Looking for any info on POW Alfred Stiller who served in Kriegsmarine

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Kriegsmarine except those dealing with the U-Boat forces.
potty5

Looking for any info on POW Alfred Stiller who served in Kriegsmarine

Post by potty5 » 24 Mar 2020, 23:18

Dear forum members, this is my first post so please be gentle!! My dear uncle Alfred Stiller served in the Kriegsmarine during WW2 but was captured and served the rest of the war in a prisoner of war camp just outside Wybunbury, near Nantwich. He worked on a local farm and fell in love with my mother's sister Doreen and after the war they married and lived in a farmers cottage at Doddington (tied in with the job), despite the outcry of returning soldiers who were unemployed. They faced many hardships and bricks through the window, but they survived the hatred and then moved to Oakengates, near Telford. He was a truly lovely gentleman and one of my favourite uncles and died a number of years ago. However, I know nothing about his war record or what ship/submarine he served on and the facts regarding his capture. Would love to know anything about his time in the Kriegsmarine, or if you guys can point me in the right direction, I will be eternally grateful. Thanks very much, best wishes, Mark Potts (nephew).

Hoover

Re: Looking for any info on POW Alfred Stiller who served in Kriegsmarine

Post by Hoover » 25 Mar 2020, 15:15

Did you ask the Deutsche Dienststelle in Berlin for his war files?

https://www.bundesarchiv.de/DE/Content/ ... -wast.html

Return to “Kriegsmarine surface ships and Kriegsmarine in general”