10 million rapes on Soviet territory?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
robota
Banned

Post by robota » 20 Oct 2005 08:23

Of course not all rapes might have been rapes at the time, in the Soviet Union or Germany.

The human sex drive is very strong, in both sexes. How many fraternisations with the occupier might become rape when the soldier returns home from the POW camp?

Benoit Douville
Financial supporter

Post by Benoit Douville » 21 Oct 2005 02:17

This is a history forum but I just wanted to say that the sex drive is a man thing, have you ever heard of mass rapes commited by women...

About the possible 10 million rapes commited by the German in the Soviet Union, I found it pretty hard to believe, I agree that the Germans probably commited massive rapes even if it was forbidden by the Nazi policy on the Eastern Front but 10 million, no way. Some people still don't believe that the Red Army commited 2 million rapes against German women witch is true.

Regards

Csaba Becze

Post by Csaba Becze » 21 Oct 2005 07:56

Benoit, the Red Army's women soldiers raped some Hungarian men in 1944/45. Well, if they forced them with a sub-machinegun, it was evidently a rape (and sometimes, because of the shock, the men coludn't do this - provisional impotence -, and they were beaten...)

Dmitry

Post by Dmitry » 21 Oct 2005 08:15

Benoit Douville
About the possible 10 million rapes commited by the German in the Soviet Union, I found it pretty hard to believe, I agree that the Germans probably commited massive rapes even if it was forbidden by the Nazi policy on the Eastern Front but 10 million, no way. Some people still don't believe that the Red Army commited 2 million rapes against German women witch is true.

So it's matter of belief. It's a sort of religion and you one of the adherents. LOL. In your Bible (where 2 millions comes) it's clearly pointed out that Nazi raped 10 million. You must trust your Bible.

Csaba Becze
Benoit, the Red Army's women soldiers raped some Hungarian men in 1944/45. Well, if they forced them with a sub-machinegun, it was evidently a rape (and sometimes, because of the shock, the men coludn't do this - provisional impotence -, and they were beaten...)

Thank you for sharing your preadult dreams with us. LOL

Csaba Becze

Post by Csaba Becze » 21 Oct 2005 08:31

Dmitriy,

if your knowledge is not enough regarding a topic, please do not comment it (and especially not in this rude way). I am writing facts here, not 'preadult dreams' and I don't think, that it's so funny.

Dmitry

Post by Dmitry » 21 Oct 2005 08:37

Csaba Becze wrote:Dmitriy,

if your knowledge is not enough regarding a topic, please do not comment it (and especially not in this rude way). I am writing facts here, not 'preadult dreams' and I don't think, that it's so funny.

Then, please, source your claim (unsourced it sounds grossly offensive) and do it, please, in a new topic. This topic is about Nazi rapes.

Oleg Grigoryev

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 21 Oct 2005 09:10

Last edited by Oleg Grigoryev on 27 Jan 2006 01:19, edited 1 time in total.

Csaba Becze

Post by Csaba Becze » 21 Oct 2005 09:10

Benoit asked something, and I just answered. I do not want to open a new topic.

BTW you can find some details about this kind of rapes even Krisztián Ungváry's book, which was written about the Siege of Budapest (and it has English and German editions as well).
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846

Evidently I can't present you official reports, because in the Red Army occupied territory there were no chance to making any regarding the rapes against the men (but thousands were registered in Hungary against women and it's only the small part of the real number of rapes, just in the hospitals were made some with the women, who visited the hospitals because of the serious wounds or because they were infected with a kind of Asian variant of syphilis - well this kind of statistics are missing totally from the Sovietunion according to my knowledge, that's why impossible to estimate the number of rapes there - the 10 million is evidently a rough estimation, based just on a conception).
But there are some eyewitnesses, even victims of these men-rapes in Hungary. It was evidently not as serious, as a rape against a girl, but it was a kind of rape as well.

And this topic is not funny at all in any aspects...

Oleg Grigoryev

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 21 Oct 2005 09:13

Last edited by Oleg Grigoryev on 27 Jan 2006 01:19, edited 1 time in total.

Oleg Grigoryev

Post by Oleg Grigoryev » 21 Oct 2005 09:17

Last edited by Oleg Grigoryev on 27 Jan 2006 01:14, edited 1 time in total.

Csaba Becze

Post by Csaba Becze » 21 Oct 2005 09:19

Oleg,

I have different sources. I wrote my thesis and even my PhD regarding WW II topics as well (and I am working generally this topics). I stated, that I never found and exact stsistics from different areas regarding the German rapes (German or even Soviet statistics). Writing numbers without any concrete details, it's just an acting with the numbers. I do not know any detailed accounts, that's why I don't want to estimate the real number, but the 10 million is evidently a very rough estimation, without any known, exact details. So, using it as a FACT is very far from the reality.

Csaba Becze

Post by Csaba Becze » 21 Oct 2005 09:24

I mean with these missing statistics: there were no made any reliable detailed statistics in this topic (not were lost). But I wrote earlier, that there were much more things and statistics to do.

I wrote my opinion, but it based on some research. I hope, you have more exact details and you will enlighten me.

Dmitry

Post by Dmitry » 21 Oct 2005 10:15

Csaba Becze wrote:Benoit asked something, and I just answered. I do not want to open a new topic.

BTW you can find some details about this kind of rapes even Krisztián Ungváry's book, which was written about the Siege of Budapest (and it has English and German editions as well).

I beg your pardon. It's not your preadult dreams. I'm sorry.

Csaba Becze

Post by Csaba Becze » 21 Oct 2005 13:09

Dmitriy,

Well, that was a meaty conversation. I just admire your self reliance (laughing at the others and calling confirmed events as dreams - really telling arguments) I have heard this kind of stories as well (from reliable people), and Krisztián met with some 'victims' and eyewitnesses also. Probably you think, that the Red Army just strewn flowers but the reality was much more different.

Sorry, but I have no time to repeat myself many times. If you think, that you know everything better without any basic knowledge - it's your problem, not mine.

Dmitry

Post by Dmitry » 21 Oct 2005 13:35

Csaba Becze wrote:Well, that was a meaty conversation. I just admire your self reliance (laughing at the others and calling confirmed events as dreams - really telling arguments) I have heard this kind of stories as well (from reliable people), and Krisztián met with some 'victims' and eyewitnesses also. Probably you think, that the Red Army just strewn flowers but the reality was much more different.

Sorry, but I have no time to repeat myself many times. If you think, that you know everything better without any basic knowledge - it's your problem, not mine.

Do not worry. No need in repeating - it will not become truth because of your repeating. You gave the source of this insulting claim. Thank you. But you didn't present any evidences for this claim and I still cannot see how it was "confirmed". Let's do not hijack this threasd though. Since you insist that it is truth then if you have any proofs (not some rumors) for this claim, please collect them and present it in a new topic (for example quote this author etc).

By the way what a nice source it is:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0300104 ... eader-page

Based on formely inaccessible documents and several hundred interviews with Hunggarian and German survivors, this is the first comlete and unbiased account of the siege of Budapest.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”