Rapes by other Allied forces in Europe during WW2?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Panzermahn

Rapes by other Allied forces in Europe during WW2?

Post by Panzermahn » 14 Oct 2003, 06:22

As we all know, the Allies (Russians and western allies) had committed many rapes during their so called liberation of europe from the horrors of Nazism. The Russians were of course, the most infamous for their rape crimes in Europe and were followed by the Americans..

But i would like to know whether is there any rape crimes committed by other Allied force such as the Brits, Canadians, Dutch, Poles etc furing the liberation of europe?

Do anyone has any more information?

I remember i did saw a movie (a late night one) telling a story of an english tommy who force a french girl to have sex (metaphorically raped) with him in order to get herself some protection from the French Maquis...And when the british soldier had to leave with his unit, he killed the girl...Can anyone inform me the title of this movie..i had forgotten the title as it was 12 years ago..

Ostuf Charlemagne

Post by Ostuf Charlemagne » 14 Oct 2003, 06:45

Panzermahn,did you go to my topic ''allied rapists'' in this same section,(now maybe on page 2 or 3...) ??? There is even pictures.

Luca

Post by Luca » 14 Oct 2003, 11:05

Kiesel

Post by Kiesel » 14 Oct 2003, 16:03

about the movie, maybe "A soldier's tale"(1988, Larry Parr) with Gabriel Byrne, Marianne Bassler and Judge Reinhold.

us.imdb.com/title/tt0096131/

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 16 Oct 2003, 06:10

Yes!!! Thanks Kiesel.....that is it!!!! that is it!!! I remember a scene which our TV censors had forgotten to censor it maybe because it was shown late night, hahaha!!!

that gal was kinda pretty you know...i was only 11 years old at that time...hahahahahaha!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Panzermahn on 16 Oct 2003, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 16 Oct 2003, 06:33

panzermahn -- Your post is not exactly the sort of thing the forum is interesting in having in its research sections. Get serious or get lost.

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 16 Oct 2003, 06:44

Oops, sorry David....youthful enthusiasm i gues...i'll edit it back again

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 16 Oct 2003, 06:48

Okay back to serious stuffs..

Does anyone knew any allegations of British, Canadians, Poles, Dutch or other Allied forces concerning rapes of women?

Among the western allies, the most famous for rapes are the Americans and the French colonial forces like what Luca and Ostuf Charlemagne had posted...

I had found an individual allegation against a British soldier in Wismar, Hamburg concerning rapes but nothing was mentioned due to the lack of proof..I try to get you the website coz i lost it again

jesk
Banned

Re: Rapes by other Allied forces in Europe during WW2?

Post by jesk » 14 Sep 2019, 10:38

Looking through the article, came across evidence of the crimes of British troops.

https://www.jesteburg.de/medien/dokumen ... gsende.pdf

p.81

That a human life at that time was not worth much, shows the following event: Where today the
Reindorf-Itzenbüttel cemetery is located opposite our house, stood at the end of the war one
Fir plantation. When the British marched in on April 19, a young man hid there
German soldier, perhaps a very young SS man who had just been drafted. He
was shot.
My father and the head of the secondary school in Buchholz, Schmidt, were the first two men
which were arrested by the English by denunciation of a teacher in Buchholz. After
Occupation by the English there were rumors of shot local farmers and
Ortsgruppenleiter, where you would have found weapons. The arrested Kreisleiter Rieke gave the
Englishmen reveal the hiding place of his box. The English came and dug them out. We had
great fear, because they stood "on" our weapons box, which we buried right next to it
had. The soldiers wanted to come back and look for more things. That's why our box had to
necessarily disappear. My uncle Hans Beck-Hellmann was on the battleship Admiral Scheer
sailed to sea and been released. He stayed with us in the house. At 2 o'clock at night
we got up, Uncle Hans, Mum and me. We wanted to dig up the weapons. It was a clear one
Night, and you would have heard every noise until Buchholz. That's why we took one at 5 o'clock
second try. Uncle Hans dug up the box. I always took a rifle and put it in my pocket
Leg. With a stiff leg I limped around the pond and have the weapons under the roots
a tree pushed. There they are still completely overgrown.
Several times a day there were house searches. Several women were raped. The English
used a trick. They came into the house and found no at the first search
Weapons, when a woman was in the house, distracted the woman and hid weapons or forbidden
Material, eg. B. in the stroller. After a short while they returned. And if she then the weapon
they raped the woman. That's why we were hell-bent and were looking for
when the English were there for the first time, where they might have hidden something. A grandma
went to the village and complained to the officers. "That would be the martial law" has
you told her. In another case, the English first shot into the wall of a room, in
a woman and her child were, and then raped the distraught woman in the face her child.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”