Majdanek Personnel

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Georg_S
Forum Staff

Re: Majdanek Personnel

Post by Georg_S » 31 Aug 2019, 23:10

Two things about this thread, first Hermann Florstedts fate is unknown. He is since the end of the war totally fine.

About SS-Hstuf Melzer I have published some info about him here - https://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspo ... n.html?m=1

Best reg
Georg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

ansata1976

Post by ansata1976 » 26 Jan 2024, 21:57

SS-Untersturmführer Hans Bernstein (23.10.1915 in Berlin) sentenced to death 18.03.1945 (executed 03.04.1945)

sekudlyda

Post by sekudlyda » 27 Jan 2024, 20:55

Regarding Hermann Florstedt, I cannot recall all the examples, in print and online, in which Florstedt was supposedly executed by the SS shortly before the war ended. He was condemned to death for corruption by an SS court, but, unlike his former superior, Karl Koch, there appears to be no verifiable evidence that Florstedt's death sentence was ever carried out. Consequently, my guess is that Florstedt somehow disappeared into the chaos and confusion of Germany in April 1945, and was never brought to justice by the SS or the Allies or the Federal Republic of Germany later on.

I've even read conflicting accounts of Karl Koch's alleged execution by the SS. I recall reading recently that SS captain Hans Schmidt, the adjutant at Buchenwald and the last SS war criminal hanged by the U.S. Army, stated before his execution that he was present at Koch's execution by firing squad shortly before Buchenwald was liberated by American troops. However, any SS documentation concerning either of these alleged executions has either been lost to history or didn't exist in the first place.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”