Dresden Photos

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Beppo Schmidt

Post by Beppo Schmidt » 28 Jul 2003, 03:19

that would have us turn history to make Nazi Germany the victim, goddamn pathetic.
you can acknowledge that many Germans were victims without making Nazi Germany itself a victim, you know.

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 28 Jul 2003, 03:56

Leica wrote:
David Thompson wrote:If someone wants to prove that the bombing of Dresden was a war crime, they must start by showing which provision of international law was violated.
No, they must not. We are not talking about international law, but about innocent victims of an absolutely unnecessary action.
Then you are at the wrong forum, because people here for the most part are not concerned with your feelings, but facts.

Beppo Schmidt

Post by Beppo Schmidt » 28 Jul 2003, 03:59

I don't think anyone here would deny the firebombing of Dresden was a "bad thing", but I must say Caldric is right, we're debating whether or not it was technically a war crime.

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 28 Jul 2003, 04:02

Beppo Schmidt wrote:
that would have us turn history to make Nazi Germany the victim, goddamn pathetic.
you can acknowledge that many Germans were victims without making Nazi Germany itself a victim, you know.
I did, I always try to say "Nazi Germany", that is my way of separating modern Germans and apolitical Germans during the war from the rest.

Joao Alberto

Post by Joao Alberto » 28 Jul 2003, 05:05

David Thompson wrote:
If you think that Article 23 of the Annex to Hague IV made the bombing of Dresden a war crime, you need to show that the allies used "arms, projectiles, or material calculated to cause unnecessary suffering" (in other words, arms, projectiles or material that no one else was using because they caused unnecessary suffering), and that the bombing was not "imperatively demanded by the necessities of war," and in full awareness of those facts, made the decision to use the cruel and forbidden weapons to unnecessarily bomb the city anyway.
As far as i´m concerned the city of Dresden wasn´t a military target in any way and this is a well-know fact. As it is, a well-know fact, i don´t need to show, to prove that the bombing wasn´t "imperatively demanded by the necessities of war". If i´m saying that the United States of America is country i don´t need to prove that. Everybody knows. Everyone who want to see can understand that bombing Dresden wasn´t "imperatively demanded by the necessities of war".

Just my 2 cents.

Joao Alberto.

chalutzim

Post by chalutzim » 28 Jul 2003, 15:27

Scott Smith wrote:Without Revisionism we would still believe that the Germans started the First World War (...)
With or without "revisionism" we known that Germany and Austrian Empire started the First World War. So you don't have a point.
Scott Smith wrote:I've never said that David Irving is the last word on anything. But he is not quite the fraud-Meister that some would hope.
:)
Wishful thinking? :?

chalutzim

Post by chalutzim » 28 Jul 2003, 15:57

kelty90 wrote:I know that it is hard to believe, but in 1945, people in Britain and the USA believed that Germany had started the war. The German bombing of British cities and many other cities we all know to be entirely reasonable and justified, but at the time the ill-informed people in those countries were quite happy to bomb Germany in turn. (...)
:lol:
Scott Smith wrote:When will the British admit that they waged a holy war-of-terror on the German people hoping that they would have a "regime change"? Okay, many already do this thanks to curmudgeon David Irving. But Evil to fight Evil? Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
The British waged war against the criminal German state!

This is what I could call real S.P.A.M.:

Scott Posted Another Misinterpretation.

tonyh

Post by tonyh » 28 Jul 2003, 16:26

Is there any sources for the 40.000 dead in the Stalingrad bombing?

Tony

Germanica

Post by Germanica » 28 Jul 2003, 17:14

With or without "revisionism" we known that Germany and Austrian Empire started the First World War. So you don't have a point.
Germany and Austria-Hungary were not one, monlithic Empire. To say that the blame must lie squarly at Germany's feet is to repeat the same blather that was decided in the Versailles Palace.

Regards,
Germanica

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » 28 Jul 2003, 19:43

Beppo Schmidt wrote:
Caldric wrote:that would have us turn history to make Nazi Germany the victim, goddamn pathetic.
Actually, I don't think you can. For example, the WTC terror-attack was upon the United States Government and its Mid-East policies, but it was also an attack upon the American people.

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » 28 Jul 2003, 19:47

chalutzim wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:Without Revisionism we would still believe that the Germans started the First World War (...)
Thanks for revealing yourself as a flat-earther, Wintceas.

Only the late Fritz Fischer and a few Leftist German cranks still believe that crap.
chalutzim wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:I've never said that David Irving is the last word on anything. But he is not quite the fraud-Meister that some would hope.
Wishful thinking? :?
No, personal experience having read most of his books.

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » 28 Jul 2003, 19:51

chalutzim wrote:
kelty90 wrote:I know that it is hard to believe, but in 1945, people in Britain and the USA believed that Germany had started the war. The German bombing of British cities and many other cities we all know to be entirely reasonable and justified, but at the time the ill-informed people in those countries were quite happy to bomb Germany in turn. (...)
:lol:
Scott Smith wrote:When will the British admit that they waged a holy war-of-terror on the German people hoping that they would have a "regime change"? Okay, many already do this thanks to curmudgeon David Irving. But Evil to fight Evil? Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
The British waged war against the criminal German state!

This is what I could call real S.P.A.M.:

Scott Posted Another Misinterpretation.
Oh, I keep forgetting. British forces had a licence (sic) to kill but German forces did not. Nowadays it is the USA that has the international license to kill--and Mossad spooks of course.
:P
Last edited by Scott Smith on 28 Jul 2003, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

chalutzim

Post by chalutzim » 28 Jul 2003, 19:51

Germanica wrote:
Germany and Austria-Hungary were not one, monlithic Empire. To say that the blame must lie squarly at Germany's feet is to repeat the same blather that was decided in the Versailles Palace.

Regards,
Germanica
Germanica, soon we'll discover that Germany not even participated in First World War at all... :?

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » 28 Jul 2003, 19:55

chalutzim wrote:
Germanica wrote:

Regards,
Germanica
Germanica, soon we'll discover that Germany not even participated in First World War at all... :?
It would have been better if the USA had not participated--that's for sure.

chalutzim

Post by chalutzim » 28 Jul 2003, 19:58

Scott Smith wrote:Oh, I keep forgetting. British forces had a licence (sic) to kill but German forces did not. Nowadays it is the USA that has the international license to kill--and Mossad spooks of course.
:P
Why not add your Muslim chaps? :lol:

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”