Poland and Ukraine resolve massacre row

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 02 Aug 2004 09:49

Topspeed -- You said:
David Thompson you links did not work.
That's because the posts are a year or more old, and some sites change their urls or disappear.

Landser

Post by Landser » 03 Aug 2004 17:11

Alexander wrote:Well, I see a polish citizen who tries to convince us that:
a) Evil ukrainians tried to kill all the poles in Western Ukraine because they were evil
b) poor poles never gave a reason for attacks
c) poles killed ukrainians only for revenge.

Well, look at the history of Poland and Ukraine and see who ALWAYS was the conquerer and always tried to grab neighbour's land and goodies.

It's funny similar expressions were made by Lithuanians recently on visits to that country.There is not much love lost between the two countries eather, as I found.

Seems ethnic cleansing was a very
common thing in slavic countries through out history.

Musashi
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, the UK [it's one big roundabout]

Post by Musashi » 03 Aug 2004 17:42

Landser wrote: Seems ethnic cleansing was a very
common thing in slavic countries through out history.
I will not comment your provocative posts on this forum not to offend German members, but somebody will comment it, be sure.

I quoted your message on this forum in the Lounge with 2 racists WWW sites, you provided and asked Moderators about that. HOWEVER I GOT NO ANSWER, BUT INSTEAD OF THAT WHOLE TOPIC WAS DELETED.

Maybe somebody protects you here. You must be a lucky guy :D

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 03 Aug 2004 18:18

For all readers -- I can only speak for the H&WC section of the forum, but no one is "protected" from obeying the rules here. If a reader thinks I missed a violation, send me a PM about it with a specific reference to the offending post. Do not initiate a series of escalating "tit for tat" general reprisals. Personal comments about other posters are not encouraged.

Now let's get back on topic.

Landser

Post by Landser » 03 Aug 2004 19:01

Mustash
It seems to me that Poles tend to be so obsessed at the wrongs done to their nation that they are unable to think rationally about the historical context in which those wrongs occurred. That unfortunately seems to be the case with some contributors to this forum.
Now this is what Mr.M Mills had so eloquently to say on another thread.
Lets stay on topic again.

Musashi

Post by Musashi » 03 Aug 2004 19:14

No David. It was not you, I'll send a PM to Marcus :)

Obserwator
Banned

Post by Obserwator » 03 Aug 2004 19:15

It seems to me that Poles tend to be so obsessed at the wrongs done to their nation that they are unable to think rationally about the historical context in which those wrongs occurred
Next time when I read about a pregnant women which was killed by a German I will try to remind myself of the "historical context"
Last edited by Obserwator on 03 Aug 2004 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 03 Aug 2004 19:53

Please stay on topic and avoid further bickering, or this thread has a padlock in its future.

szopen

Post by szopen » 04 Aug 2004 08:00

Landser wrote: Well, look at the history of Poland and Ukraine and see who ALWAYS was the conquerer and always tried to grab neighbour's land and goodies.

It's funny similar expressions were made by Lithuanians recently on visits to that country.There is not much love lost between the two countries eather, as I found.

Seems ethnic cleansing was a very
common thing in slavic countries through out history.[/quote]

It's called brainwashing. As you know, Ukraine was not conquered by Poles; it was in one part inherited (although not totally without some quarrels) and second part attached after UoL. It's not our fault that most of Ukrainian elite were attracted by Polish culture and polonised, since nobody forced them to do it.

It's ridiculous to show for example 1648 as uprising of Ukrainians against POles (Jeremi Wisniowiecki for example was ethnic Ukrainian - his grandfather was orthodox and leaders in some Cossack raids, IIRC).

Not to say that words like "always" should be at any cost avoided in history. If we would go back far enough, we would find enough examples for POland being invaded by eastern neighbours (ancestors of Ukrainians).

BU, nevertheless, it's IMHO total nonsense to bringing back ghosts of tragic past. Ukrainians and Poles should be friends - especially since there is so much in common about us (well, after UoL as you know population of some regions in Ukraine raised by 300% - documents from epoch show that whole villages from POland were escaping to "free" Ukraine. Polish peasants were ukrainaised as quickly as Ukrainian elite was polonised :) ).

Musashi

Post by Musashi » 04 Aug 2004 10:24

Szopen, the text you quoted was written by Alexander, not Landser.

Askold

Post by Askold » 04 Aug 2004 18:32

Good words Shopen, am glad to see such reasoning regarding relations between our countries.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”