Massacre of SS guards at Dachau

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
sekudlyda

Re: Massacre of SS guards at Dachau

Post by sekudlyda » 28 May 2022, 15:53

Thanks for your comment, Sid. I was wondering the same thing.

Totenkomf

Post by Totenkomf » 28 May 2022, 16:05

Sid Guttridge wrote:
28 May 2022, 06:41
Hi Guys,

What is the significance of this incident, that it merits this much detailed attention?

Cheers,

Sid.
Hi Sid.

Hmm.. Maybe because it is a case of the Good Guys (American soldiers) killing SS Soldiers who has surrendered. But I think most guys will say that they deserved to be shot by the G.I's or being beaten to death by liberated KZ inmates.
"Befehl ist Befehl"

sekudlyda

Post by sekudlyda » 28 May 2022, 20:34

You're right, Death's Head. I'm one of those guys who think the SS at Dachau got what they deserved, whether they were shot by our GIs or beaten to death by newly liberated KZ inmates. I'm just sorry more weren't killed on the spot. At least you referred to American soldiers as "the good guys." On that, we both agree.

Totenkomf

Post by Totenkomf » 28 May 2022, 20:42

sekudlyda wrote:
28 May 2022, 20:34
You're right, Death's Head. I'm one of those guys who think the SS at Dachau got what they deserved, whether they were shot by our GIs or beaten to death by newly liberated KZ inmates. I'm just sorry more weren't killed on the spot. At least you referred to American soldiers as "the good guys." On that, we both agree.
I am not too sure about all that. But yeah I think most of us have learned that the Allies were the Good Guys at our first History Lesson regarding the WW2.

But what about the POW Status, without stating that these men were SS or Members of the SS-Totenkopfverbände. And besides can you say that someone deserves to be killed only because he is at a wrong place at the wrong time of an SS 'Trooper'.

Weren't these guys most likely the 'less guilty men' as they stayed behind as other SS fled?

And was the SS Men guarding KZ Dachau on April 29th, 1945 truly the permanent Dachau KZ Wachtbänn/ Administrative; or other SS Replacements?...
"Befehl ist Befehl"

Puck

Post by Puck » 29 May 2022, 01:34

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 29 May 2022, 13:59

Hi Totenkomf,

So the significance is that this was very much an exception when compared with the Nazis? Its very unusualness serves to highlight just how awful the Germans were by comparison?

Cheers,

Sid.

Totenkomf

Post by Totenkomf » 29 May 2022, 14:26

Sid Guttridge wrote:
29 May 2022, 13:59

So the significance is that this was very much an exception when compared with the Nazis? Its very unusualness serves to highlight just how awful the Germans were by comparison?
Yes it was an Exeption, as the Allies mostly didn't commit war crimes in comparison to the Germans. And the shooting of few SS Men was not a greater crime then Dachau itself.
"Befehl ist Befehl"

sekudlyda

Post by sekudlyda » 29 May 2022, 15:59

I get your point, Death's Head. I just get tired of some posters focusing on alleged crimes committed by the Allies when the overwhelming majority of war crimes committed throughout the German Reich and its occupied territories were committed by the SS, SD, and Gestapo. I've also noticed a lot of talk lately about David Irving and his historical revisionism. Regardless of what a few posters believe, Irving is the epitome of Holocaust denier and Hitler apologist. Harping on Dresden and the liberation of Dachau by U.S. troops in no way changes the truth: Nazi Germany/Austria was responsible for starting the Second World War in Europe and embarking on the Final Solution and the reign of terror that swept the continent from 1939-1945. Any excesses on the part of the Allies against the Reich would never have happened had Hitler not started the war. As far as any SS killed during the liberation of Dachau, I prefer to spend this Memorial Day Weekend here in America remembering the GI POWs murdered in cold blood at Malmedy, Belgium and elsewhere as well as all the Allied airmen taken prisoner and murdered by Nazi authorities following their capture.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 31 May 2022, 13:24

Comparing war crimes that happened back then is completely pointless.
Not all German soldiers were "Nazi Beasts", nor were all American soldiers "Good Boys".
Everyone involved went through hell and back.
And everyone involved was our fathers, grandfathers or even great-grandfathers, which we post-war generations should never forget.

Every victim, whether guilty or innocent, was a victim too many.

Never again war!

Hans

P.S. Thanks to Puck for the link to the PDF file, this was new to me...
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”