Oradour

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
TH Albright

Oradour

Post by TH Albright » 12 Nov 2003, 22:20

Interesting news from Michael William's excellent Oradour-sur-Glane site:

Direct quotes from Mr. William's "Latest News".... "

1) I have just returned from a trip to France which included a visit to Oradour where I had a face-to-face meeting with one of the staff there. She told me that documents have been found in Germany from the Das Reich archives that show a clear and unambiguous order to destroy Oradour. The unknown factor still remaining being why Oradour was singled out for destruction. This new data is to be incorporated into a documentary being produced in France, timed for release to coincide with the 60th anniversary of the massacre on 10th June 2004. My informant told me that she has not personally seen these papers, but she has been informed of their content.

One effect of this revelation would be of course to prove Otto Weidinger to be a bare faced liar, as he has repeatedly denied in his various books that any such order was ever given. It will also destroy the reputation of Sylvester Stadler and Heinz Lammerding, both of whom have denied throughout their lives that any such order was given. Stadler in particular has enjoyed something of a 'good guy' image, post war and his reputation will be particularly tarnished by these revelations if shown to be true.

Note: I have not seen these documents, I am just repeating what I have been told in good faith, time and the release of the documentary will settle the matter. ...."

P.S Rob..I know you will be interested in this

Max

Post by Max » 17 Nov 2003, 12:29

Interesting news from Michael William's excellent Oradour-sur-Glane site:
http://www.oradour.info/

Great site .
I visited Oradour-sur-Glane myself in Nov 2000.

Max

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”