Warcrimes allies

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Lehr Division

Warcrimes allies

Post by Lehr Division » 20 Jul 2002, 02:22

"For the record, the American Army, specifically the "Rainbow Division" on more than one occasion rounded up officers and men of the 17th SS and machine-gunned them without mercy."

Can somebody give me some detailed info about the rainbow division? and that atrocities?

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 20 Jul 2002, 02:39

Only thing I know of is the Webling shootings. I think they shot like 18 Waffen SS soldiers. I do not remember the unit, nor do I know if it is true. This was near Dachau I do believe.

Lehr Division

Re:

Post by Lehr Division » 22 Jul 2002, 21:25

Anybody else with any info? i'm really into this thing cause you don't find alot of warcrimes commit by the Western Allies. :monkee:

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 22 Jul 2002, 21:27

I think that was about it, I do not think they were involved in the shooting's at Dachau, that was the 45th ID. Going off memory here. . But then if there was one well known official incident you can pretty much safely bet they committed other acts, since in my modest opinion the acts of committing crimes has to have major influence by lack of moral and discipline. Of which both the 45th ID and 42nd ID showed to have low amount of both.

Robert Cygan

Re:

Post by Robert Cygan » 29 Jul 2002, 13:13

Lehr Division wrote:Anybody else with any info? i'm really into this thing cause you don't find alot of warcrimes commit by the Western Allies. :monkee:
Hi,
War is war; nobody has an acces to kill but about all start crazy; the question is: was it necessary to kill 18 SS-officer or f.i. shut down Hiroshima and Nagasaki civilians? Who was (is) more bad: such Americans or the Germans SS units killed also with no mercy as a rule?
Greetings
R.C.

Radar

Post by Radar » 03 Aug 2002, 12:11

There is another case in the village of Spitze about 15 miles east of Cologne. Tanks of the 97th or 78th Inf. Div. of the US Army approached the village on the 13th April 1945. They got under fire from a 8.8anti tank gun. At least one tank was knocked out. The tanks withdrew. During the night the village came under fire by tanks and artillery. The next day the US forces entered the village at 0600hrs. All people (80) in the village were taken to the place in front of the church, including French forced labourer and 20 German soldiers from a AAA unit who were not involved in the ground defence. The French labourer could convince the US Forces that the civilians treated them well and got nothing to do with the attack and were separated from the soldiers. The German AAA soldiers were marched to a field several hundred yards out of the village and got killed by machine gun fire. Two days later the Germans of the village Spitze were ordered by an US Army officer to bury the soldiers.
Several attempts to find the soldiers responsible were turned down by US courts because the units involved could not be found.
The “After Action Report” of the units reflects the incident.
A memorial was build on the 14th April 1995 for the victims of the massacre.

Robert Cygan

Post by Robert Cygan » 06 Aug 2002, 23:28

Radar wrote:There is another case in the village of Spitze about 15 miles east of Cologne. Tanks of the 97th or 78th Inf. Div. of the US Army approached the village on the 13th April 1945. They got under fire from a 8.8anti tank gun. At least one tank was knocked out. The tanks withdrew. During the night the village came under fire by tanks and artillery. The next day the US forces entered the village at 0600hrs. All people (80) in the village were taken to the place in front of the church, including French forced labourer and 20 German soldiers from a AAA unit who were not involved in the ground defence. The French labourer could convince the US Forces that the civilians treated them well and got nothing to do with the attack and were separated from the soldiers. The German AAA soldiers were marched to a field several hundred yards out of the village and got killed by machine gun fire. Two days later the Germans of the village Spitze were ordered by an US Army officer to bury the soldiers.
Several attempts to find the soldiers responsible were turned down by US courts because the units involved could not be found.
The “After Action Report” of the units reflects the incident.
Sorry but I live in a country deflorated by many armies; I cannot to be your friend in mind because I know many simmilar accidents in the history
but... off course none has an acces to kill
Your sincerelly
R.C.
A memorial was build on the 14th April 1995 for the victims of the massacre.

Radar

Warcrimes allies

Post by Radar » 07 Aug 2002, 20:41

Robert Cyan answered:
Sorry but I live in a country deflorated by many armies; I cannot to be your friend in mind because I know many simmilar accidents in the history
Your sincerelly
R.C.

First of all this story was an answer to "Lehr Division"
Nobody can pick a country were he/she like to be born in. It is up to your parents. I was born in Germany, but I think I was lucky. I didn't ask you to be my friend, but I don't think I was hurting somebody because I wrote what has happend. Sometimes the truth hurts and some people try to run away from it.I know that Poland suffered a lot. First under the Germans and than under other "visitors". This was before my time but I'm interested in history.
Radar

Robert Cygan

Re: Warcrimes allies

Post by Robert Cygan » 07 Aug 2002, 22:34

Radar wrote:Robert Cyan answered:
Your sincerelly
R.C.

First of all this story was an answer to "Lehr Division"
Nobody can pick a country were he/she like to be born in. It is up to your parents. I was born in Germany, but I think I was lucky. I didn't ask you to be my friend, but I don't think I was hurting somebody because I wrote what has happend. Sometimes the truth hurts and some people try to run away from it.I know that Poland suffered a lot. First under the Germans and than under other "visitors". This was before my time but I'm interested in history.
Radar
It's all right, I know, for example, that the Polish soldiers didn't take the prisoners for tens kilometres after they Warsaw took. But I'm not happy because of that. I know that in the German army served people which they didn't want to fight, so they were the victims too
R.C.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”