Axis nations reluctance to participate in the holocaust ?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
User avatar
Penn44
Banned
Posts: 4214
Joined: 26 Jun 2003 06:25
Location: US

Post by Penn44 » 31 Mar 2004 04:34

WalterS wrote: The salient question to Dan is this : Do you believe that the German Government under Hitler intended to annihilate the Jewish population of Europe? If you do, then the numbers don't matter. And if you don't, the numbers really don't matter, either. Do they?
Good luck in getting an answer to your salient question from Dan. When it comes to Holocaust issues, he's a drive-by shooter. When you try to pin him down on his position on the central questions regarding the Holocaust, he promptly flees (i.e., avoids the question). This is perhaps a wise move on his part, otherwise, we would be able to identify the leopard by his spots.

I would like to encourage him to answer as many of us no doubt would love to benefit from his erudition.

Penn44


.

Apocalypse_Now
Banned
Posts: 603
Joined: 27 Feb 2004 20:17
Location: Canada/Former Berliner

Post by Apocalypse_Now » 31 Mar 2004 04:36

The numbers matter for several reasons, despite your childish rhetoric. They matter for the historical record. They matter also if the allegation is made that the killing was unique in history.
It does not matter if it was 1 or 6,000,000 who were murdered, the fact that is was state sanctioned genocide, given all bureaucratic means on such a large scale, makes it unique in history.

Apocalypse_Now
Banned
Posts: 603
Joined: 27 Feb 2004 20:17
Location: Canada/Former Berliner

Post by Apocalypse_Now » 31 Mar 2004 04:37

Good luck in getting an answer to your salient question from Dan. When it comes to Holocaust issues, he's a drive-by shooter. When you try to pin him down on his position on the central questions regarding the Holocaust, he promptly flees (i.e., avoids the question). This is perhaps a wise move on his part, otherwise, we would be able to identify the leopard by his spots.

I would like to encourage him to answer as many of us no doubt would love to benefit from his erudition.

Penn44
Exactly my thoughts!

Dan
Member
Posts: 8429
Joined: 10 Mar 2002 14:06
Location: California

Post by Dan » 31 Mar 2004 04:39

Heinz VanNoon wrote:
The numbers matter for several reasons, despite your childish rhetoric. They matter for the historical record. They matter also if the allegation is made that the killing was unique in history.
It does not matter if it was 1 or 6,000,000 who were murdered, the fact that is was state sanctioned genocide, given all bureaucratic means on such a large scale, makes it unique in history.
How does it differ from the Third Reich's treatment of Gypsies according to your definition?

Apocalypse_Now
Banned
Posts: 603
Joined: 27 Feb 2004 20:17
Location: Canada/Former Berliner

Post by Apocalypse_Now » 31 Mar 2004 04:42

How does it differ from the Third Reich's treatment of Gypsies according to your definition?
It does not. When I think of the Holocaust I include all peoples who suffered the same barbaric fate.

Dan
Member
Posts: 8429
Joined: 10 Mar 2002 14:06
Location: California

Post by Dan » 31 Mar 2004 04:44

Heinz VanNoon wrote:
Good luck in getting an answer to your salient question from Dan. When it comes to Holocaust issues, he's a drive-by shooter. When you try to pin him down on his position on the central questions regarding the Holocaust, he promptly flees (i.e., avoids the question). This is perhaps a wise move on his part, otherwise, we would be able to identify the leopard by his spots.

I would like to encourage him to answer as many of us no doubt would love to benefit from his erudition.

Penn44
Exactly my thoughts!
Didn't I anwser? Perhaps you should make it more specific, I thought I answered the questions.
Penn, I do admit that I have nazi views on how you raise your two kids; what with your relationships with lesbians stripers. Please be aware that those views are what those who study theology call insidental to the argument. In other words, Moslems, Jews, Christians, etc.. could have the same views and not be nazis.

Dan
Member
Posts: 8429
Joined: 10 Mar 2002 14:06
Location: California

Post by Dan » 31 Mar 2004 04:46

Heinz VanNoon wrote:
How does it differ from the Third Reich's treatment of Gypsies according to your definition?
It does not. When I think of the Holocaust I include all peoples who suffered the same barbaric fate.
Then why are you fighting with me? Didn't you use the word unique?

Dan
Member
Posts: 8429
Joined: 10 Mar 2002 14:06
Location: California

Post by Dan » 31 Mar 2004 04:48

It does not matter if it was 1 or 6,000,000 who were murdered, the fact that is was state sanctioned genocide, given all bureaucratic means on such a large scale, makes it unique in history.
Perhaps we misunderstand each other. I actually agree with this statement. Aren't you talking about Jews when you speak of unique persecution?

