Detetion Reports of war criminals

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Ron

Detetion Reports of war criminals

Post by Ron » 17 Jan 2020, 17:32

The National Archives in Kew has them and is good for collecting photographs of the accused.Thanks to Steve for giving me the file numbers.
Now does anyone know if the National Archives at College Park has the same ? and if yes the file numbers ?I have been in contact asking for detetion reports of those extradited to Poland but with no luck from the staff who searched.

Also cannot find photographs of Pilsen gestapo members ! Tried archives in Pilsen and Prague and they cannot find any.has anyone came across them ?

Last of all does anyone know how to get the Polish archives to answer emails ?? 5 times and they have never replied !!

All the best Ron

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Re: Detetion Reports of war criminals

Post by Georg_S » 18 Jan 2020, 08:52

Hello Ron
About the polish archives, I have got an reply from them and they seem to be difficult to work with.
They agreed to share info to me IF I could either - send them a recommondation letter from a publishing company that I am a established writer, or a letter from an allready established writer who could vouch for me or similiar from a University etc.

I have a friend who are a writer (established and have been published all over the works) who have Said that he will help me.

When I wrote to Them I had the correct Archive Numbers etc and maybe that was some help.

Good Luck
Georg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

Ron

Post by Ron » 18 Jan 2020, 13:20

That's crazy George ,when your just chasing historical facts. Any way good luck to you as well

All the best Ron

steve248

Post by steve248 » 18 Jan 2020, 18:18

Ron

I have asked a researcher who visits NARA about the detention reports - and sent him a copy of one from Kew, as an example.
He has never seen anything like this and the NARA archivists claim no knowledge.

It could be that the US sent the material to West Germany in the 1950s as part of the deal on German POWs agreed by the British, French and US. One reason why there are no more at Kew; those at Kew may just not have been included.

All the material now at WAst/Deutsche Dienststelle in Berlin.

Ron

Post by Ron » 18 Jan 2020, 20:07

Steve thanks once again for your input on this subject.I remember visiting NARA many years ago but only studied some Dachau and Mauthausen men.But sure one man, I think had a similiar first page with photograph !!

All the best Ron

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 19 Jan 2020, 21:47

Georg_S wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 08:52
Hello Ron
About the polish archives, I have got an reply from them and they seem to be difficult to work with.
They agreed to share info to me IF I could either - send them a recommondation letter from a publishing company that I am a established writer, or a letter from an allready established writer who could vouch for me or similiar from a University etc.
[...]Georg
Hi,

Poland is extremely uncooperative. About 1,5 years ago I contacted the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Archive asking for the court files from their Auschwitz trial in Cracow. They claimed that they have no copies nor other detailed information abou this important trial! What in my opinion is impossible.
As a result I contacted a week later three departments of the IPN in Warsaw and asked for help. Who should possess those files or at least copies when not them? After several days a single response informaing me that their IPN dep. in in Cracow will contact me and inform me about details resp. the possibility to take a look on them. I never heard anything from them.
About 4 month ago I contacted them (the IPN) on their Facebook in a post and asked when I will finaly get what they promised. Their response: "Who are you? What are you talking about? We never heared from you.".
Explained them what I was asking for. They still denied that they (or any branch office) ever had contact with me. As next step I posted screenshots from the E-mail correspondence with their employees on their wall. Then further denying was futil and they remembered :lol:
Again promising on Facebook to contact me or to send me records. Nothing heared anymore. The IPN is as reputable as their prime minister Morawiecki or their government - not at all.

The only good ecpereince in Poland I do have with the archive in Lodz (covering the ghetto files in their archive). They are kind, fast and very helpful.

Regards,
Roman

Ron

Post by Ron » 20 Jan 2020, 10:12

Hi Roman
Sorry to hear of the bad experience, it really is awful.
But the archive on na struza street Prague is brilliant, I was there during a closed period, and they opened it up for me as I had travelled.just wished others were so friendly and Co oprative

All the best Ron

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 03 Feb 2020, 20:09

Ron wrote:
20 Jan 2020, 10:12
Hi Roman
Sorry to hear of the bad experience, it really is awful.
But the archive on na struza street Prague is brilliant, I was there during a closed period, and they opened it up for me as I had travelled.just wished others were so friendly and Co oprative

All the best Ron
Sorry for the late response, Ron, but I got banned from the forum for unmasking a liar which posted falsified quotes of a fellow scholar and other lies. Even while I provided the evidence that this person didn´t only falsify alleged quotes but also reports about occurings in Vienna. My crime: Calling the liar a liar. This rude behaviour of mine was of course a reason to ban me and to delete evidence.
Cheers

Georg_S
Forum Staff

Post by Georg_S » 03 Feb 2020, 22:28

FYI, History1 got temporarly banned as he threatned Long time and highly appriciated moderators of this forum. He also used a language which is NOT tolerated. IF this behavior continues a permanent ban will be the next step.

//Georg
"Information not shared, is lost"

Personal Blog - http://wennallebruderschweigen.blogspot.com/
Support AHF - app.php/support
My Project - www.führerliste.com

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 04 Feb 2020, 08:13

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”