Rapings commited by the soviet Soldiers

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Oleg Grigoryev

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 14 Jun 2003, 22:07

ustal wrote:
4148 actually according the article you dismissed as a joke –and these are officers only,
Actually I know that Russians were prosecuting rapists but the problem is that why the rapes were so widespread why so many rapes went unpunished.
I'm not asking you these questions, I'm just indicating what I started with.
You on the other hand is saying that everything was cool and all rapists got canned. I would never agree with that. No matter what. So stop wasting your time with me.
Frankly I haven't seen anyone on this site who has changed his mind on critical issues. Seems like Roberto vs Michael Smith will go on forever. Great site for general information though.
puts a whole in your these through which one can drive a 16-wheeler.
They say 18 wheeler.[/quote]

that is not what you said really, what you initially implied was that there was no attamept made to supress outrages whatsoever.
We crossed the border with Germany in the region of the Netze River at Kostschin (Kostrzyn). We were driving at night over the site of yesterday's battles. Exhausted soldiers slept in the back of the truck. Suddenly I saw a plywood arch over the road and a sign on it in large black letters. I read it and my skin became covered with goose bumps: "Here it is - the criminal Germany." I called my platoon commanders. The soldiers were woken up. Here, I say, we're entering the fascist beast's lair. In the morning the regiment commander arrived. We had it set up so that a look-out watches both the air and the road, expecting superiors. If he sees a commander's "Willys" he would also command "Alert!", same as during an air raid. The commander asks: "What did you feed the soldiers today?" "Well, porridge, as always" - I reply. "Sergeant major, come here. What did you feed the soldiers?" "Porridge, Comrade Colonel." "Porridge, porridge... I was at Terekhov's battery, they already procured pork, or whatever. Take a Studebaker or a Chevrolet and drive to a farm. Take everything they got." It must be said that beyond Netze the population in the radius of 20 km ran away, abandoning hungry farm animals. So our commanders were pushing us to pillage. Although, this ceased shortly because an order of the Front Commander Zhukov came out, saying something like: "We are a liberator army, which brought liberation to the German people, and we must treat the German people same as our own." But try to explain to simple Russian soldiers, who had relatives hanged or shot, houses destroyed, that they must forget everything at once?! It's impossible! The men were indignant: "Why am I supposed to forget what the Germans have done with my land, my relatives?" This transition was very painful. Because from the very Stalingrad to Germany's border we were advancing under the slogan: "Kill a German!" I still see Ilya Erenburg's articles in front of my eyes. You also have to keep in mind that the replacements in my battery by that time were mostly criminals, released due to amnesty. There was a case when my soldier, a criminal like that, raped a mother and daughter in a cemetery. I had to defend myself, write a report, SMERSH (stands for "Death to Spies", wartime military counter-intelligence organization - trans.) got interested, and he was put before a court martial. But there weren't any mass cases.
I assume since this artillery Capitan’s name does not begin with “So..” you are going to dismiss is as propaganda.
You know what I realized, that if documents I posted here, would be present in the Beeevor’s - you would have no problem with them whatsoever. It seems that for content of document changes in validity, depending on who presented it to you.

[/quote]

ustal

Post by ustal » 15 Jun 2003, 05:43

that is not what you said really, what you initially implied was that there was no attamept made to supress outrages whatsoever.
I meant no sufficient attempt.
What I said is that Soviets orders did not stop the rapes because no one enforced these orders to the full extent. If there were 4000 or so punished out of hundreds of thousands what would you call it? Justice?
Which means the orders while they exist are just paper garbage. Soviets issued them simply to cover their asses. So now people like you can wave the reports and scream Look we did it. Did what? By the way that stone soldier of yours in the Treptow park, covered with pigeon crap, some Berlin people used to call Monument to Unknown Rapist.
I've said it before and it is becoming boring. You have no means to convince me, keep writing but the result will be the same.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 15 Jun 2003, 06:19

This thread is going nowhere pleasant, and in fact, it stopped being pleasant a while back. Since it is no longer productive, I'm closing it.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”