Mauthausen Adjutant Name & Dates Request

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
hucks216

Mauthausen Adjutant Name & Dates Request

Post by hucks216 » 08 Jun 2018, 17:36

Hello, I am not sure if this should be here or in the Axis Bio section but as my request is camp related I will try here.

Would anyone be able to help me by naming the Adjutant's at Mauthausen and the dates they served in that position please - I am primarily looking for the October 1940 to January 1941 period. The rank would be SS-Obersturmführer.

I have read a Mauthausen trial document (United States versus Theo Otto Bernhardt, et al) whereby it states that Xaver Strauss was stationed at Mauthausen from May 1940 but it doesn't say in what capacity and it goes on to mention that he was promoted to SS-Hauptsturmführer in April 1941. One website states that he was the Adjutant for the period I seek.
But I have also found mention of Viktor Zoller as Adjutant in 1941 and his Wiki article states that he was Adjutant from 22nd March 1940 to 2nd May 1942. The above mentioned trial document does confirm the dates for his connection with Mauthausen but doesn't state in what capacity.

I am assuming that it would be one of these two but can anyone confirm the dates please for the position of Adjutant?

hucks216

Re: Mauthausen Adjutant Name & Dates Request

Post by hucks216 » 18 Jun 2018, 12:51

The reason for asking - signature in a Soldbuch.
POSS Strauß or Zoller.jpg

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”