Petar Brzica

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Colonel Dr K Prabhakar Rao

Petar Brzica

Post by Colonel Dr K Prabhakar Rao » 25 Nov 2017, 17:43

Petar "Pero" Brzica (born ca. 1917)
was a Croatian Franciscan friar, Nazi collaborator and war criminal. Before the war Brzica was a scholarship student at the Franciscan college of Široki Brijeg in Herzegovina and a member of The Great Brotherhood of Crusaders, an organization part of the Croatian Catholic movement. He spent some time studying law in Zagreb where he became the Ustashe Youth member and later a member of the Croatian fascist Ustaša government (1941-45) and one of the guards in the Jasenovac concentration camp. As an Ustasha he held the rank of Lieutenant. While he is known for having beaten an inmate to death in March 1943,he is notorious for having won a contest in which he used a curve-bladed knife, also called a srbosjek, to kill newly arrived concentration camp prisoners. Brzica boasted of winning the contest by killing the largest number of prisoners - 1,360 people. Some other sources set Brzica's "record" at a lower number, between 670 and 1,100. However the fact is that this person reportedly is settled in U.S and not punished. There are arguments that the crimes committed by him as attributed are not authentic and looks like a myth. It is almost impossible to kill 1360 in a night by knifing Persons by slitting the throats. Surely some massacre must have been done at that time and facts are not clear. But fact is that the person concerned was not investigated. Strange. If this person committed such crimes, Jewish Nazi hunter Simon Wiesenthal would have been after him. things look strange. Is there any record that these allegations were investigated and the man was allowed to be free. Can some one throw light in this case. If more than one thousand persons were slaughtered by him on one night using a curved knife and if it was true why he was allowed to be free. Has USA done any investigation on him ?
Dr K Prabhakar Rao

Dr Eisvogel

Re: Petar Brzica

Post by Dr Eisvogel » 27 Jan 2018, 17:05

Colonel Dr K Prabhakar Rao wrote:Petar "Pero" Brzica (born ca. 1917)
was a Croatian Franciscan friar, Nazi collaborator and war criminal. Before the war Brzica was a scholarship student at the Franciscan college of Široki Brijeg in Herzegovina and a member of The Great Brotherhood of Crusaders, an organization part of the Croatian Catholic movement. He spent some time studying law in Zagreb where he became the Ustashe Youth member and later a member of the Croatian fascist Ustaša government (1941-45) and one of the guards in the Jasenovac concentration camp. As an Ustasha he held the rank of Lieutenant. While he is known for having beaten an inmate to death in March 1943,he is notorious for having won a contest in which he used a curve-bladed knife, also called a srbosjek, to kill newly arrived concentration camp prisoners. Brzica boasted of winning the contest by killing the largest number of prisoners - 1,360 people. Some other sources set Brzica's "record" at a lower number, between 670 and 1,100. However the fact is that this person reportedly is settled in U.S and not punished. There are arguments that the crimes committed by him as attributed are not authentic and looks like a myth. It is almost impossible to kill 1360 in a night by knifing Persons by slitting the throats. Surely some massacre must have been done at that time and facts are not clear. But fact is that the person concerned was not investigated. Strange. If this person committed such crimes, Jewish Nazi hunter Simon Wiesenthal would have been after him. things look strange. Is there any record that these allegations were investigated and the man was allowed to be free. Can some one throw light in this case. If more than one thousand persons were slaughtered by him on one night using a curved knife and if it was true why he was allowed to be free. Has USA done any investigation on him ?
Dr K Prabhakar Rao

Hello Colonel,

this myth has been debunked already on this forum:
https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=160056

There was no Croatian Franciscan friar called Petar Brzica.

There was no knife called Srbosjek, except in Yugoslav and Serb propaganda.

It is a simple agricultural utensil called Garbenmesser in German. An old German advertisment, which shows the use of such a knife:
http://www.dhm.de/datenbank/img.php?img ... 9&format=1

Best regards,
Eisvogel

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 15 Feb 2018, 13:47

Dr Eisvogel wrote:There was no knife called Srbosjek, except in Yugoslav and Serb propaganda.

It is a simple agricultural utensil called Garbenmesser in German. An old German advertisment, which shows the use of such a knife:
I haven't seen any debunking regarding the use of the object as a murder weapon. The fact that it was originally called Garbenmesser and used as an agricultural tool does not automatically mean that it wasn't also used as a weapon and nicknamed by those who used it. Following this logic, all murders committed by a kitchen knife, hammer, fire iron, scissors etc - may be considered a myth since the (alleged) murder weapon was originally a domestic tool. Let's be serious. Of course, this doesn't mean that the srbosjek story (the nickname and misuse) is necessarily true, but it wasn't debunked either. So far, it was proven that the object in question did indeed exist and it was originally designed for harvesting.

Cheers,
Ivan

Dr Eisvogel

Post by Dr Eisvogel » 15 Feb 2018, 20:41

Ivan Ž. wrote:
Dr Eisvogel wrote:There was no knife called Srbosjek, except in Yugoslav and Serb propaganda.

I haven't seen any debunking regarding the use of the object as a murder weapon. The fact that it was originally called Garbenmesser and used as an agricultural tool does not automatically mean that it wasn't also used as a weapon and nicknamed by those who used it. Following this logic, all murders committed by a kitchen knife, hammer, fire iron, scissors etc - may be considered a myth since the (alleged) murder weapon was originally a domestic tool. Let's be serious. Of course, this doesn't mean that the srbosjek story (the nickname and misuse) is necessarily true, but it wasn't debunked either. So far, it was proven that the object in question did indeed exist and it was originally designed for harvesting.

Cheers,
Ivan
Hi Ivan,

Please address existence of Croatian Franciscan friar Petar Brzica.

My original post addressed the existence of a person Colonel Dr K Prabhakar Rao called "Petar "Pero" Brzica (born ca. 1917)
was a Croatian Franciscan friar
".

He is also part of the story. Since he didn't exist, the use of the murder weapon is irrelevant, because there was no murderer from the story and thus no victims of his.

I specifically insist on evidence that we are talking about Croatian Franciscan friar, because that monstrous lie is always part of the monstrous story about monstrous murders of a monstrous murderer.

The name Petar or Pero Brzica is an otherwise frequent combination, just on Facebook there are eight such persons nowadays.

My original post also addressed the existence of a weapon Colonel Dr K Prabhakar Rao called "a srbosjek" and which is specifically mentioned as the weapon used by P. Brzica, who was a Croatian Franciscan friar.

Also, I've posted the link to the old thread (https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic ... 6&t=160056) on this very forum on which between 15th November 2009 and 3rd January 2011 no proof for such a person or the event was posted.

The existence of that thread allowed me to claim that the myth was debunked, because in 14 months no proof whatsoever was posted.

Also, on that thread there is a claim that Srbosjek was designed by Ante Pavelić himself, again without any evidence whatsoever.

Best regards,
Eisvogel

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 15 Feb 2018, 21:50

Eisvogel, mind your temper. I wrote about the weapon which was not tied to one person. The myth that there was a srbosjek weapon was not debunked in the thread you mentioned, which I've read before replying. (My "I haven't seen any debunking..." refers to the thread in question.)

Ivan

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 16 Feb 2018, 17:33

Dr Eisvogel wrote:There was no Croatian Franciscan friar called Petar Brzica.
I've skimmed through the thread you linked to and didn't find any evidence for the above claim.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”