NMT final statements of the Einsatzgruppe defendants

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 01 Jan 2008, 19:36

Here are some my thoughts on the thread...

Sometimes I marvel and wonder at the concern Hitler/Nazi's had for the Jewish people. The energy and resources of Germany at that time was certainly misplaced to this conceived problem. There was an small scene at the end of "Conspiracy" (the HBO movie documentary about the “Final Solution”)... when Heydrich retold a story which had been told to him earlier by another guest at the meeting...the story he told was of a man who loved his mother, but greatly hated his father. Eventually his mother died and he had no remorse what-so-ever at her funeral. Eventually the father (which he had hated greatly) died, and at his funeral, he showed great remorse at his loss. The point of the story was that when the object of your hatred is gone, one will express a great loss and even greater remorse because their object/reason(s) for living has come to an end...Heydrich, then surmises that this little story could very well be the reason for Germany’s probable/inevitable defeat.

A person once summed it all up with this statement...”Hitler broke every promise he made to the German people...but "KEPT ALL" his promises to the Jews”. I guess hatred knows no bounds.

—Johnny Rocket

Fides Germania

Re: NMT final statements of the Einsatzgruppe defendants

Post by Fides Germania » 19 Jan 2018, 09:13

Hi Guys,
could someone please tell me where you are getting all these trial transcripts from.
I have tried interned and only get editorialized versions, not the defendants own ( English translated ) words. Same for the "Avalon Project" for major trial, only about 1/2 is avail online.
I seem to be finding a great deal of difference between the editorialized version of the defendants statements and what actually came out of their mouths, especially the tone, if it can be detected from reading, of their statements.
Thanks
Rob

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 22 Jan 2018, 02:25

Fides Germania -- You asked:
could someone please tell me where you are getting all these trial transcripts from.
The source was given in the opening post in the thread.

You also wrote:
I seem to be finding a great deal of difference between the editorialized version of the defendants statements and what actually came out of their mouths, especially the tone, if it can be detected from reading, of their statements.
Can you give any examples?

steve248

Post by steve248 » 25 Jan 2018, 20:06

Actually David the poster Fides Germania asked about transcripts of the Einsatzgruppen trial (Case 9) and the source you originally quoted has only short extracts.
The whole trial transcripts and defence/prosecution documentation are available from US NARA on microfilm, or probably nowadays on dvds.
The reference is US NARA, microfilm series M 895 with 38 rolls.
Rolls 2-7 are the the English language trial transcripts; rolls 13-21 are German language transcripts.
If you visit the UK, a printed English version can be examined at the Imperial War Museum, London.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”