My comments on Polish atrocities against the Germans

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Davey Boy

My comments on Polish atrocities against the Germans

Post by Davey Boy » 25 Aug 2002, 16:52

I see that Rob S's thread got locked. I don't know why because it wasn't all that controversial. But anyway, I feel that I should answer the questions posed to me during that discussion.

Ok, first of all, Poles did commit crimes against German civillians. They commited them before the war, during the war, and after the war. Most of the crimes were committed after the war. And there were all sorts of things going down which I have already described in great detail in other threads.

However, let me stress that the Nazi regime greatly exagerrated the crimes committed before the war. They obviously did this for propaganda purposes. I challenge anyone to come up with some reputable sources to back what those nutters have written on that website (link given by Rob).

And that brings me to my final point. The people responsible for that website wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on their collective proverbial fat asses. Some of the stuff written there, mainly about Poland, is so far out of whack you have to wonder whether giving mental patients access to the internet is a good idea.

atkif

Re: My comments on Polish atrocities against the Germans

Post by atkif » 25 Aug 2002, 16:59

HETMAN wrote:. They commited them before the war, during the war, and after the war. .
Off the topic ..Sorry
I am just curious -any information available about the Polish atrocities against Germans before the war. I am not aware.
Thanks.

Benoit Douville

Post by Benoit Douville » 25 Aug 2002, 18:43

I was also disapointed that the previous thread was locked. I just read the entire article today:

http://www.iolaos.com/scriptorium/engli ... opsis.html

How can somebody publish that is out of comprehension. True, the Poles did commit atrocities against the Germans but you can't compared it to the atrocities commited by the Germans against the Poles during the war. And to say that Poland is responsible for World War II is nonsence.

Let's look at the facts of serious research. The Germans killed 3 millions Poles during the war...

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 25 Aug 2002, 18:46

The other thread was closed because I felt it was becoming yet another nasty discussion about jews instead keeping on the original topic.

/Marcus

Rob S.

Post by Rob S. » 25 Aug 2002, 19:02

I agree Marcus, it was getting off topic and I thank you for closing it.

Does anybody know of any non-biased books on this particular matter in ww2?

germangirl

Post by germangirl » 30 Sep 2006, 21:25

Ok just a little food for thought for you DaveyBoy. My grandmother was born in Poland to German parents in like 1938, her father was killed and her two brothers during the war. Then after the war her mother is rounded up and tooken off and she is left with her 15 year old sister to defend themselves and feed themselves on the march back to Germany, now that's not really right is it?

Musashi
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, the UK [it's one big roundabout]

Post by Musashi » 30 Sep 2006, 22:56

I don't think Davey Boy is active on this forum any more.

MfG,
Krzysiek

Zbojnik

Post by Zbojnik » 09 Jul 2007, 20:12

germangirl wrote:Ok just a little food for thought for you DaveyBoy. My grandmother was born in Poland to German parents in like 1938, her father was killed and her two brothers during the war. Then after the war her mother is rounded up and tooken off and she is left with her 15 year old sister to defend themselves and feed themselves on the march back to Germany, now that's not really right is it?
And you're blaming Poles for the relocation of Germans? I would assume that it was the Russians who took away her mother not the Poles.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 10 Jul 2007, 02:53

A post from Anstalt Hoffmann, containing a derogatory slang term for Poles, was deleted by this moderator pursuant to the forum and section rules -- DT.

H&WC Section Rules
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=53962

Eduard Filusch

Post by Eduard Filusch » 22 Dec 2010, 12:45

Ok just a little food for thought for you DaveyBoy. My grandmother was born in Poland to German parents in like 1938, her father was killed and her two brothers during the war. Then after the war her mother is rounded up and tooken off and she is left with her 15 year old sister to defend themselves and feed themselves on the march back to Germany, now that's not really right is it?
Dear German girl. What happened to your grandmother, the deportation etc is terrible and not ok. What was done to the innocent German citizens (women, children, men) is terrible. But it can't be an argument used to proof German innocence in starting WW-II and the massive support of it's citizens and ethnic Germans in, for example, Poland. It's a good sign that this topic for example can now be discussed in a free Poland and in a free Germany and on the internet.

mick

Re:

Post by mick » 22 Dec 2010, 22:23

germangirl wrote:Ok just a little food for thought for you DaveyBoy. My grandmother was born in Poland to German parents in like 1938, her father was killed and her two brothers during the war. Then after the war her mother is rounded up and tooken off and she is left with her 15 year old sister to defend themselves and feed themselves on the march back to Germany, now that's not really right is it?
There has been written millions of statements regarding the second world war. If we started to read these statements it would take a life time to read maybe a quarter of them. Unfortunately when nations enter into military conflict civilians will always suffer by the hand of the inflicter. War is a dreadful creation of power and people who are put in a position of power sometimes choose to inflict great pain and suffering. When the second world war finished the human raise said that notrosities would never happen again but unfortunately it has! We should not hold any particular country responsible for the crimes that were committed ie. Poland, Germany or Russia. It happens and we cannot turn the clock back can we now.

Oleg Grigoryev

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 23 Dec 2010, 03:54

mick and Eduard Filusch , you are responding to the post, dated by 30 Sep 2006, 21:25. I think that, it is safe to assume, that chances of the author responding to you are close to 0.

Eduard Filusch

Post by Eduard Filusch » 23 Dec 2010, 16:08

"Mick wrote
We should not hold any particular country responsible for the crimes that were committed ie. Poland, Germany or Russia. It happens and we cannot turn the clock back can we now.
Dear Mick, what do you mean by this? I'm somehow confused by this statement!

mick

Post by mick » 23 Dec 2010, 19:03

Eduard Filusch wrote:
"Mick wrote
We should not hold any particular country responsible for the crimes that were committed ie. Poland, Germany or Russia. It happens and we cannot turn the clock back can we now.
Dear Mick, what do you mean by this? I'm somehow confused by this statement!
Eduard, I was referring to a post by German Girl. I do not think my post is confusing . Regards Mick

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”