Gend.Kdo.Rosenau

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Sabreshunter

Gend.Kdo.Rosenau

Post by Sabreshunter » 04 Jun 2023 20:34

Dear All,

I am interested in any and all information regarding Gendarmerie Kommando in Rosenau (Reichskomissariat Ostland). Now name of Rosenau is Zilupe, Latvia.

Many thanks for your help!

Sabreshunter

Re: Gend.Kdo.Rosenau

Post by Sabreshunter » 05 Jun 2023 13:19

A couple words about Rosenau. During the German occupation it was a very important center for railway traffic, transshipment base for Eastern Front and closest base for the troops which participated in the anti-guerrillas actions in Belorussia.
Upon arrival of the Nazi troops in Rosenau / Zilupe in July 1941 imposing restrictions upon Jews started – orders to do hard manual labour, wearing the yellow star, etc.
On 15 July 1941 the first campaign of shooting Jews was held in the forest near “Rakšini” village, but in August all Jews of Zilupe/Rosenau were convoyed to the forest in the vicinity of “Zabolocki” village in Briģi parish (approximately 1.5 km from Zilupe) and shot.
I have in my possession the original dog tag owned by a member of the Gendarmerie Kommando in Rosenau therefore I would like to know more about the actions of this unit and personnel. If somebody can help me I'd very appreciate it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”