Dutch Railroad Reckons With Holocaust Shame, 70 Years Later

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
wm

Re: Dutch Railroad Reckons With Holocaust Shame, 70 Years Later

Post by wm » 08 Nov 2019, 23:18

Well, the French railways delivered a few million French slave workers to the Germans, nobody seems disturbed by that.
I suppose the Dutch national railway did the same although the number was much less.
Similarily nothing wrong (considering the hell the ww2 was) with transporting Jews from across the Netherlands to the Westerbork camp unless the Dutch knew what fate awaited them.

I suppose the American railways transporting Japanese Americans to the camps had to come up with a timetable too, were paid for it, and did it without a word of protests.

So again, the question is did they know it or not.

Gorque

Re: Dutch Railroad Reckons With Holocaust Shame, 70 Years Later

Post by Gorque » 09 Nov 2019, 15:21

wm wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 23:18
Well, the French railways delivered a few million French slave workers to the Germans, nobody seems disturbed by that.
I suppose the Dutch national railway did the same although the number was much less.
Similarily nothing wrong (considering the hell the ww2 was) with transporting Jews from across the Netherlands to the Westerbork camp unless the Dutch knew what fate awaited them.

I suppose the American railways transporting Japanese Americans to the camps had to come up with a timetable too, were paid for it, and did it without a word of protests.

Perhaps the Dutch have a lower threshold regarding shame. :wink:

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”