Russian raping of liberated jewish girls and women

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Panzermahn

Russian raping of liberated jewish girls and women

Post by Panzermahn » 14 Jun 2003, 10:59

does anyone had any more info on this?

Oleg Grigoryev

Re: Russian raping of liberated jewish girls and women

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 14 Jun 2003, 16:59

panzermahn wrote:does anyone had any more info on this?
I have plenty of info for Germn doing these -would you like some?

witness

Post by witness » 14 Jun 2003, 17:20

does anyone had any more info on this?
You ...? Other then a little picked up episode from A.Beever' "Fall of Berlin " book ?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 14 Jun 2003, 21:38

Let's keep on topic, if you want to discuss the German crimes, please start a new thread.

/Marcus

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 19 Jun 2003, 10:13

According to Beevor's book, Berlin, the liberated jewish women and girls were gang raped by the sex-starved Russian Bolsheviks troops despite pleas from them that they are concentration camp inmates...This happened much during the bolshevik invasion of East prussia and the Baltic balcony..

I alwiz wonder that if Mr Wiesenthal always hunts for german war criminals to avenge the crimes committed against the jewish people, but why doesn't he mentioned any of this? Why, does Mr Wiesenthal afraid of the glorious Bolshevik empire?

KalaVelka

Post by KalaVelka » 19 Jun 2003, 11:02

Oleg this topic is about soviet atrocities and no one asked about german atrocities this time. If germans did some atrocities that doesnt mean that russians were atrocities-free. You should know it. IMO russians were even worse than germans.

demonio

Post by demonio » 19 Jun 2003, 12:50

Are there any survivor testimonies attesting to this ?

Im having terrible trouble finding this info.

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 19 Jun 2003, 14:18

As you probably know first wave combat Soviet units didn't comit any rapings, but men from second or supply units did.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 19 Jun 2003, 14:33

KalaVelka wrote:Oleg this topic is about soviet atrocities and no one asked about german atrocities this time. If germans did some atrocities that doesnt mean that russians were atrocities-free. You should know it. IMO russians were even worse than germans.
In terms of rape, certainly so.

In terms of killing, the figures known to me suggest that the Germans left them far behind.

But this is not the topic of this thread, as you correctly pointed out.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 19 Jun 2003, 14:40

panzermahn wrote:According to Beevor's book, Berlin, the liberated jewish women and girls were gang raped by the sex-starved Russian Bolsheviks troops despite pleas from them that they are concentration camp inmates...This happened much during the bolshevik invasion of East prussia and the Baltic balcony..
You seem to have Beevor's book at hand. How about transcribing the pertinent passages for the benefit of those not familiar with the book?
panzermahn wrote:I alwiz wonder that if Mr Wiesenthal always hunts for german war criminals to avenge the crimes committed against the jewish people, but why doesn't he mentioned any of this? Why, does Mr Wiesenthal afraid of the glorious Bolshevik empire?
As our fellow poster Kalavelka might have pointed out, the above uncalled-for nonsense is likely to detract from the topic of this thread.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 19 Jun 2003, 16:57

Panzermahn -- Have a look at the announcement "On Taunts, Insults and Offensive Behavior" at the top of the index list in this section of the forum and give some thought to moderating your language. A lengthy string of negative adjectives gives the reader a definite impression of your opinion, but without supporting facts, an opinion alone is of little value.

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 20 Jun 2003, 04:20

Okay David,

sorry for over-emphasizing..

You seem to have Beevor's book at hand. How about transcribing the pertinent passages for the benefit of those not familiar with the book?
Roberto, give me a few days and i'll return with the quotation and passage regarding this topic...Furthermore i'm not using my own computer (coz its too slow 56Kbps) but i had to travel to my university to use the internet connection...Please be patient :wink:

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 23 Jun 2003, 02:52

Roberto, here are some passages and quotes as you requested me from Beevor's book

Here are some phrases and quotes regarding certain russian bolshevik brutality in 1945 which i proudly present to you from Beevor's outstanding historical masterpiece...

Chapter: Fire and Sword and Noble Fury,

page 28:
Red Army soldiers don't believe in individual liasons with german women, wrote the playwright Zakhar Agraneko in his diary when sering as an officer of marine infantry in East Prussia. Nine, ten, twelve men at a time-they rape them on a collective basis. He later described how German women in Elbing, in a desperate attempt to seek protection, offered themselves to Soviet marine infantrymen.

page 29:
Even young women soldiers and medics in the Red Army did not disapprove. Our soldiers' behaviour towards Germans, particularly German women, is absolutely correct! said a 21 year old from Agraneko's recon detachment (obviously referring to the rapes of german women, my emphasis)

page 31:
the subject has been so repressed in Russia that even today veterans refuse to acknowledge what really happened during the onslaught on german territory. they will admit to hearing few excesses and then dismiss the subject as an inevitable result of the war.

the tiny handful prepared to speak openly, however, are totally unrepentant. They all lifted their skirts for us and lay in the bed, said the komsomol leader in a tank company. he even went to boast that 2 million of our children were born in germany.

our fellows were so sex-starved, a soviet major told a british journalist at that time, that they often raped old women of sixty, seventy or even eighty.

Chapter: Clearing the Rear Areas

Page 107:
Stalin may have described the NKVD rifle regiments to General Bull (US Army General accompanying Air Marshal Tedder visit to Russia) as a gendarmerie but it is still striking how little they intervened to stop looting, rape and the random murder of civillians.

Rape itself, a typical Dzugashvillian euphemism was referred to as an "immoral event". It is interesting that Russian historians today still produce evasive circumlocutions.

Rommel8

Post by Rommel8 » 23 Jun 2003, 04:28

I agree with Kala that in my opinion, the Russians were worse then the Germans. In a book (still looking for title) it speaks of people who saw what the russians did. One of the many things was that the T-34's would run over the long lines of refugees.

Oleg Grigoryev

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 23 Jun 2003, 11:28

IMO russians were even worse than germans.
In terms of rape, certainly so.
considering that there were no Soviet/Russian study on the subject of German rapes in USSR (or none that I know off)– how you people can be so certain? Basically what figure are you comparing against?

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”