Lampshades

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Roberto

Re: I believe both

Post by Roberto » 30 May 2002, 22:59

MadJim wrote:I believe thats the case in both situations. I have been shown photographs where bodies have been destroyed/disolved with acid - and the teeth were still there.

Jim
So probably were many of the bones. Ever seen bodies cremated or otherwise destroyed by fire?

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » 31 May 2002, 00:19

Roberto wrote:
MadJim wrote:I believe thats the case in both situations. I have been shown photographs where bodies have been destroyed/disolved with acid - and the teeth were still there.
So probably were many of the bones. Ever seen bodies cremated or otherwise destroyed by fire?
Yeah, at the funeral home after the cremation they have to pulverize the bones and teeth in a ball-mill before they are placed in the box or urn.
:wink:

MadJim

uh, what

Post by MadJim » 31 May 2002, 14:34

I have seen remains that were cremated - as Scott has said after the Funeral home has cleaned them up. I have also seen people that have been killed in fires or have had fires set to destroy the crime scene - but none of those bodies were subject to the intense heat of a crematory.

A recent study of the famous outlaw Jesse James was done in Missouri - most of the bones were gone but enough of the teeth remained to be used for DNA id.

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 31 May 2002, 18:51

Scott Smith wrote:
Roberto wrote:
Yeah, at the funeral home after the cremation they have to pulverize the bones and teeth in a ball-mill before they are placed in the box or urn.
:wink:
Interesting. At Treblinka and the other extermination camps they ground with plugs whatever was left over of the corpses after incineration.
Die Leichenverbrennungen erfolgten Tage und Nächte hindurch. Wenn das Feuer erlosch, blieben ganze Skelette oder vereinzelte Knochen auf dem Rost zurück. Darunter hatten sich Berge von Asche gesammelt. Ein anderes Häftlingskommando, “die Aschenkolonne”, mußte sie zusammenkehren und die Überreste der Knochen auf dünne Bleche legen. Mittels runder Holzpflöcke wurden die Knochen kleingestampft und danach durch ein engmaschiges Metallsieb geschüttelt; was darin hängenblieb, wurde noch einmal zerkleinert. Unverbrannte Knochen, die schwer zu zersplittern waren, wurden ein zweites Mal ins Feuer geworfen.
Kogon/Langbein/Rückerl, Nationalsozialistische Massentötungen durch Giftgas, pages 189/190

My translation:
The incineration of the corpses lasted through days and nights. When the fire went out, whole skeletons or individual bones were left on the grid. Mountains of ashes had formed underneath. Another inmate detachment, the “ashes column”, had to sweep them up and lay the rests of the bones onto thin plates. With round wooden plugs the bones were then ground and thereafter shaken through a tight-meshed metal sieve; what remained in there was ground once again. Unburned bones which were difficult to grind were thrown into the fire a second time.

Narrative

Post by Narrative » 30 Sep 2004, 16:31

Some interesting questions about perceptions arise out of this thread. The Nazi's maintained scrupulous records in respect of everything they did. The mere fact that every concentration camp inmate had a number tattooed onto their arm and that committees and sub-committees debated with minutes and documentation how and what were the best means of effective mas extermination is testimony to that.

Yet, very great and lengthy measures were taken to hide the concentration camps and dispose of the grisly evidence once they had lost their usefulness. Seems that they had a sort of national mission to mass exterminate at the start of the war but which kind of evaporated as the tide turned.

It may seem strange even peverse but I have some small understanding of the Nazi who maintained his anti-semitism until the very end. At least that showed some form of principle however foul and odious.

Narrative

paolosilv

Re: Lampshades

Post by paolosilv » 03 Jul 2009, 04:43

http://naziwarcrimes.wordpress.com/2008 ... omment-359

Film about Bergen -Belsen, extremely graphic, contains the mentioned skin or lampshades. Narrated by Alfred Hitchcock, it is
' must viewing.'

