Mass Rape by the German Army was worse than the Allies?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Jan-Hendrik

Re: Mass Rape by the German Army was worse than the Allies?

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 07 Jan 2021, 14:21

Ähm....you are serious?

A Reemsta-Jünger and and a wannbe Dr.Phil??

I need facts, not opinions...

Jan-Hendrik

Boby

Post by Boby » 07 Jan 2021, 14:30

Beck study is available online, here:
https://digi20.digitale-sammlungen.de/d ... html?sort=

Reaktori

Post by Reaktori » 07 Jan 2021, 14:38

Ciano diary p.490:

https://archive.org/details/GibsonHughT ... 3/mode/2up

"Sorrentino, on his return from Russia, gives his impressions and makes forecasts for the future. The first are not pleasant and the second not comforting. The brutality of the Germans, which has now reached the proportions of a continuing crime, stands out from his words so vividly and so movingly as to make one skeptical of its truth- fulness. Massacres of entire populations, raping, killing of children — all this is a matter of daily occurrence."

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 07 Jan 2021, 15:21

Quote: "A Reemsta-Jünger and and a wannbe Dr.Phil??"

Good afternoon Jan-Hendrik,

would you please be so kind, to translate your used designation "Reemsta-Jünger" to the english speaking and reading audience
here in the forum, thank you very much?

Btw, the correct spelling is Reemtsma. :wink:

Jan Philipp Reemtsma: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Philipp_Reemtsma

Hans1906
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 07 Jan 2021, 15:33

Sorry for the misspelling. I think it is common knowledge what his agenda is and which people he pays for that....

Jan-Hendrik

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 07 Jan 2021, 18:13

Jan-Hendrik, you are welcome,

what is still the reason for your designation "Reemtsma Jünger", is there someting like a "source" for all this,
or is all this still related to the so called "Wehrmachtsausstellung"?

Link (D) https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wehrmachtsausstellung
Link (E) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wehrmacht_exhibition

Officialy named back then "Vernichtungskrieg. Verbrechen der Wehrmacht 1941 bis 1944", and "Verbrechen der Wehrmacht. Dimensionen des Vernichtungskrieges 1941–1944"

That would be my question?

Hans1906
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

wm

Post by wm » 07 Jan 2021, 19:01

It should be mentioned Soviet soldiers mass raped in Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary too.

On the other hand, I don't remember anything about rapes by the German Army in contemporary Polish and Jewish sources. It happened by wasn't apparently that "massive."

German military brothels certainly existed but some say they were only partially forced.
Another thing, someone dishonestly put Franz Mawick's story there as evidence of German soldiers' behavior in such a brothel when in fact he describes voluntary prostitution in Warsaw, Poland.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 07 Jan 2021, 20:16

Hi wm,

You post, "German military brothels certainly existed but some say they were only partially forced."

I have had look at your source, but can't find that in it. Could you put the quote up here?

I have found in it; "According to records, at least 34,140 European women were forced to serve as prostitutes during the German occupation of their own countries along with female prisoners of concentration camp brothels.[1] In many cases in Eastern Europe, teenage girls and women were kidnapped on the streets of occupied cities during German military and police round ups called łapanka or rafle."

and

"There were some prostitutes primarily in Western Europe who volunteered to work in the brothels, rather than to be sent to a concentration camp."

but neither of these look at all voluntary.

You also complain about the Mawick story because you claim it it is "voluntary prostitution":

"Uniformed Germans ... gaze fixedly at women and girls between the ages of 15 and 25. One of the soldiers pulls out a pocket flashlight and shines it on one of the women, straight into her eyes. The two women turn their pale faces to us, expressing weariness and resignation. The first one is about 30 years old. 'What is this old whore looking for around here?' – one of the three soldiers laughs. 'Bread, sir' – asks the woman. ... 'A kick in the ass you get, not bread' – answers the soldier. Owner of the flashlight directs the light again on the faces and bodies of girls. ... The youngest is maybe 15 years old ... They open her coat and start groping her with their lustfull paws. 'This one is ideal for bed' – he says."

Again, it doesn't look at all voluntary, either.

Cheers,

Sid.
Last edited by Sid Guttridge on 07 Jan 2021, 20:28, edited 2 times in total.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 07 Jan 2021, 20:21

Hi Jan-Hendrik,

As this thread is based on what TIK says in his youtube contribution, you might be well advised to look at it, if you want your opinion to carry any weight.

But if you are really after"...facts, not opinions" you could try the three or more other sources given on this thread in links.

Happy hunting,

Sid.

wm

Post by wm » 07 Jan 2021, 20:42

As I wrote, the Mawick story is fraudulently used there, I have the book, he describes street prostitution in Warsaw.

The source for "at least 34,140 European women" is of low quality and questionable, from a memoir of an inmate of Ravensbrück.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 07 Jan 2021, 21:32

Please, dont get me wrong.

I was asking Jan-Hendrik about the german term "Reemtsma Jünger".

His answer probably interesting for some users in this forum, this was my only question?

Hans1906

DavidFrankenberg

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 08 Jan 2021, 00:26

Equating prostitution during wartime to gangrapes in the streets or in the fields is stupid.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 08 Jan 2021, 15:02

Hi DavidFrankenberg,

Equating prostitution during peacetime to gangrapes in the streets or in the fields may well be stupid.

However. equating wartime prostitution in which women are forced into official brothels by the tens of thousands is not so stupid. It amounts to sequential gang rape.

It is perhaps worth adding that the Soviets, for all their own crimes in this area, apparently had no equivalent official state brothels. This seems to have been a particularly Nazi German form of mass sexual exploitation.

Cheers,

Sid.
Last edited by Sid Guttridge on 08 Jan 2021, 15:18, edited 2 times in total.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 08 Jan 2021, 15:15

Hi wm,

You post, "As I wrote, the Mawick story is fraudulently used there, I have the book, he describes street prostitution in Warsaw."

Good, then you are presumably in a position to support that by giving us quotes. (Please don't forget the page numbers and edition, so that we may check). Please note, the "street prestitution" is described in the above Mawick quote and it doesn't look at all voluntary.

The source for "at least 34,140 European women" (in official brothels) is of low quality and questionable, from a memoir of an inmate of Ravensbrück."

Why is it "of low quality and questionable"? 34,140 is given as a minimum figure, and TIK says that it was at least 50,000. What figures do you have that is of higher quality and less questionable and what are your sources?

Cheers,

Sid.

Dimitrii

Post by Dimitrii » 09 Jan 2021, 21:08

OldBill wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 21:28
I'm not a fan of his channel. Something about his demeanor put me off. I quit watching over that, I just grew suspicious of anything he said and the way he said it.
Well put, Old Bill. I started watching his videos with great interest but after a while I found out he is more of a maniac and an idelogue with a fan base resembling a kindergarden. He basically turns his opinion into what he calls "facts", I found it all very dissapointing.

Also yes, his demeanor is very condacening/psychological games and he uses a lot of authocratic ("it's true because I say so") arguments.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”