The crimes of the Red Army in eastern Germany are bogus?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
Dmitry

Post by Dmitry » 19 Aug 2005, 18:35

michael mills wrote:An example of Erenburg's incitement against German women appeared in English in the Soviet War News of 7 December 1944.
German women arouse only feelings of abhorrence in us. We despise them because they are the mothers, wives and sisters of butchers. We despise them because they wrote to their sons, husbands and brothers, 'Send us a beautiful fur coat'. We despise them because they are thieves and temptresses. We need none of these flaxen-haired hyenas. We are coming to Germany for something else - for Germany. And these particular flaxen-haired witches will not easily escape us.
The terms in which Erenburg describes German women ("temptresses", "witches") suggest a strong element of misogyny and perhaps sexual perversion in Erenburg's personal psychological make-up.

The use of physical descriptions such as "flaxen-haired" shows that Erenburg was thinking in racial terms, rather in terms of social class.

Furthermore, Erenburg was not expressing hatred of German women for something they had done, but primarily because they were the relatives of German soldiers. That is indicative of the fact that Erenburg was holding the German people collectively guilty for whatever crimes had been committed by only a part of the nation.

Finally, the words "will not easily escape us" could be construed as an incitement to violence against German women. What is it that Erenburg thought German women could not escape?
I've found this article!!! It made me collapse with laughter.

It was published in Krasnaya Zvezda of 25 november 1944. The article's name is "Belokuraya ved'ma" ("blonde witch" with clear hint to a term "blonde bestie"). I was right. This term means Übermensch. See here. I don't read German. Just find it here.

The last sentence was translated entirely wrong. Germany (Ãåðìàíèÿ - feminine noun) was blonde witch (translated here as an flaxen-haired witch). It's Germany that "will not easily escape us".
Íàì íå íóæíû áåëîêóðûå ãèåíû. Ìû èäåì â Ãåðìàíèþ çà äðóãèì: çà Ãåðìàíèåé. È ýòîé áåëîêóðîé âåäüìå íåñäîáðîâàòü.

Babar

Post by Babar » 19 Aug 2005, 19:37

I've found this article!!! It made me collapse with laughter.

It was published in Krasnaya Zvezda of 25 november 1944. The article's name is "Belokuraya ved'ma" ("blonde witch" with clear hint to a term "blonde bestie"). I was right. This term means Übermensch. See here. I don't read German. Just find it here.

The last sentence was translated entirely wrong. Germany (Ãåðìàíèÿ - feminine noun) was blonde witch (translated here as an flaxen-haired witch). It's Germany that "will not easily escape us".
"Blonde beast" was to denote a Lion and his mane, not a nordic german, any and all misconceptions regarding Nietzsches writing are squarley placed on the shoulders of his sister and different people seeking to distort his own writing to justify their own cynical beliefs. Nietzsche despised XIX century german nationalist "buffalos" as he liked to call them, especially of the anti-semitic variety. He himself seemed to use the word "german" as an insult rather than nationality, he himself liked to fantasize about his assumed polish nobility (szlachta) atavism, imbibed from his fathers family.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”