---------------------

It is interesting that 'deniers' and 'revisers' and other liars don't want to explain why the Nazis took all these bodies and dug them up after they were buried and had them ground into ashes. You'd think burying people would suffice, even if they only had 'typhus', as some did.

No, it is clear that a process of mass murder took place.

blackminorcapullets

Post by blackminorcapullets » 07 Jul 2009, 23:31

Where are these lampshades now? Were they purchased after being offered as evidence at Nuremburg?

paolosilv

Post by paolosilv » 08 Jul 2009, 11:46

I didn't say I believed that the lampshades were made of human skin, only stated the fact that the film includes footage of the 'lampshades', since that is the subject of the thread.

blackminorcapullets

Post by blackminorcapullets » 20 Jul 2009, 17:05

Well the issue still remains - Where is this state evidence and how could it have been sold as rumored to private interests?

paolosilv

Post by paolosilv » 20 Jul 2009, 17:35

In the vast scheme of things, it's probably a rather minor prank played on the Nazis by British Intelligence. All they had to do was place an ordinary lamp beside the samples of tattooed skin to suggest the idea that it too was part of the grisly exhibition.

Dr Morgen later testified at the Nuremberg trials where he claimed the stories of Koch's fetish with lampshades made of human skin was merely a legend. Indeed, he kept denouncing this while being threatened with beatings and while actually being beaten twice by his Allied investigators after the war.[1] [Morgen, Georg Konrad: wiki]

Dr. Hans Eisele, it is possible, may have been a party to artistic endeavors with human flesh. He was known to have been an artist as well as medical doctor. He disappeared after the war, tipped off that he was to be arrested, and was known to live across the road from a synagogue in Maadi, a suburb of Cairo.
http://www.egy.com/maadi/95-01-28.shtml
Last edited by paolosilv on 21 Jul 2009, 19:45, edited 8 times in total.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 20 Jul 2009, 20:17

Where is this state evidence and how could it have been sold as rumored to private interests?
The easiest way to answer this question is to ask the German court archives and the US National Archives.

For interested readers -- for more on this subject, see the discussions at:

Making lamps out of jewis skin
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=43277
Human Lampshades?
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=5990
Ilse Koch & her human skin lampshades
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=1188

bf109 emil

Post by bf109 emil » 21 Jul 2009, 13:09

for what it's worth while reading what and where the Children of Former Nazi leaders are and doing i came across this
Martin Bormann Jr: Bormann's son was an ardent Nazi as a child, but gradually came face to face with Nazi crimes, recording with horror an incident in which Himmler's family showed him a lightshade made of human skin.
http://timesonline.typepad.com/comment/ ... ndant.html

Karl

Post by Karl » 22 Jul 2009, 06:43

surprising this has come again. is this routine then - never ending cycles of discovery and re-discovery by an ever marching marching band of people, agendas, beliefs and seekers. sorry daivid, I will stop off-hand comments now :)

paolosilv

Post by paolosilv » 22 Jul 2009, 20:33

What's wrong with trying to get at the truth of the matter? The marching band imagery is rather ludicrous. The Nuremburg Trials and books written on the subject are of infinite inherent interest.

bf109 emil

Post by bf109 emil » 22 Jul 2009, 22:44

Karl wrote:surprising this has come again. is this routine then - never ending cycles of discovery and re-discovery by an ever marching marching band of people, agendas, beliefs and seekers. sorry daivid, I will stop off-hand comments now :)
why be sorry as it was your intention to start off hand comments :wink:
and why the surprise? :idea: what a boring forum this would be if in your words "never ending cycles of discovery and re-discovery by an ever marching marching band of people, agendas, beliefs and seekers" where to suddenly put there heads in the sand and seize their attempt or post new information pertaining to a topic, be it something you believe in your mind a closed matter and thus boost your feelings and quickly add, as i will also...sorry David, I will stop off-hand comments now :)

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”