AA: Coastal defense of the german Navy / Flak: Küstenverteidigung der Kriegsmarine

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Kriegsmarine except those dealing with the U-Boat forces.
niemandsland

AA: Coastal defense of the german Navy / Flak: Küstenverteidigung der Kriegsmarine

Post by niemandsland » 20 Jan 2021, 13:42

Hello everybody,

First of all, sorry for the fact that I may not be using the correct military words in the English language.
But I hope it is understandable anyway. ;-)

I've been working on a web project for a long time now. I would like to make my knowledge about the anti-aircraft artillery of the German Air Force and German Navy (coastal defense) in northern germany and denmark public. The web project will be publicly accessible starting March 1st, 2021. A further publication is planned. 10 years are set for this. The main part of the web project will be a wiki. I made a conscious decision against a book.

However, regarding the coastal defense of the German Navy, I still have a few questions.

The marine anti-aircraft departments were divided into sections. One for the North Sea and the Baltic Sea.
My question about this: was there only the Naval Warfare Command (SKL) that commanded both seas (North and Baltic Sea) as the upper authority in the field of coastal defense?

Was there something like the Luftgau commandos as air district command by the Luftwaffe? (f.e. AA-command for LGK XI: for Hamburg, Bremen und Hannover.).

I found material on the flak leaders in the respective sections. But nothing from a higher authority? Didn't they exist? Or was there just no material handed down?

Or have I just not discovered it in the past few years?

Can anyone help me? If possible with sources?

Thanks for your time and help.

Greetings from Hanover, Germany.
Guido Janthor

Return to “Kriegsmarine surface ships and Kriegsmarine in general”