Black Concentration camp inmates

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
bob7708

Black Concentration camp inmates

Post by bob7708 » 10 Oct 2013 03:18

Of all of the footage of concentration camps that I have seen or that I have read about I have never seen or heard of a black person in one. Mind you, I am not complaining but it seems unusual given the racial hatred that was in Hitler. He used to call jazz "N... Music!" and wanted nothing to do with it.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

Ypenburg

Re: Black Concentration camp inmates

Post by Ypenburg » 12 Oct 2013 12:01

The first one that comes to my mind:
Cornelis Gerhard Anton de Kom (Paramaribo, 22 februari 1898 – Kamp Sandbostel (Neuengamme), 24 of 29 april 1945) http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_de_Kom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFWjOIadsE

bob7708

Post by bob7708 » 13 Oct 2013 05:07

Thanks for sharing that Ypenburg. It's a sad story and it aptly demonstrates that the Nazi's were truely the scum of the Earth .

sunbury2

Post by sunbury2 » 13 Oct 2013 06:07

The "Rhineland Bastards" are a good case study of Nazism and their dealings with "lesser races". In this case enforced sterilisation of those selected. .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhineland_Bastard
In Mein Kampf, Hitler described children resulting from marriages to African occupation soldiers as a contamination of the white race "by Negro blood on the Rhine in the heart of Europe." He thought that "Jews were responsible for bringing Negroes into the Rhineland, with the ultimate idea of bastardizing the white race which they hate and thus lowering its cultural and political level so that the Jew might dominate." He also implied that this was a plot on the part of the French, since the population of France was being increasingly "negrified"...........................

No official laws were enacted against the black population, or even against the children of mixed parentage, since they were the offspring of marriages and informal unions from before the Nuremberg laws of September 1935 which prohibited miscegenation. The law also deprived persons of mixed parentage their freedom to marry at all, or at least the spouse of their choice by banning future mixed marriages between Aryans and others. Instead, a group named "Commission Number 3" was created to resolve the problem of the "Rhineland Bastards" with the aim of preventing their further procreation in German society. Organized under Dr. Eugen Fischer of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of Anthropology, Human Heredity, and Eugenics, it was decided that the children would be sterilized under the 1933 Law for the Prevention of Hereditarily Diseased Offspring.

The program began in 1937, when local officials were asked to report on all "Rhineland Bastards" under their jurisdiction. All together, some 400 children of mixed parentage were arrested and sterilized. This order applied only in the Rhineland. Other African-Germans were unaffected.[10] According to Susan Samples, the Nazis went to great lengths to conceal their sterilization and abortion program.

history1

Post by history1 » 13 Oct 2013 09:16

bob7708 wrote:Thanks for sharing that Ypenburg. It's a sad story and it aptly demonstrates that the Nazi's were truely the scum of the Earth .
Don´t appreciate generalizisations. Must we consider that Americans are martinets and murderer?
Not everyone is a hero like your soldiers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Ma ... d_analysis

Or from your history (how many people has been killed for racial reasons?):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Wars

The rol model for Hitler:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_i ... ted_States

bob7708

Post by bob7708 » 14 Oct 2013 08:55

Here is a great YouTube on Hitler's mind and personality. It's called "Inside the Mind of Adolf Hitler" and is one of the best documentaries on Hitler's mind and development and why he did what he did. I have seen a ton of them and this is about the best of the lot. I know you will like it too. It's well worth watching. I downloaded it onto my computer using RealPlayer and watch it quite often. Here's it's website below:

Inside the Mind of Adolf Hitler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1W8I8uoVPo

Ypenburg

Post by Ypenburg » 14 Oct 2013 13:44

Well, I stopped watching after the "unusual relationship between mother and son". If someone tells me my mother is "gravely ill with no hope" I too would have a sad face and tears in my eyes. And so would all my male-relatives and friends, especially the non-caucasians who from their culture have a much stronger bond with their mother rather then with their father......

Psychologists...... pffffff boring.... ;-)

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 14 Oct 2013 18:11

Ypenburg wrote:Well, I stopped watching after the "unusual relationship between mother and son". If someone tells me my mother is "gravely ill with no hope" I too would have a sad face and tears in my eyes. And so would all my male-relatives and friends, especially the non-caucasians who from their culture have a much stronger bond with their mother rather then with their father......

Psychologists...... pffffff boring.... ;-)
What Langer was saying, and what others have said as well, is that Hitler's relationship with his mother was particularly intense, more intense than what males normally have with their mothers. Dr. Bloch noted that Hitler's reaction to the news of his mother's terminal illness was more intense than what he had observed in other males towards their mother. Furthermore, Hitler's relationship with his mother was also shaped by his hostile relationship with his father.

In general, the Langer report is okay, however, it's dependence on family dynamics within the Hitler family to the exclusion of social-cultural dynamics occurring within the local and national community at the time is the weakness of the report, in my opinion.

Penn44

I once was told that I was vain, but I knew that vanity was a fault, so I gave it up because I have no faults.

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 14 Oct 2013 18:35

bob7708 wrote:Of all of the footage of concentration camps that I have seen or that I have read about I have never seen or heard of a black person in one. Mind you, I am not complaining but it seems unusual given the racial hatred that was in Hitler. He used to call jazz "N... Music!" and wanted nothing to do with it.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
Nazi racial ideology in general did not view all non-Aryan racial groups as presenting the same level of threat against the Aryan race. Nazism viewed Jews as engaged in a life-death struggle with the Aryan race for mastery of the world, and after repeated failures to find a supervised homeland for them, Nazi policy makers decided that based on wartime contingencies they had to destroy this "race." More or less, because of their relative primitiveness, the Nazis believe that Africans did not pose a threat unless organized and led by whites (e.g., French colonial troops) or Jews (e.g., jazz music), and if properly handled could serve as a future labor source for Germany when it eventually reclaimed and expanded the former German African colonies.

If I am not mistaken, what relatively few Africans ended up in the Nazi concentration camp system were due to their black market, resistance activities or because they were "stateless."

Penn44

I once was told that I was vain, but I knew that vanity was a fault, so I gave it up because I have no faults.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 14 Oct 2013 20:06

An off-topic post from Penn44, offering his opinion of another poster, was removed by the moderator pursuant to many previous warnings - DT.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”