An Odd Statement by Rudolph Hoss, Commandant of Auschwitz

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Birgitte Heuschkel

Israeli or Jew

Post by Birgitte Heuschkel » 22 Mar 2002, 05:16

Hrm, okay, I stand corrected as to my use of the term Israeli vs. Jew. However, my point still stands, I know scores of people who have the right to call themselves Israeli or Jewish technically but who recognize no such relationship, considering themselves to be Danes, Americans, etc. of Jewish origins. All I meant to say was, you don't necessarily support the Israeli government because you happen to be of Jewish origin, no more than I run around swinging swords and raping innocent English peasant girls because I happen to be of Viking heritage.

Dan

Post by Dan » 22 Mar 2002, 05:26

The Vikings in England TOTALLY assimilated, and there is the difference. I don't mean this as an insult, but simply as a fact. If you know someone as a Jew, they aren't Danish because they didn't want to be. If their ancestors wanted to become Danes, you wouldn't even know they had Jewish ancestry.

Dan

Birgitte Heuschkel

Post by Birgitte Heuschkel » 22 Mar 2002, 05:40

Dan wrote:The Vikings in England TOTALLY assimilated, and there is the difference. I don't mean this as an insult, but simply as a fact. If you know someone as a Jew, they aren't Danish because they didn't want to be. If their ancestors wanted to become Danes, you wouldn't even know they had Jewish ancestry.
Well, there are those. There are also those who feel that they are Danish, but watch Neo-Nazis cautiously because they know that the latter would certainly not agree. Those are the ones I'm trying to make a little stand for. Just like one of my buddies up the street who's as Danish as the next guy except his background is Turkish and certain political forces would call him a "2nd generation immigrant" no matter how much he was born in town.

Dan

Post by Dan » 22 Mar 2002, 05:48

Well, I don't think he's in any danger of being treated the way you guys treated Bothwell. Mary Queen of Scott sugar daddy was hitched to a millstone and tortured to death. :? But that was long ago, and now you are a member of a brave and independent race :D :D When I was just a youngster in the early seventies I remember how the new media kept saying that American and Denmark were the only nations to not cave in to the Arab oil boycott. And just a few months ago, I found out that you have free speach :!: :!:

Certainly a happy land, and one I'd like to visit.

Very best
Dan

Tchort

Post by Tchort » 22 Mar 2002, 21:59

yeah,better watch us 'neo-Nazis'. A jew is not a Dane, just like an Ethiopian isn't a German and an Arab isn't a jap. jews are a semitic people, as are arabs-sort of like Norwegians being Teutons and the ebnglish being Celts-they are a distinct ethnic group. They may live in the boundries of an ethno-based nation, but that doesnt,by any means, make them one of their countrymen.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”