Jewish Death Squads - suspected victims?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
little grey rabbit

Re: Jewish Death Squads - suspected victims?

Post by little grey rabbit » 11 Nov 2015, 07:36

UMachine wrote:These squads went far and wide.

Toronto 1950.Two men with thick accents speaking English barge through the unlocked door of a recent Italian immigrant's room.

They have pistols drawn and have a photograph of a man in hand.They compare him to the photo and question him about the man in the photo.They have the same surname and are in fact first cousins.He denies any knowledge.

A similar event takes place in Kamloops British Columbia.The man is close to a foot taller and is also a cousin.After this event nothing more.
Thanks Umachine.
Do you have the names of these victims of Jewish Daring-Do in 1950s Toronto?

UMachine

Post by UMachine » 11 Nov 2015, 15:20

I do know the names but would rather not.The people were from the Avellino area.The first man that was approached also had a military record.

If he was questioned about any specific events,this has not been passed on to me.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 12 Nov 2015, 04:21

Soobzokov, Tscherim (1.1.1918-6.9.1985) [Waffen-Obersturmfuehrer] – member, Kauk. Waffenverb. der SS {entered US 1952 from Amman, Jordan; listed by the US Immigration and Naturalization Service as being under investigation 5 Jun 1974 for war crimes activities (NYT 6 Jun 1974:30:3); US Department of Justice Office of Special Investigations (OSI) moves to revoke US citizenship Dec 1979; OSI moves for dismissal of revocation proceedings on grounds that Soobzokov disclosed his membership in the North Caucasus Legion of the Waffen-SS when he entered US (NYT 10 Jul 1980:II:2:1); critically injured 15 Aug 1985 by pipe bomb explosion at his house at Paterson NJ (NYT 16 Aug 1985:II:2:1; NYT 17 Aug 1985:27:3); died of injuries 6 Sept 1985 (NYT 7 Sept 1985:25:2; NYT 15 Sept 1985:XI:8:5).(Uebernahme von Offizieren fremder Wehrmachten, 13.3.1945)}

4thskorpion

Post by 4thskorpion » 12 Nov 2015, 10:14

There was suspicion that Soobzokov was targeted by Jewish militants from the Jewish Defence Organisation a splinter group of the JDL but nothing was ever proved and the bombing remains unsolved.

Soobzokov had admitted to the CIA his role in rounding up Jews and " communists", executing townspeople, and spying on his fellow Russians for the Nazis. There were some in the New Jersey Circassian Russian community not unhappy to see Soobzokov taken care of.

There is a lengthy account of Soobzokov and others in Eric Lichtblau's 2014 book, "The Nazis Next Door: How America became a safe haven for Hitler's Men".
Last edited by 4thskorpion on 12 Nov 2015, 11:19, edited 2 times in total.

4thskorpion

Post by 4thskorpion » 12 Nov 2015, 10:33

Toronto 1950.Two men with thick accents speaking English barge through the unlocked door of a recent Italian immigrant's room.

They have pistols drawn and have a photograph of a man in hand.They compare him to the photo and question him about the man in the photo.They have the same surname and are in fact first cousins.He denies any knowledge.

A similar event takes place in Kamloops British Columbia.The man is close to a foot taller and is also a cousin.After this event nothing more.
How did a "recent" Italian immigrant (presumably with his own thick accent when speaking English) know that the two men with thick accents were speaking with a Jewish accent? Or is there some other supporting evidence to confirm these pistol carrying men were in fact Jewish and part of some "far and wide" Jewish revenge squad?

UMachine

Post by UMachine » 12 Nov 2015, 15:29

4thskorpion wrote:

How did a "recent" Italian immigrant (presumably with his own thick accent when speaking English) know that the two men with thick accents were speaking with a Jewish accent? Or is there some other supporting evidence to confirm these pistol carrying men were in fact Jewish and part of some "far and wide" Jewish revenge squad?
There were many Italians that came to Toronto after the war,along with an assortment of displaced people.Many Brits as well.I knew them all as a child there.

The man didn't know they were Jewish accents,just thick accents he was not accustomed to hearing.They meant business and were in fact very interested in the whereabouts of a man with a long military record who had previously been denied entry to the U.S.

The accents may have been Russian,Ukrainian,Polish,Lithuanian,Belorussian,who knows.Toronto was a very mellow place at this time.Toronto the good.The odd anti semitic rudeness but otherwise a civil place.

4thskorpion

Post by 4thskorpion » 12 Nov 2015, 16:06

UMachine wrote:
The man didn't know they were Jewish accents, just thick accents he was not accustomed to hearing. They meant business and were in fact very interested in the whereabouts of a man with a long military record who had previously been denied entry to the U.S.

