Did the Russians raped German POWs?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Panzermahn

Did the Russians raped German POWs?

Post by Panzermahn » 17 Jan 2004, 07:48

I came across this quote

They had fought some fierce battles on the Eastern front and seen unbelievable atrocities committed by our Russian allies, including mutilated bodies on the battlefield, sodomy on German POWs and cannibalism in which parts of the bodies of German POWs had been sliced off and eaten

source:

http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScr ... cre02.html

and i never heard anything like this before...not even from Antony Beevor....does anyone knew whether this is true or not? It would be interesting information to research if this is found to be true

The only thing i knew about this is French Negro troops raping German POWs (youngs ones below 20 years old) as well as some italian civillians (i forgot which post but it is somewhere inside thsi forum)

Another thing i knew is, Japanese troops during the rape of Nanking 1937, also raped boys if there is no girls...

Gwynn Compton

Post by Gwynn Compton » 17 Jan 2004, 14:48

The Romans also made a habit of doing this. Once in a city, aside from the usual butchering of the locals, raping men, woman, boys, girls, and animals were common place occurances. It was one "way" of the Legion ensuring that a people felt beaten.

It would not suprise me if it happened throughtout the history of warfare, even into the modern era.

Gwynn

Penn44
Banned

Re: Did the Russians raped German POWs?

Post by Penn44 » 17 Jan 2004, 16:22

panzermahn wrote:I came across this quote

They had fought some fierce battles on the Eastern front and seen unbelievable atrocities committed by our Russian allies, including mutilated bodies on the battlefield, sodomy on German POWs and cannibalism in which parts of the bodies of German POWs had been sliced off and eaten

and i never heard anything like this before...not even from Antony Beevor....does anyone knew whether this is true or not? It would be interesting information to research if this is found to be true

The only thing i knew about this is French Negro troops raping German POWs (youngs ones below 20 years old) as well as some italian civillians (i forgot which post but it is somewhere inside thsi forum)

Another thing i knew is, Japanese troops during the rape of Nanking 1937, also raped boys if there is no girls...
Dear Panzerhahn:

You've brought up the subject of rape and cannibalism before.

Given the diversity and prevalence of human perversity cross-culturally and trans-historically, it is statistically likely that a few Soviet soldiers sexually assaulted male German soldiers. I am also sure that a few German solders sexually assaulted male Soviet POWs. Whether the frequency of these occurrences was sufficiently common enough to warrant historical investigation is another question.

Given the frequency that you bring up bizarre, perverse subjects, I have to ask you, from a historiographical perspective, whether your use of the word, "research" is simply a euphemism for your attempts at the gratuitous satisfaction of your evident sexual fixation on these subjects? You're the Jerry Springer of historical research.

I wonder at what subject that you'll bring up next time. Perhaps, "Cross-Dressing Russian Soldiers Who Rape, Sodomize, and then Cannibalize German POWs." I am sure that a few Soviet soldiers also sodomized German Army horses, and when they entered the Reich, a few also sodomized German farm animals. When do you report on this?

Penn44

Kiesel

Post by Kiesel » 17 Jan 2004, 18:35

Gwynn Compton wrote:The Romans also made a habit of doing this.
Can you explain the source, please? Perhaps a Roman historian?

Best regards,

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 17 Jan 2004, 20:06

Panzermahn -- Do you have any evidence that these acts were the result of some national or unit policy? If not, why bring it up?

xcalibur

Post by xcalibur » 17 Jan 2004, 22:28

Panzermahn: I looked at that website you posted. There are two photos of corpses, the first showing 2 naked corpses, and the second showing a naked, disemboweled corpse. There isn't anything to indicate that either are German, or for that matter, any other nationality.

The only reference I've ever come across to cannabalism on the Eastern front was that done by Soviet POWs who had been starved during the winter of 1941-42. Here's a quote from Goring on the subject:

"In the camp for Russian POWs, after having eaten everything possible, including the soles of their boots, they have begun to eat each other, and, what is worse, they have eaten a German sentry.". (Dallin, German Rule in Russia). I believe this or something similar is also attributed to Goring by Irving in his recent biography of the Reich Marshal.

As for sodomy, your post is the first I've ever read of it. The way they make it sound on the website the Red Army would have been more aptly named the Pink Army.
[/i]

robert knott

Post by robert knott » 18 Jan 2004, 00:20

As far as the disemboweled corpse is concerned, was the damage to his body the result of cannabilism or merely overenthusiastic Bolshevik Coagitation... i.e. sodomy? Those Russkis (untermenschen that they are) apparently can be some real Party Animals! :P

Oleg Grigoryev

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 18 Jan 2004, 00:34

Russian POW Camp 2, Stalag 305, 1941
????????????????????? am I the only one who has trouble understanding the signatrue under the picture?

xcalibur

Post by xcalibur » 18 Jan 2004, 00:44

oleg wrote:
????????????????????? am I the only one who has trouble understanding the signatrue under the picture?
There was a Stalag 305 near Kirovograd....