Apocalypse_Now
Banned
Posts: 603
Joined: 27 Feb 2004 20:17
Location: Canada/Former Berliner

Post by Apocalypse_Now » 31 Mar 2004 04:49

Then why are you fighting with me? Didn't you use the word unique?
Yes the Holocaust is unique in history. What are you missing here?

And please answer my outstanding questions.

User avatar
Penn44
Banned
Posts: 4214
Joined: 26 Jun 2003 06:25
Location: US

Post by Penn44 » 31 Mar 2004 04:54

Dan wrote: Penn, I do admit that I have nazi views on how you raise your two kids; what with your relationships with lesbians stripers. Please be aware that those views are what those who study theology call insidental to the argument. In other words, Moslems, Jews, Christians, etc.. could have the same views and not be nazis.
Dan:

It is regretable that you issue personal remarks after I simply lamented that you avoid answering questions put to you on certain central aspects of the Holocaust.

BTW, those who study spelling would call it, "incidental," not "insidental."

And you forgot to include the Taliban in your list.

Penn44

Dan
Member
Posts: 8429
Joined: 10 Mar 2002 14:06
Location: California

Post by Dan » 31 Mar 2004 04:59

Heinz VanNoon wrote:
Then why are you fighting with me? Didn't you use the word unique?
Yes the Holocaust is unique in history. What are you missing here?

And please answer my outstanding questions.
I seems we are getting into a pissing contest.

I have to say that frankly I have no idea at all of what you are talking about. None at all. It seems to me at this point that you are another idealisic kid who is into cut and paste games to make yourself feel better than others because of your guilt about personal issues. But I could be wrong.

Would it be too troublesome to list the questions that you have in simple sentences? Perhaps a line or two for every point? Could you hold up on cutting and pasting of long articles that don't specifically address the point?

If so, I thing it would be grand. Can you really expect someone to respond to a cut and past long article? Can you meditate for a while and ask some "pithy" questions?

Let's just try an expirement. Why don't you ask a really specific question? If it takes a few days for you to formulate it, nobody here will care.

Dan
Member
Posts: 8429
Joined: 10 Mar 2002 14:06
Location: California

Post by Dan » 31 Mar 2004 05:03

Penn44 wrote:
Dan wrote: Penn, I do admit that I have nazi views on how you raise your two kids; what with your relationships with lesbians stripers. Please be aware that those views are what those who study theology call insidental to the argument. In other words, Moslems, Jews, Christians, etc.. could have the same views and not be nazis.
Dan:

It is regretable that you issue personal remarks after I simply lamented that you avoid answering questions put to you on certain central aspects of the Holocaust.

BTW, those who study spelling would call it, "incidental," not "insidental."

And you forgot to include the Taliban in your list.

Penn44
I thought we delt with the issue of spelling mistakes of other posters. Do you want to persue it? Please tell me. P.S. Why didn't you write Taliban? Since it's not English?

In addition to your stance on spelling mistakes, please give me a straight forward question to answer.

Dan
Member
Posts: 8429
Joined: 10 Mar 2002 14:06
Location: California

Post by Dan » 31 Mar 2004 05:14

And since you accuse me of racism, I think it is within my rights to defend myself, after all, we are addressing moral issues. You don't have a problem raising your kids in an environment where they'll be likely to be cared for my lesbian strippers, as those are the people you have said you hang around with.

On the same subject, my kids are influenced by personal ethics. And since I've made them public, like you with your stripper lesbian friends, that makes it pretty much fair game for both of us.

Dan
Member
Posts: 8429
Joined: 10 Mar 2002 14:06
Location: California

Post by Dan » 31 Mar 2004 05:27

When you try to pin him down on his position on the central questions regarding the Holocaust, he promptly flees


I thought the last run in we had was when you decided with the homoerotic author Schultz that I was a holocaust denier because I thought Mill's numbers of 4 million murdered Jews was reasonable, and you said that made me a racist.

xcalibur
Member
Posts: 1457
Joined: 20 Apr 2003 15:12
Location: Pennsylvania

Post by xcalibur » 31 Mar 2004 05:39

Dan wrote:And since you accuse me of racism, I think it is within my rights to defend myself, after all, we are addressing moral issues. You don't have a problem raising your kids in an environment where they'll be likely to be cared for my lesbian strippers, as those are the people you have said you hang around with.

On the same subject, my kids are influenced by personal ethics. And since I've made them public, like you with your stripper lesbian friends, that makes it pretty much fair game for both of us.
Ethics, racism? You don't now the meaning of those words. Neither do you know what it is to be a gentleman, calling me as you did "the Jew Xcalibur" because I disagreed with one of your posts. And, in fact you're miserable to most new members, as witnessed by this thread alone. No sir, you are neither moral, ethical, or civil: You are a rude, miserable person who has missed out on so many positive aspects of life and you seem to think because you've been here awhile and have some mod's ear you can shove people around. So why don't you piss off down to RODOH where you belong, now that Michael Mills isn't around to carry your water.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”