's Guestbook by Odilo Globocnik in April 1943.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”