Oleg Grigoryev

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 18 Jan 2004, 00:54

xcalibur wrote:
oleg wrote:
so is it German camp for Russian POWs? Becouse Sovit camps were not called "Stalag".

xcalibur

Post by xcalibur » 18 Jan 2004, 00:57

oleg wrote:
xcalibur wrote:
oleg wrote:
so is it German camp for Russian POWs? Becouse Sovit camps were not called "Stalag".
Yes. I think the confusion is that the text and the picture captions don't match. The text implies that the Soviet troops cannibalised German POWs, but the picture caption identifies the camp as a German one for Soviet POWs... I think :?

alf

Post by alf » 18 Jan 2004, 02:26

Looking at the orginal post. fighting with your backs to the wall takes on a whole new connation.

I am amazed the Russians had the strength to actually ever fight.

As for the link provided, it is farcical, a simple example near the top on Malamby.
The photograph above shows some of the 72 bodies which were recovered after they were left lying in the snow until January 13, 1945, four weeks after they were killed. The reason given by the US Army QM unit which eventually retrieved the bodies was that there was still heavy fighting in the area, which was not true, according to American soldiers who participated in the fighting in the vicinity of the Massacre.
According to one veteran of the battle, an American Infantry Captain who is now deceased,
the alleged massacre was a cover-up to explain why the US Army waited four weeks to collect combat fatalities after they had been notified about the bodies by local Belgian citizens. Another 12 bodies were recovered four months later after all the snow had melted, making a total of 84 victims.
Note always unnamed sources, deceased witnesses, garbage passed off as scholarship. A wank fest for the gullible that has an obvious political agenda - denalism.

A for the corpse claimed to be German, it is itself grossly malnourished, so the Russian picked the German soldier that was the most startved to eat? Yeah right. The corpse's upper torso is in the same proportion to the Russian corpses around him.

Again the most probably explanation it is a photo of a Russian corpse with has been retitled/renamed to lure in the unwary and the guillble.

More scholarly efforts from the unbiased authors.
Because the Soviet Union had not signed the Geneva Convention of 1929, the Germans were not required to observe the international rules of warfare with regard to our Russian allies who were committing the most sickening atrocities on the battlefield with no regard for the unwritten rules of civilized warfare.
No mention off the 3 million Russian POWs killed by the Nazis and so carefully tallied by themselves in obvious pride?

A true site for the geniune researcher who wishes to become a revisonist/denier.

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 22 Jan 2004, 05:49

Hi Thompson,
Panzermahn -- Do you have any evidence that these acts were the result of some national or unit policy? If not, why bring it up?
That's why i said
Because i notice this kind of things for the first time so i post this up to see whether any members of this forum knew such things like this happen before or not...

I'm also asking whether this statement is true or not...coz this is the first time i heared such things like Russians raped German POWs?

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 22 Jan 2004, 05:55

Given the diversity and prevalence of human perversity cross-culturally and trans-historically, it is statistically likely that a few Soviet soldiers sexually assaulted male German soldiers. I am also sure that a few German solders sexually assaulted male Soviet POWs
Penn44,

What you mentioned here is possible but most unlikely to happen..Why? Because the German soldiers are bound by the Nuremberg Race Laws of 1938..so any attempt by any German soldiers to raped Russian POWs will be considered as signs of homosexuality and will be punished by sterilisation...

Don't forget that even Himmler signs the execution orders for one of his nephews in the SS who was convicted of homosexual offences...Only Hitler himself repudiate this sentence

(John Toland, Hitler)

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 22 Jan 2004, 08:06

panzermahn wrote:
Given the diversity and prevalence of human perversity cross-culturally and trans-historically, it is statistically likely that a few Soviet soldiers sexually assaulted male German soldiers. I am also sure that a few German solders sexually assaulted male Soviet POWs
Penn44,

What you mentioned here is possible but most unlikely to happen..Why? Because the German soldiers are bound by the Nuremberg Race Laws of 1938..so any attempt by any German soldiers to raped Russian POWs will be considered as signs of homosexuality and will be punished by sterilisation...
German soldiers were also bound by German military laws and the Geneva Convention (recognized by German military law) long before they were bound by any Nuremberg Laws (of which sodomy and homosexuality laws predated as well). German military law also outlawed the male rape of females, but the male rape of females continued despite all these laws. Some people will rape no matter how many laws are on the books and no matter the severity of the laws.

The moderator asked you to show a Russian policy for these alleged Russian male-on-male rape of German POWs. Do you have any evidence?

Do you have any evidence of any pattern (operative word) of unofficial rape behavior?

Penn44

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”