concerning the torpedo on the H battleship and the increase gun of the H40

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Kriegsmarine except those dealing with the U-Boat forces.
aurelien wolff

concerning the torpedo on the H battleship and the increase gun of the H40

Post by aurelien wolff » 06 Aug 2019, 19:12

Hello,

I want to know what souce they used because mine doesn't mention torpedo for the H39 class and no gun caliber increse for the 2 H40 design(only a increasing deck armor or 3 turret instade of 4 or different propulsion ). My source state that the torpedo were only see from the H41.,not on the H-40/39.
https://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmarine ... /tech.html

Thoddy

Re: concerning the torpedo on the H battleship and the increase gun of the H40

Post by Thoddy » 07 Aug 2019, 12:27

their sources are mentioned. Simply click on the abbreviations on the origial site.
like these
[Bre70] [BreKoo95] [Groe1] [Irl97] [Whi97]

for whats worth the most comprehensive discussion about H class is given in Siegfried Breyer Schlachtschiffe und Schlachtkreuzer 1905-1970 respective 1921 - 1995.

He used many original documents (mostly BA/MA) mentioned in the bibliography of both books.
The Groener has almost primary source quality as he was the man creating the german Ship identification documents used by the Kriegsmarine in WW2.
"Meine Herren, es kann ein siebenjähriger, es kann ein dreißigjähriger Krieg werden – und wehe dem, der zuerst die Lunte in das Pulverfaß schleudert!"

Return to “Kriegsmarine surface ships and Kriegsmarine in general”