BABI YAR: SITES IN THE VICINITY

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Maksym Chornyi

Post by Maksym Chornyi » 26 Dec 2020, 16:20

I feel proud-spirited to continue the ‘BABI YAR’ series of articles by sharing this new material. It took me nearly two months to research and write this 6000-word historical guide. As a Ukrainian myself, I hope a detailed history, based on a riches of primary and appraised secondary sources may fill a void for the Western readers in the rarely voiced topic of the Babi yar massacre. Apart from the ravine itself and the landmark memorials within, a number of sites of great historical significance are to be found, read about, and commemorated in the vicinity. As always I have prepared an extensive amount of archival photos, combined with my own, updated on the site in 2020, as well as aerial schemes and Google maps with markings for your own study and journey to Kyiv, Ukraine.

I would greatly appreciate your goodwill in the feedback for this material: corrections, additions, questions, commentaries, and critique: all these motivate me to keep traveling, reading, writing, and sharing. Wish you engrossing books and seeing the world.

https://war-documentary.info/beyond-babi-yar/

arthurnottheking

Re: BABI YAR: SITES IN THE VICINITY

Post by arthurnottheking » 16 Feb 2021, 09:50

An interactive memorial and museum complex in Babyn Yar is planned to be completed by 2026 under the guidance of Ilya Khrzhanovsky.
I've recently come across this official page > The Babyn Yar Holocaust Memorial Centre https://babynyar.org/en
Hope many of you find it quite informative (for personal interest and research too).

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”