Hanging of german war criminals ?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
sekudlyda

Re: Hanging of german war criminals ?

Post by sekudlyda » 03 Apr 2021, 16:13

I'm with LineDoggie 100%. Hans1906 is hung up on the same old false tale of woe used by Germans; that they were the real victims of the brutal Allies during and after the war. It's obvious from his past posts in which he praises the revisionist rantings of History1, who has been banned from this website. The Germans brought it all on themselves and all the muddled, misguided posts of Hans1906 won't change that. The Nazi war criminals who were hanged all got what they deserved. I still haven't seen anything from Hans1906 about the Ploetzensee hangings ordered by Hitler of the July 20th conspirators other than they don't apply since they weren't carried out by the Allies. Get real, Hans!

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 03 Apr 2021, 16:55

sekudlyda,

your constant references to the here banned user from Austria with the username "History1" do not open me, this constant ranting against a former user do not give a good picture of your person.

The man was excellent, spoke several languages and left thousands of more than interesting posts here in the AHF, so much for that.

My mother was German, my father American, which position do you think I should take, I still don't have an answer to that.
When something upsets me, I write something, unfortunately in an often bad English.

You can always write me a PN, I will answer you, that would be my offer to you.

Happy Easter weekend to you also! :milwink:

Hans1906

* Hate is foreign to me, and hate will never determine my life, I still believe in the good in us humans....
** And if topics are locked, or deleted, then all this is as always the decision of the administration, an Internet forum was never democratic, so and not otherwise I know all this.
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

sekudlyda

Post by sekudlyda » 03 Apr 2021, 17:48

Your "bad English" doesn't bother me in the least. Your English is much better than my German. What concerns me is your misguided support for History1, your obsession with the myth of "victors' justice" and your ambivalence towards the Third Reich in general. Whatever your views, though, a happy Easter to you as well.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 03 Apr 2021, 19:20

Siegerjustiz is the term. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siegerjustiz

I would not put on that shoe, there were just, and equally unjust sentences, many experts see the death penalty imposed on a man like Streicher as non-compliant.

It would have been better to let the man live, to analyze, to question the motives behind this sick brain, this chance was missed at that time, quick revenge was the theme, unfortunately.

Just imagine if a director like Claude Lanzmann could have conducted an interview with Göring, or Streicher.
Our view today of everything before 1945 would be in a completely different light.

Hans1906

* Of course the man was horrible, my annoying neighbor is also horrible, should I wish the man dead because of that, no.
He is just a pain in the ass, like me.
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

sekudlyda

Post by sekudlyda » 03 Apr 2021, 20:41

Hans1906, "quick revenge" to you is JUSTICE to nearly all people familiar with Nazi war criminals. As far as questioning criminals like Goering and Streicher goes, you'd have to interview them. Since most Nazi war criminals in allied custody proved themselves to be inveterate liars only interested in saving themselves from prison or the noose, anything they said would be highly suspect. auf Wiedersehen.

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 03 Apr 2021, 20:48

Hans1906 wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 13:12
Did such executions actually happen, or are they rumors from later years, that is my question ?
Present at these executions in Nürnberg was British journalist Dame Rebecca West, who wrote "A Train of Powder" (1955) - she writes: "The eleven men slowly choked to death. Ribbentrop struggled in the air for twenty minutes." (p. 77).

Some pretty hateful people in this thread, eh?

Best
Halfdan S.

sekudlyda

Post by sekudlyda » 03 Apr 2021, 21:06

Rebecca West covered the International Military Tribunal for The New Yorker in 1945-46 in Nuremberg. She was not present at the executions of the ten Nazis hanged on October 16, 1946, so I don't know how she would know that 11 men slowly choked to death. Maybe she thought some fiction would help sell her book?

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 03 Apr 2021, 21:11

Thanks Halfdan S.

People like to see other people suffering, this is probably due to our human habit of seeing a person suffer. I know all this from my time as a paramedic, people love to watch other people die, no one helps, everyone stares like in a movie theater.

Hans1906

l

sekudlyda

Post by sekudlyda » 03 Apr 2021, 21:25

I know something, too, Hans1906 and Halfdan S... people believe what they want to believe; the facts be damned. Rebecca West wasn't present at those executions and she got her numbers wrong, too. Doesn't matter. You two want to believe we tortured Nazi war criminals to death. May I assume you're both fans of Trump? He was the father of fake news on this side of the pond. Happy Easter.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 04 Apr 2021, 01:01

sekudlyda -- Please keep present-day politics out of AHF discussions.

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 04 Apr 2021, 10:26

Hans1906 wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 15:30
Still in death, the hanged were photographed, ultimate humiliation of the executed people.
These photos only confirm that the hangings were mishandled - I too have argued against photos of dead people, so I won't post them, but they are all over the Internet. Look for the photos of Frick and Keitel, or the bruised Jodl - none of them seem to a have died a swift death.

Regards
Halfdan S.

WAR LORD

Post by WAR LORD » 04 Apr 2021, 15:25

Clement Frued was present and declared that the hangings were "bungeled".. Pierpoint, the British "Hangman" also comented on the meyhod, and not a method he would have employed. Kitels death was of particular concern.

sekudlyda

Post by sekudlyda » 04 Apr 2021, 18:27

Since I appear to be in the minority in this discussion, here is my final post on the subject. I prefer to remember the millions of innocent victims of the Third Reich as opposed to the all-too-few hanged Nazi perpetrators who met their well-deserved end in Nuremberg. auf Wiedersehen and a peaceful Easter from 'Ol Virginnie.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 07 Apr 2021, 12:45

It was never my intention to minimize the many horrific murders committed by german perpetrators at the time, certainly not.

I visited the Plötzensee memorial several times and remembered those murdered there, that was very important to me personally.

Gedenkstätte Plötzensee https://www.gedenkstaette-ploetzensee.de/en/

I do not want to write more on this subject.

Hans1906

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 07 Apr 2021, 15:28

Since I appear to be in the minority in this discussion, here is my final post on the subject. I prefer to remember the millions of innocent victims of the Third Reich as opposed to the all-too-few hanged Nazi perpetrators who met their well-deserved end in Nuremberg. auf Wiedersehen and a peaceful Easter from 'Ol Virginnie.
If there really is a "minority", it is the ignorant people who do not know, or do not care about these issues, that is the course of history.
As long as we talk about all this here in the forum, uninvolved, involved, or even angry, as long as all this is an issue.

Krieg ist Scheisse!

Hans1906

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”