Surviving The Gas -- An Option? II

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Dan

Post by Dan » 19 Sep 2002, 16:44

You are being a slippery lawyer. If all Jewish babies were targeted for killing, all that fell into German hands would have been killed, including the shyster Peer.

The original questing had to do with killings at Auschwitz and Dachau using the means of homicidal Gas Chambers. Another shyster by the name of Blaha claimed people were gassed at Dachau, and I answered the question by saying they weren't. I gave another example of someone else lying about babies being gassed at Bergen-Belsen. I then recommended that stories of babies being killed by the Germans at death camps be taken with a grain of salt, because of the history of lying about what happened. I never even insinuated that large number of babies were not murdered died directly or indirectly at the hands of the nazi government, Jews, Chrisitan Slavs and Gypsies, and probably large numbers of institutionalized German and Slav mental patients who were children. The same at concentration camps.

You will even notice that in my earlier post I agreed that an exposure of insuffecient time by Zyklon at Auschwitz could produce the symptom of some one paralyzed but not dead yet.

Charles Bunch

Post by Charles Bunch » 19 Sep 2002, 17:08

Bunch:
We're not discussing a time frame but the Holocaust. And during the Holocaust the only babies targeted for murder were Jewish babies, and perhaps Gypsy babies.

Dan:
But not Slavic "useless eaters"?

Bunch:
There was no plan to target all Slavic babies for extermination.

Mass death is not the same thing as targeted extermination.

And Christian babies were not targeted.

Dan wrote:You are being a slippery lawyer. If all Jewish babies were targeted for killing, all that fell into German hands would have been killed, including the shyster Peer.
I'm pointing that your attempt to mitigate the loss of Jewish children by the statement that more Christian children were killed is disingenuous at best. The statement that "if all were targeted...all would have been killed" is so stupid as to not require a response.

The original questing had to do with killings at Auschwitz and Dachau using the means of homicidal Gas Chambers. Another shyster by the name of Blaha claimed people were gassed at Dachau, and I answered the question by saying they weren't.
The evidence indicates people may well have been gassed at Dachau.

(snip remaining irrelevancies).

Birgitte Heuschkel

Post by Birgitte Heuschkel » 19 Sep 2002, 17:59

I think it fairly safe to inform my inquirer that while on a few occasions, someone might have still been alive -- or at least, still moving -- when the gas chamber in A-B was opened, it was a very rare event. And add to that, that while it is not proved -- or disproved -- that gassings occurred in Dachau, that site was not as organised a factory of death as A-B.

As for whether one kind of babies were targeted for elimination more than others... well... I think it pretty safe to say that Jews, Gypsies, and other specific groups were targeted first, and that if the processing had been allowed to continue, other groups such as Slavs would quite likely have been next. Hey, what's the use of an empty gas chamber and a group of worn-down Slav worker-eaters who can't work anymore? The logic is.. obvious.

Ian C

Post by Ian C » 19 Sep 2002, 19:30

As Hans mentioned earlier about the baby being found alive in the gas chamber.
I saw a Documentary on TV a few years ago, and it was about three Sonderkammandos going back to Auschwitz after 50 years and one of them told the story how the doors to the gas chamber had been opened and they had to take the bodies out, but they heard a crying noise from inside. When they looked a baby was at the top of the pile of bodies alive. One of the guards went in and shot the baby.

Hans

Post by Hans » 21 Sep 2002, 10:08

Ian C wrote:As Hans mentioned earlier about the baby being found alive in the gas chamber.
I saw a Documentary on TV a few years ago, and it was about three Sonderkammandos going back to Auschwitz after 50 years and one of them told the story how the doors to the gas chamber had been opened and they had to take the bodies out, but they heard a crying noise from inside. When they looked a baby was at the top of the pile of bodies alive. One of the guards went in and shot the baby.
Now where you have mentioned it, I remember having seen similiar documentary on German Television with a similiar description. The name of this Sonderkommando was Shlomo Venezia, if I remember correctly, and he spoke in broken German.

By the way, check out these extracts from the documentary:
http://www.thirdreichforum.com/phpBB2/v ... hp?p=25320

Scott Smith

Surviving the Gas, an Option?

Post by Scott Smith » 21 Sep 2002, 10:22

[Originally posted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:37 pm Post subject: Re: Surviving The Gas -- An Option?]
Birgitte Heuschkel wrote:I've been charged with the happy assignment of determining whether there were indeed cases where inmates sent to the gas chambers in Auschwitz and Dachau ever survived the treatment and had to be 'mercy' shot after.

Does anyone know where to find a final answer to that question? One Franciszek Blaha testified that it was indeed an occurance in Dachau.
Höß claimed that this happened sometimes with carbon monoxide generated from engines at the Reinhardt camps, an unlikely story if the gas was carbon monoxide generated from engines. But he claimed that this never happened with his method of using hydrogen cyanide released from Zyklon-B granules. However, according to the editor of Höß' memoirs, there was at least one possible account of that happening, no less dubious than Blaha, IMHO.
:)

Hans

Post by Hans » 21 Sep 2002, 10:37

Thank you for your cooperation, Scott. :D

I knew how to use the option "split selected post", but then I made a big mistake and thought to have enough experience to try the more tricky option "split FROM selected post"!
:monkee:

For those who wonder: This thread came originally from the thread Surviving The Gas -- An Option?, which was splitted into "Auschwitz trial and the IMT" and, well, mistakenly, into this thread by me.

Ian C

Post by Ian C » 21 Sep 2002, 14:49

Thanks Hans,
That was the Documentary I saw.

Ian

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”