Tito - war criminal?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Allen Milcic

Post by Allen Milcic » 20 Jun 2004, 23:04

> Non-English posting deleted by Moderator. All posts that do not include at least a translation into English will be deleted. <

Allen Milcic

Post by Allen Milcic » 20 Jun 2004, 23:15

Spy wrote:
I know it's in Croatian but I haven't found an english site with such informations, I hope some good english and croatian speaking members could translate the underlined text (Allen Milcic could you please).

Source:
http://www.ganganet.net/karlorotim/zrtv ... enzija.htm[/

Bleiburg i križni put hrvatskog naroda je zloèin engleskih vojnih vrhova i partizanskog komandanta maršala Josipa Broza Tita. Tito je naredio ubijanje hrvatskih civila i razoružanih hrvatskih domobrana i ustaša, nakon što su ih razoružane predali Englezi partizanima 15. svibnja 1945. Naime deset dana kasnije, toènije 26. svibnja 1945. Tito je javno istakao na mitingu u Ljubljani: “Što se tièe ovih izdajica kojih je bilo u svakom narodu, meðu svim ljudima, to je sada stvar prošlosti. Ruka pravde, osvetnièka ruka naroda, veæ je stigla veæinu; samo manjina izdajica uspjela je pobjeæi i staviti se pod inozemno zaštitnièko krilo. Ta manjina nikada više neæe zuriti u naše lijepe planine, naša cvjetna polja. Ako se to i dogodi, trajat æe kratko vrijeme”.
Translation:
Bleiburg and the Croatian 'Way of the Cross' are crimes of the English[sic] military command and the Partizan commander Marshal Josip Broz Tito. Tito ordered the killings of Croatian civilians and disarmed Croatian Domobrans and Ustasa, after they were surrendered by the English[sic] to the Partizans on May 15, 1945. Ten days later, May 26, 1945, Tito publically pointed out at a meeting in Ljubljana: "As for these traitors, which exist in every nation, amongst all peoples, they are already a thing of the past. The hand of justice, the vengeful hand of the people, has already taken care of a majority; only a minority of the traitors has managed to escape and is now protected in other countries. These minority will never again see our beautiful mountains, or our flower covered fields. Even if they do return to see them, this will not last long."

Allen/

Spy

Post by Spy » 20 Jun 2004, 23:32

Thanks for the translation Allen, but was it neccesary to delete my post? :( :?

Allen Milcic

Post by Allen Milcic » 21 Jun 2004, 02:16

Spy:

You have been previously advised to post in English, so yes, it was necessary.

Regards,
Allen/

Spy

Post by Spy » 21 Jun 2004, 12:36

And why "Kingdom of Montenegro's" non-English post wasn't deleted? :?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 21 Jun 2004, 13:13

Spy wrote:And why "Kingdom of Montenegro's" non-English post wasn't deleted? :?
As far as I know he has not been told to post in English previously.

/Marcus

Spy

Post by Spy » 21 Jun 2004, 14:12

Marcus Wendel wrote:
Spy wrote:And why "Kingdom of Montenegro's" non-English post wasn't deleted? :?
As far as I know he has not been told to post in English previously.

/Marcus
yup.

Kingdom of Montenegro

Post by Kingdom of Montenegro » 21 Jun 2004, 21:42

Allen Milcic wrote:
Second, could you give us a complete list of "positive accomplishments of the Croatian people during the war" - I would be more than happy to have a glance at it.
A few examples:
- 72 Croatian detachments in the anti-Fascist NOVJ;
- Partizan leader Tito + Hebrang, Ribar, Bakaric etc in the leadership of the anti-Fascist NOVJ;
- Over 160,000 Croatians within the NOVJ by March 1945;
- Croatians helping to save Jews from the Holocaust:
http://www.hr/darko/etf/jews.html
Allen,I am confused here.Previosly,you are saying that Tito was a war criminal,and now he is ˝positive accomplishment˝?

Best regards.

Kingdom of Montenegro

Post by Kingdom of Montenegro » 21 Jun 2004, 21:46

Sorry,I am wrong.You didn't say before that Tito is war criminal.

Allen Milcic

Post by Allen Milcic » 21 Jun 2004, 22:39

Hi Kingdom:

Just to clarify - in my opinion, Tito was, overall, a self-centred despot that cared nothing about his people, and was willing to do anything and everything to keep himself in power. I also think his policies are directly responsible for the wars during the dissolution of Yugoslavia in the 1990's. However, I respect him for his leadership and accomplishments during the anti-fascist struggle (except for the post-war killings of thousands of innocent Croats and Slovenes) - I would chose Tito over Pavelic any day.

Regards,
Allen/

Allen Milcic

Post by Allen Milcic » 21 Jun 2004, 23:38

> Personal insult by Spy, not even in English, deleted by Moderator. Spy, this is your final warning - keep your cheap personal opinions to yourself or begone. <

Allen/

Spy

Post by Spy » 21 Jun 2004, 23:49

OK, but at least I have the right to say that I would choose Poglavnik dr. Ante Paveliæ over "Tito - šumskog bandita".

Allen Milcic

Post by Allen Milcic » 22 Jun 2004, 00:11

Spy wrote:OK, but at least I have the right to say that I would choose Poglavnik dr. Ante Paveliæ over "Tito - šumskog bandita".
Spy:

As far as I'm concerned, in the privacy of your home you can kiss the Poglavnik's picture good-night before going to bed. On this Forum, though, you will be polite, on topic, refrain from personal insults, and you will post in the English language.

Have a nice day.

Allen/

asgatalopt

Post by asgatalopt » 02 Jul 2004, 15:31

As for the around 20 thousand italian nationals that were killed for their ethnicity in Istria, as well as for the 350.000 who were forced to flee their ancestral venetian land, what are they?

Tito's troops used to torture and throw into natural caves the italian nationals they could put their hands on , mainly after their 1945 victory but it also occurred for a brief period in 1943.

Most of the victims were tortured before being thrown, dead or alive, into such caves (foibe).

Documents are so abundant (they include an official italian-slovenian government report, mutually signed by Italy and Slovenia) that there is no nedd for quoting them . Survivor's memories are dozens, I also have some in my library.

Such facts are also been described in other threads

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 02 Jul 2004, 17:11

asgatalopt -- You said:
Documents are so abundant (they include an official italian-slovenian government report, mutually signed by Italy and Slovenia) that there is no nedd for quoting them . Survivor's memories are dozens, I also have some in my library.
Please provide customary references, since these documents may not be as familiar or available to the international readership of the forum as they might be to folks living in Italy or Slovenia.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”