SS In Auschwitz Revolt of October 1944

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
uberjude

Re: SS In Auschwitz Revolt of October 1944

Post by uberjude » 07 Feb 2011, 15:18

I'm confused by the picture you linked--if you went back in time and visited Auschwitz in 1941, it's no wonder you didn't see any chimneys in Krema IV, the place hadn't been built yet. Making conjectures about it's facilities based on a visit in 1941 before it was built is as absurd as making conjectures about its facilities based on a visit after it was destroyed, but who would do something like that?

http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/camps/auschw ... -docs.html

As for Muller, this would be one of those circumstances where, if you have have some evidence, it would probably be useful to present it. History based simply on speculation and conjecture pointing to the way we'd like things to be, isn't history.

little grey rabbit

Post by little grey rabbit » 08 Feb 2011, 00:56

I'm confused by the picture you linked--if you went back in time and visited Auschwitz in 1941, it's no wonder you didn't see any chimneys in Krema IV, the place hadn't been built yet.
If I went back in time and visited Auschwitz in 1941 I would hope not to see "Krema" III either - which was the last one to be completed IIRC. So the photo is taken from mid 1943 onwards. TBH I am not entirely sure if Krema IV chimneys would be visible in that photo in any case - depending on the angles. I was rather hoping you would do the spade work for me.

Re: Mueller, what sort of evidence do you expect me to produce? I think on the Frankfurt Trial DVD he talks about hiding in a "Kanal", which might mean drain or if he meant "Rauchkanal" that would mean flue. When I read it my German was not good enough to be sure. Since the search function on that DVD is so excellent, if there is any interest someone could check. But I am quite confident on my opinion of Mueller.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 08 Feb 2011, 01:03

Let's get back on topic. I'm not seeing from the posts what, if anything, flues and grates have to do with it.

The self-assurance of pseudonymous posters is routine in these discussions, but doesn't add a jot to the informational value of the discussion.

If the subject is turning to Filip Mueller's credibility, we have open topics on it elsewhere in the H&WC section, so it needn't clutter this thread. As far as I know, the historical evidence for an Auschwitz prisoner uprising in Oct 1944 doesn't turn solely on his particular account, so let's not hustle our readers into abandoning this thread in a "who cares about this digression?" mood.

PF

Post by PF » 18 Dec 2013, 14:57

postscript
Kapo also killed in revolt at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=204120

Makarov

Post by Makarov » 10 Feb 2015, 16:12

wolfguy wrote:To PF and Mr. Holmes, 212 prisoners were KIA during the revolt and the pursuit of those who were able to flee the camp into a nearby barn.
As fas as I know the barn does no longer exist, but I do think there is a monument at the site. Does anyone have further information about this and where it can be found?

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”