The accents may have been Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, Lithuanian, Belorussian, who knows.Toronto was a very mellow place at this time.Toronto the good.The odd anti semitic rudeness but otherwise a civil place.
I thought that would be the case.

But why, I wonder, did "little grey rabbit" jump to the seemingly unfounded conclusion that they must have been Jewish accents and therefore link "Jewish Daring-Do" to the anecdote you mentioned ?
little grey rabbit wrote: Thanks Umachine.

UMachine

Post by UMachine » 13 Nov 2015, 16:57

4thskorpion wrote:
UMachine wrote:
The man didn't know they were Jewish accents, just thick accents he was not accustomed to hearing. They meant business and were in fact very interested in the whereabouts of a man with a long military record who had previously been denied entry to the U.S.

The accents may have been Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, Lithuanian, Belorussian, who knows.Toronto was a very mellow place at this time.Toronto the good.The odd anti semitic rudeness but otherwise a civil place.

But why, I wonder, did "little grey rabbit" jump to the seemingly unfounded conclusion that they must have been Jewish accents and therefore link "Jewish Daring-Do" to the anecdote you mentioned ?
I assume they were Jewish fellows.After Sept 43 he did as most Blackshirts did,joined with the Germans.

little grey rabbit

Post by little grey rabbit » 13 Nov 2015, 22:57

4thskorpion wrote:
UMachine wrote:

Hi 4th skorpion. The reason I jumped to that conclusion is that I started this thread to try and match the claims of Jewish Death or Vengeance Squads with actual names and biographies of victims. Since I have been of the opinion that some of these claims have been inflated by rumor and not necessarily based on reality.

The concept was simple: if there were squads of Jews exacting vengeance, there ought to be commensurate list of victims representing unsolved murders. For example, we know Israel exacted revenge for the Munich Olympics because there were a number of dead bodies left lying around.

Foolishly I leaped to the utterly unfounded conclusion that when Umachine made a contribution to this thread, then it had at least a possible faint relevance to the topic

wm

Post by wm » 13 Nov 2015, 23:38

UMachine wrote:The man didn't know they were Jewish accents,just thick accents he was not accustomed to hearing.They meant business and were in fact very interested in the whereabouts of a man with a long military record who had previously been denied entry to the U.S.
Most of the Jews from Europe spoke with a strange German accent - maybe it can be called a thick accent, because their mother language was Yiddish.
UMachine wrote: The accents may have been Russian,Ukrainian,Polish,Lithuanian,Belorussian,who knows.
Actually no, those were a small minority, but more importantly they were middle class Jews, intellectuals, businessmen - it is unlikely those people were running around with guns.

UMachine

Post by UMachine » 13 Nov 2015, 23:49

I will defer to you on the accent issue.He was a wss soldier late in the war.

4thskorpion

Post by 4thskorpion » 14 Nov 2015, 11:08

The "accent issue" is simply laughable!
Last edited by 4thskorpion on 14 Nov 2015, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

4thskorpion

Post by 4thskorpion » 14 Nov 2015, 11:14

little grey rabbit wrote:
The concept was simple: if there were squads of Jews exacting vengeance, there ought to be commensurate list of victims representing unsolved murders.
So we are looking at every unsolved post-war murder amongst immigrant communities around the world where the perpetrators had a "thick accent" when speaking English to try and link these murders to alleged Jewish death squads...and this is in the Holocaust & 20th Century War crimes section because?

little grey rabbit

Post by little grey rabbit » 14 Nov 2015, 11:47

4thskorpion wrote:
little grey rabbit wrote:
The concept was simple: if there were squads of Jews exacting vengeance, there ought to be commensurate list of victims representing unsolved murders.
So we are looking at every unsolved post-war murder amongst immigrant communities around the world where the perpetrators had a "thick accent" when speaking English to try and link these murders to alleged Jewish death squads...and this is in the Holocaust & 20th Century War crimes section because?
Well it wasn't my idea to suggest the murder of two unknown people with thick accents were reprisals by Jewish death squads with equally thick accents. That was Umachine. I simply asked for the name of the victims so we would have some basis to investigate if Umachine's claims had any basis in reality.
Unsurprisingly Umachine could supply no documentation or references to source his claim.

wm

Post by wm » 14 Nov 2015, 15:05

I thought nobody got killed there?
All we have is: two home invasions by men with guns, with photographs, interested in people with long military records, with checkered pasts, possibly suspected of war crimes ("been denied entry to the U.S").
All that in the peaceful and mellow Toronto, where home invasions were a rarity.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”