War crimes of Australian's soldiers

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
lartiste
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 15:08
Location: EU

War crimes of Australian's soldiers

Post by lartiste » 06 Jun 2019 20:49

Just for the board archive - how to white wash war crimes - Australian style

1. mark all information concerning the crimes with label "classified"
2. criminalize everyone who is trying to disclose the warcrime

It reminds a bit practices of communistic governments

1. adopt laws on protection of the party and people's democratic regime
2. criminalize everyone who is trying to disclose the monstrosity of the communism (government)

lartiste
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 15:08
Location: EU

Re: War crimes of Australian's soldiers

Post by lartiste » 06 Jun 2019 20:52


David Thompson
Forum Staff
Posts: 23261
Joined: 20 Jul 2002 19:52
Location: USA

Re: War crimes of Australian's soldiers

Post by David Thompson » 06 Jun 2019 22:55

lartiste -- You wrote:
Just for the board archive - how to white wash war crimes - Australian style

1. mark all information concerning the crimes with label "classified"
2. criminalize everyone who is trying to disclose the warcrime

It reminds a bit practices of communistic governments

So what? We don't care about your political opinions here. See our rules:
3. Opinions

Since the purpose of this section of the forum is to exchange information and hold informed discussions about historical problems, posts which express unsolicited opinions without supporting facts and sources do not promote the purposes of the forum. Consequently, such posts are subject to deletion after a warning to the poster.

The same reasoning applies to opinion threads.
app.php/rules

If you are aware of documented facts that you want to talk about, take the events one by one and argue those facts. Don't forget to document the source of the facts. Consider this your warning.

antwony
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: 30 Jun 2016 09:14
Location: Not at that place

Re: War crimes of Australian's soldiers

Post by antwony » 07 Jun 2019 09:07

lartiste wrote:
06 Jun 2019 20:49
Just for the board archive - how to white wash war crimes - Australian style

1. mark all information concerning the crimes with label "classified"
2. criminalize everyone who is trying to disclose the warcrime
All Australian Army operations are classified for 25/ 50/ 75 years. Aren't sure if the there's even been official acknowledment of, say, OP CLARET even though that was over 50 years ago. Whether charges follow revelations is determined on a case- by- case basis. Am pretty sure no one (in Australia) has ever prosecuted under the Official Secrets Acts.
lartiste wrote:
06 Jun 2019 20:49
It reminds a bit practices of communistic governments

1. adopt laws on protection of the party and people's democratic regime
2. criminalize everyone who is trying to disclose the monstrosity of the communism (government)
So, you're upset about a story in the press about infringements on press freedom and go big and link it to Communism.... You're a champ.

Technically, Australia is a Constitutional Monarchy and Parliamentary Democracy, we are not a "people's democratic regime". We follow the British democratic tradition. Unless you're from Portugal or Sweden/ Finland, you've nothing to teach us about democracy. Suppose France would be another EU country with some kind of democratic tradition.

Australian's Freedom of Speech is only theoretically implied (I'm not a lawyer, so don't trust my opinions) and has never been tested in court. Any whistle blowers could be in enormous trouble and members of the press publishing classified stuff will be making new friends in the local gaols shower block.

The story is probably based on the 1CDO guys who were prosecuted for throwing a grenade into a building they were taking fire from.

lartiste
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 15:08
Location: EU

Re: War crimes of Australian's soldiers

Post by lartiste » 07 Jun 2019 15:53

David Thompson wrote:
06 Jun 2019 22:55
lartiste -- You wrote:
Just for the board archive - how to white wash war crimes - Australian style

1. mark all information concerning the crimes with label "classified"
2. criminalize everyone who is trying to disclose the warcrime

It reminds a bit practices of communistic governments

So what? We don't care about your political opinions here. See our rules:
3. Opinions

Since the purpose of this section of the forum is to exchange information and hold informed discussions about historical problems, posts which express unsolicited opinions without supporting facts and sources do not promote the purposes of the forum. Consequently, such posts are subject to deletion after a warning to the poster.

The same reasoning applies to opinion threads.
app.php/rules

If you are aware of documented facts that you want to talk about, take the events one by one and argue those facts. Don't forget to document the source of the facts. Consider this your warning.
Dear David, which part is political opinion? Is there any doubt, that Australian government instead of investigation of the war crimes is trying to criminalize people who disclose the war crimes? The proof is link which I provided. Any doubt that that happened?

Argumentum per analogiam I demonstrated that this type of conduct was (is) typical for totalitarian regime. Is there any doubt that this happened? Do you consider it even opinion? No problem to provide as many sources as you want.

The reason of this topic is to have a reference for future use.



Jan

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”