Eye for eye victims?

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
LMA-17

Eye for eye victims?

Post by LMA-17 » 09 Nov 2005, 06:16

I read an short article many years ago about 2 Nazi war criminals whom murdered by Jewish avenger in America continent (if I didn't wrong Tom Soobzokov and Herbert Cukurs). Can anybody gave me infos about theirs biographies, crimes, what they doing in America (if I din't wrong Soobzokov even an American politician) and pics? Also would like to know if there are other Nazi criminals who were killed by Jewish avanger in America continet.

Thanks

Despot

Post by Despot » 09 Nov 2005, 19:30

I'm not sure of any instances of murders on this continent, however I know there is speculation of the so-called "eye for an eye" killers that might now reside here. One specific website is from a Ukrainian-Canadian former professor, who as a Ukrainian feels disenfranchised by the hypocrisy he sees in the pursuance of war criminals by the Canadian government. In this letter he writes the prime minister a letter that includes documentation of Jewish war crimes, and which would leave one to believe, if indeed there are Ukrainian, German, Lithuanian, etc, war criminals today in Canada, there should also be Jewish war criminals, which aren't scrutinized, or even made aware of, hence the hypocrisy.

http://www.ukar.org/martin/martin04.html

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 10 Nov 2005, 02:23

Soobzokov, Tscherim (1.1.1918-6.9.1985) [Waffen-Obersturmfuehrer] – member, Kauk. Waffenverb. der SS {entered US 1952 from Amman, Jordan; listed by the US Immigration and Naturalization Service as being under investigation 5 Jun 1974 for war crimes activities (NYT 6 Jun 1974:30:3); US Department of Justice Office of Special Investigations (OSI) moves to revoke US citizenship Dec 1979; OSI moves for dismissal of revocation proceedings on grounds that Soobzokov disclosed his membership in the North Caucasus Legion of the Waffen-SS when he entered US (NYT 10 Jul 1980:II:2:1); critically injured 15 Aug 1985 by pipe bomb explosion at his house at Paterson NJ (NYT 16 Aug 1985:II:2:1; NYT 17 Aug 1985:27:3); died of injuries 6 Sept 1985 (NYT 7 Sept 1985:25:2; NYT 15 Sept 1985:XI:8:5).(Uebernahme von Offizieren fremder Wehrmachten, 13.3.1945)}

LMA-17

Post by LMA-17 » 10 Nov 2005, 09:24

Thank you very much for your infos. So, Soobzokov was a Kauk. Waffenverb. der SS member. But as far as I know, the formation only serve in Italy and no report that they persecuted Jews in the country. How could they kill him?
About Cukurs, any infos about him? I only know that he was a Baltic, but not sure his nationality. and he was murdered in Brazil.

Thanks

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 22 Feb 2006, 18:53

Apparently he also served with Osttürkischer Waffen-Verband der SS.
I saw some info on him on Feldgrau.net, written by George Lepre when I'm correct, and in
that post theym mentioned this unit as the one he served in.

Greetings,
Mike

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 22 Feb 2006, 19:42

Cukurs was a company commander in the Latvian Arajs Commando.

Herbert Cukurs
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=56115
Holocaust Avengers
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=1163
Arajs commando and Police Batt. 322
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=9938

Mikedc

Post by Mikedc » 22 Feb 2006, 19:46

Hello David,

That is totally correct.
I did forget to mention that I was talking about Tscherim Soobzokov.

Mike

Violeta

Post by Violeta » 22 Feb 2006, 21:02

Hi,

I'm sorry to be sooooooo vague, but I remember having read about the assassination of a former Nazi in Uruguay by some avengers. I'll try to be more specific in the following days if no one remembers the case before.

Best,
Violeta

Ogorek

Post by Ogorek » 22 Feb 2006, 21:39

Being local then, I remember the Soobzokov story, but also his daughter and grandchild were seriously injured - a hell of a note for a man who had been cleared of wrong-doing by the witch hunters....

