Proof of NVKD organised looting in soviet zone of germany

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
wildboar

Proof of NVKD organised looting in soviet zone of germany

Post by wildboar » 27 Sep 2002, 20:30

Roberto,

I have repeatedly stressed in all post on soviet atrocities on german civilians that NVKD encouraged and organised looting of properties of german civilians and all the same was done on verbal instructions of mr Beria, also i have stated that all the items which were looted were sent back to ussr and traded there by NVKD.
Roberto you have ignored my post on ground that i had provided no proof but today i am providing circumstancial evidence regarding the same based on interview of Mikhail Semiryaga member of soviet military adminstration in berlin to CNN. following is his statement.
Some KGB leaders ... took away gold items; they didn't leave them, they took them. There were cases about which we learned only not long ago: They arrested the Germans, took their flats, cottages, furniture, jewelry, and sent all of the things home. They used airplanes and sent all those things home. Of course, all those activities were criminal, against the law, and soon the German people learned about it. And of course, it compromised the Soviet forces' [ability] to win the souls of German people, to reach friendship with the German people.
source-
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cold.war/ep ... semiryaga/

This is a direct circumstancial evidence regarding looting of properties of german civilians as organised by NVKD & Beria.

I have no doubt that all that looting that took place in soviet zone of germany was handy work of Beria as he and NVKD greatly profited from it.

Roberto i would like to know your views on it.

cheers
wildboar

Roberto

Re: Proof of NVKD organised looting in soviet zone of german

Post by Roberto » 27 Sep 2002, 21:01

wildboar wrote:Roberto,

I have repeatedly stressed in all post on soviet atrocities on german civilians that NVKD encouraged and organised looting of properties of german civilians and all the same was done on verbal instructions of mr Beria, also i have stated that all the items which were looted were sent back to ussr and traded there by NVKD.
Roberto you have ignored my post on ground that i had provided no proof but today i am providing circumstancial evidence regarding the same based on interview of Mikhail Semiryaga member of soviet military adminstration in berlin to CNN. following is his statement.
Some KGB leaders ... took away gold items; they didn't leave them, they took them. There were cases about which we learned only not long ago: They arrested the Germans, took their flats, cottages, furniture, jewelry, and sent all of the things home. They used airplanes and sent all those things home. Of course, all those activities were criminal, against the law, and soon the German people learned about it. And of course, it compromised the Soviet forces' [ability] to win the souls of German people, to reach friendship with the German people.
source-
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cold.war/ep ... semiryaga/

This is a direct circumstancial evidence regarding looting of properties of german civilians as organised by NVKD & Beria.

I have no doubt that all that looting that took place in soviet zone of germany was handy work of Beria as he and NVKD greatly profited from it.

Roberto i would like to know your views on it.

cheers
wildboar
Well, my dear friend, I think there are two things wrong with your post.

One is your assertion that I ignored evidence you provided about the NKVD having "encouraged and organised looting of properties of german civilians" and this having been done "on verbal instructions of mr Beria".
My objections, IIRC, referred to your assertion that atrocities against German civilians committed by Red Army troops, namely rape and murder, were "pre-planned" by Mr. Beria or some other high-ranking Soviet authority. This you keep repeating although you have shown no evidence to support such contention.

The other is that the quote from Prof. Semiryaga you provided does little to support your contention that looting of German property was organized by the NKVD as an institution let alone ordered by Beria. What Semiryaga tells us, if I read him correctly, is that some "KGB leaders" (a strange inaccuracy; he should know best that the institution was called "NKVD" at the time) stuffed their pockets. What he describes are criminal acts of corrupt individual officials, not an institutionally organized looting ordered by a higher instance of command.

You'll have to do better if you want this thread to live up to the title you gave it.

Best regards,

Roberto

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”