Auschwitz in pictures

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Hans

Post by Hans » 22 Mar 2002, 22:04

Mito wrote::?: Isn't Zyklon-B toxic and inflammable?
The picture showing the sonderkommandos walking over the dead bodies and near the crematorium... Isn't that dangerous?
Mito, the work of the Sonderkommando was definitely dangerous, but there is not one kown case where one was killed by outgassing corpses. This outgassing was too slow and the Hydrogen Cyanide mixed too fast with the air to reach the nessecary concentrations in order to kill the Sonderkommando.

Christo

Post by Christo » 22 Mar 2002, 22:31

Your observation that the people most likely suffered from starvation and deseases is perfectly in correspondence with the fact that the pictures do show mass murder in Auschwitz-Birkenau.

No it is not. The most of Auschwitz victims were people who have been gassed only a short time after their arrival (s.o.). Without any doubt it is possible, that the shown victims have stayed longer, but it is less likely then the other possibiltiy. Therefore this picture is not a really optimal material.

Hans

Post by Hans » 22 Mar 2002, 22:55

Christo wrote:
Your observation that the people most likely suffered from starvation and deseases is perfectly in correspondence with the fact that the pictures do show mass murder in Auschwitz-Birkenau.
No it is not.
Why not, Christo?
The people, who were most likely killed on this occasion, suffered most likely from starvation and/or deseases, so your observation that the people suffered from starvation and deseases is perfectly corresponding with that. Where is the contradiction you see? What makes you believe that the people DIED of starvation and deseases, when we only observe (?) that they SUFFERED from starvation and deseases? It is well known that the Jews in polish ghettos and in the Birkenau Krankenbau were SUFFERING from starvation and deseases, and when killed, their corpses would look like the one on the pictures.

Christo

Post by Christo » 22 Mar 2002, 23:39

Hans wrote:
Christo wrote:
No it is not.
Why not, Christo?
The people, who were most likely killed on this occasion, suffered most likely from starvation and/or deseases, so your observation that the people suffered from starvation and deseases is perfectly corresponding with that. Where is the contradiction you see? What makes you believe that the people DIED of starvation and deseases, when we only observe (?) that they SUFFERED from starvation and deseases? It is well known that the Jews in polish ghettos and in the Birkenau Krankenbau were SUFFERING from starvation and deseases, and when killed, their corpses would look like the one on the pictures.

Hans, i do not deny that these unlucky people perhaps have stayed longer at AB before their death, but this photo is not a good one to demonstrate "typical" victims of AB. The most of them had a normal weight and did not suffer by infections (-> killed after arrival)

Mr Truth

Post by Mr Truth » 29 Mar 2002, 05:09

My my !! These jewesses look awfully well fed.

Mr Truth

Post by Mr Truth » 29 Mar 2002, 05:13

Look awfully healthy to me ?

Davey Boy

Post by Davey Boy » 29 Mar 2002, 12:39

Where and when was that picture taken? I assume it was after liberation. And no, you can't possibly tell whether they're well fed or not. In fact, some of them look pretty bony to me.

Davey Boy

Post by Davey Boy » 29 Mar 2002, 12:41

P.S.

Mr Bullshit, more like it.

Benoit Douville

Post by Benoit Douville » 29 Mar 2002, 21:50

Yep, those pictures are probably after the liberation and that's why they look happy.

Mr Truth

Post by Mr Truth » 05 Apr 2002, 02:41

You explain dead bodies to disease or starvation. But 1000's of inmates in good health ? Go read about Fred Luecher.

Sharpe

Oh please....

Post by Sharpe » 05 Apr 2002, 03:03

Fred Leuchter, the fake engineer? LOL

If you read his credibility, you will think otherwise.

Dan

Post by Dan » 05 Apr 2002, 06:23

No one familiar with the situation doubts that he was a very skilled engineer. The State of Tennissee bought it's electric chair from him. He was an expert in his field, and made some mistakes when dealing with things he knew nothing about, i.e. entymology.

Hans

Post by Hans » 05 Apr 2002, 09:34

Dan wrote:No one familiar with the situation doubts that he was a very skilled engineer. The State of Tennissee bought it's electric chair from him. He was an expert in his field, and made some mistakes when dealing with things he knew nothing about, i.e. entymology.
Dan,

I don't mind if Leuchter is very skilled or not. Fact is that he wrote a lot of nonsense in his first Leuchter report (the one about Auschwitz and Majdanek).

His mistakes are very well documentated at nizkor.org as you know. He made a number of very, very stupid claims such as "the doors all open inward, a situation which would inhibit removal of the bodies". He don't say where he got this piece of "information", perhaps from Bauleitung drawing 932. If so (and if not he has pulled it out of his mind), then, as a good and very skilled engineer, he should have taken a look on the final blueprint and on the blueprints where the modifications for the final one were made, namely drawing 2003. In this drawing the doors of the gas chamber open OUTWARDS. Leuchter was so kind to give us the reason for this modification: removal of the bodies.

A very skilled AND honest engineer has to look on the final blueprint, not on the one that fits into the view of the editor of his report, hasn't he?
Was Leuchter not skilled or not honest?
What do you think, dan?

Roberto

Post by Roberto » 05 Apr 2002, 12:50

Mr Truth wrote:You explain dead bodies to disease or starvation. But 1000's of inmates in good health ?

I doubt anyone shown on the picture is in "good health", even though they are not living skeletons like many of their fellow inmates. If the truth-seeker had done some serious reading on the subject, he would know that there were various types of camps with various degrees of harshness, and that Dachau was one of the "softer" ones, originally built for comparatively privileged German political prisoners who made up a large part of the inmates even at the end of the war. He would also know about the hierarchy of the concentration camps, which was the following:
The "Upper Class", called "Lagerprominenz" (camp prominents), about 1-2% of the inmates (camp senior, block senior, prisoner's doctors etc...) were almost only German prisoners who nearly possessed unlimited power against the subordinated inmates.

The "Middle Class", or German "Mittelstand" (people who had functions, such as "Stubenälteste" - room seniors, nurses etc...), about 8-9% of the inmates, lived under much better conditions than the mass of prisoners.

Normal prisoners and "Muselmänner" were the mass who lived under horrible life conditions. In consequence of hard work, insufficient food and a hard camp situation, a quick rise into the midle class or even the prominent personage was absolutely necessary for a survival.
Source of quote:

http://www.wsg-hist.uni-linz.ac.at/ausc ... Opfer.html
Go read about Fred Luecher.
A bible for the True Believers, a compendium of hilarious nonsense for everyone who can think and see. The name is "Leuchter", by the way. The truth-seeker seems to be too dumb to even spell the name of his guru correctly.

Luke22

Re: Auschwitz in pictures

Post by Luke22 » 06 Oct 2019, 15:32

Interesting discussion here, well, personally I don't want to argue with anyone... I just want to share some pictures showing how the place looks like now and I believe they show how badly treated the prisoners of Auschwitz were. Like Zyklon B containers, stolen suitcases, even glasses and the barracks the prisoners were sleeping in. If some say the prisoners were treated nicely, well... I guess it's good to ask yourself, "so would you like to be there as a prisoner, for a nice treatment?" http://www.sprayedout.com/pictures-from ... tion-camp/

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”