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 22 Feb 2006, 22:10

Violeta wrote:
I'm sorry to be sooooooo vague, but I remember having read about the assassination of a former Nazi in Uruguay by some avengers. I'll try to be more specific in the following days if no one remembers the case before.
Were you thinking of this fellow?
Cucurz, Albert (c. 1900-1965) – Latvian aeronautical engineer and fascist {accused of helping to kill 32,000 Latvian Jews and of playing a dominant role in the shipment of thousands of Latvian Jews from the Riga ghetto to extermination camps; became a taxi service operator in Sao Paolo, Brazil; murdered 23 or 24 Feb 1965 at Montevideo, Uruguay by "Those Who Can Never Forget"; body recovered by Uruguayan police 6 Mar 1965 (NYT 7 Mar 1965:33:1; NYT 8 Mar 1965:14:5).}

Violeta

Post by Violeta » 23 Feb 2006, 11:18

Exactly, David. You're a monster :wink:

Best,
Violeta

edgardo gil

Cukurs

Post by edgardo gil » 13 Jan 2007, 06:23

Well, the murder of Cukurs by the avengers jews is not real. An historian professor of my country have a talk with the comissioner of police that knows well the case; there was a domestic reel film inside the box where Cukurs was found. In this film Cukurs arrived in the Montevideo airport and descend of the plane and wave your arm saluting to someone, who knows to whom. Evidently a friend or friends of your own. Days after this, he was found death inside a box.
Cukurs was found previously by the israelis in Brazil and made a deal, your life for info about other nazis more importants than him for the israelis. Your fellows nazis knows of that deal and invite him to Montevideo to a party barbecue and finished your life. The film was a message for other traitors. But the official version was not this one.

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 13 Jan 2007, 13:07

Readers may also find this thread interesting and my own contributions to it:

CAMP GUARDS MURDERED BY FORMER INMATES
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=3826
In 1979, Gustav Wagner, the deputy Commandant of Sobibor concentration camp, was discovered living in Brazil. He had been tracked down by Israeli journalists with the help of former sobibor inmate Szlomo Szmajzner.

West Germany, Austria, Poland and Israel all requested his extradition to face charges for his role at Sobibor where he personally executed prisoners.

All the requests were refused by the Brazilian Supreme Court and Wagner was released from temporary custody - free to carry on with his life.

A few months later in 1980, Gustav Wagner was found hanged at a remote farm. The death was ruled as suicide but stories have persisted that he was killed in retribution by former sobibor inmate Szlomo Szmajzner.

Shortly before Wagner's death, Szmajzner approached his former SS-commandant

"How are you, Gustl?" Szmajzner asked.

For a moment Wagner regarded him with bafflement, then he recognized him: "Yes, yes, I remember you well. Surely I picked you out of the transport and saved your life."

"That's correct" said Szmajzner, "but you didn't save the lives of my sister, my brothers, my mother and my father."

When asked later whether he was responsible for the death of Wagner, he refused to confirm or deny it - he merely smiled.

Did Wagner "commit suicide" out of remorse? Not a chance. Only a few months previously he had given a television interview to the BBC in which he said:

"I had no feelings.... It just became another job. In the evening we never discussed our work, but just drank and played cards".

I have read several books on the Sobibor escape and they have both referred to Szmajzner having a hand in Wagner's death, as does the movie "Escape From Sobibor" when describing the fate of the major characters at the end of the movie.

Not conclusive proof but I leave you to reach your own conclusions.
Also more information about Wagner's death is available at this thread:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=26063

Best regards.

Alan Heath

Death of Gustaw Wagner

Post by Alan Heath » 14 Jan 2007, 19:36

I rather suspected the Mr Szmajzer may have had something to do with the death of Wagner, he was known to be a bit of a hothead immediately after the war, he underwent a terrible ordeal and according to American author Richard Rasche was prepared to kill those responsible for killing Jews in Poland.
After questioning those I think would have known, I now believe Mr Szmajzer was not directly responsible. However someone clearly killed Wagner and there would have been no shortage of volunteers for this.

Ryan81

Post by Ryan81 » 03 Oct 2007, 11:26

I freely admit that I'm not an expert when it comes to suicides but it does seem as if Wagner was murdered, rather than committed suicide. But I'm a believer in the old adage "an eye for an eye" What Wagner did to inmates at Sobibor was far, far worse than his own death. He deserved nothing less, in my opinion.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”