THE HOLOCAUST-RELATED SITES IN THESSALONIKI

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Maksym Chornyi

Post by Maksym Chornyi » 15 Feb 2020, 20:48

I have visited Thessaloniki exactly one year ago back in February 2019 and my historical self-made route included a number of sites, closely connected with the WW2 and the Holocaust. Every first recognized book includes the tragic story of the Jewish community of the city and I have studied a number of sources to take you, with history and images, to this dramatic topic. As always I would greatly appreciate your feedback: comments, questions, adding on the article from this short Greece series (my next series of materials would be devoted to Warsaw).

https://war-documentary.info/holocaust-in-salonica/

Ponury

Re: THE HOLOCAUST-RELATED SITES IN THESSALONIKI

Post by Ponury » 20 Feb 2020, 23:21

The Greeks from Thessaloniki were murdered in the German extermination camps of Treblinka and Sobibór, which were located in Poland. Terrible places ...

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 21 Feb 2020, 14:40

Some (Most?) Greeks from Thessaloniki were murdered in Nazi German extermination camps Treblinka and Sobibór which are located in Poland. Terrible places, full of wilful aids from the Trawniki units which did run the camps under Nazi German administration ( a dozen Germans and ~130 - 140 Trawniki): Ukrainians, Lithuanians, Poles, Belo Russians, former Soviet POW, etc..
And, AFAIK, Greek Jews perished/were also in Auschwitz.

Ponury

Post by Ponury » 29 Mar 2020, 18:23

Poles as guards in Sobibor or Treblinka??? Where?! I am asking for names, I know the subject of the crew.

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 30 Mar 2020, 09:47

Ponury wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 18:23
Poles as guards in Sobibor or Treblinka??? Where?! I am asking for names, I know the subject of the crew.
Great! Then you´re sure also familiar with the Auschwitz staff list published by the IPN!? And guess what we can read/find there? Verdicts of POLISH CITIZENS convicted by Polish post WWII courts for treason!
Are Polish citizens not Poles? :lol:
BTW, this matter is OT here and will NOT be continued.

Ponury

Post by Ponury » 30 Mar 2020, 17:32

I am asking for some examples. I have heard about the Polish helper in the camp in Chełmno nad Nerem (Henryk Kania, convicted in 2001 and others), but Poles in the Auschwitz crew?

Sergey Romanov

Post by Sergey Romanov » 02 Apr 2020, 23:36

history1 wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 09:47
Ponury wrote:
29 Mar 2020, 18:23
Great! Then you´re sure also familiar with the Auschwitz staff list published by the IPN!? And guess what we can read/find there? Verdicts of POLISH CITIZENS convicted by Polish post WWII courts for treason!
Are Polish citizens not Poles? :lol:
BTW, this matter is OT here and will NOT be continued.
He means ethnic Poles. Polish Jews were also "Poles" in your sense.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”