Manchukuo empire

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.
Peter H

Re: Manchukuo empire

Post by Peter H » 01 Sep 2009 02:22

Japanese advisers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter H

Post by Peter H » 01 Sep 2009 02:33

Prince Pujie and his Japanese wife Saga Hiro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Hiro_Saga
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ishiku

Post by Ishiku » 08 Sep 2009 20:30

Gentlemen,
I have read this thread with the greatest concentration that I could muster and I would like to thank you all for your efforts. Knowledge shared indeed.
I must say that I was attracted to this thread at first because of the movie "The Last Emperor". As some of you have scientifically proved a movie is always an interpretation of the real story.
These were difficult and exciting times, stuff to make movies or books from.
I have read the W.E.B. Griffin novels about the Marine Corps. It's somewhat similar to the true stories that I read here but the Americans are also shifted in the story.
Thanks again for all your troubles and Mr. Windward you are a fountain of information. I wish you could make a book or something like a documentary about everything that has been dug up here.

cortodanzigese
Banned

Post by cortodanzigese » 08 Oct 2009 18:41

Does somebody know some good japanese books on Kawashima Yoshiko?

MariaL

Manchukuo empire

Post by MariaL » 06 Aug 2010 23:50

Windward wrote:
michael mills wrote:Are there any ethnic Manchus, the indigenous people of manchuria, still in existence?

Yes. According to my father, my paternal grandfather is 100% Manchurian. He said that our Manchurian surname sounded like Namudulu; however, after some research, this website - http://books.google.com/books?id=l1vR-x ... es&f=false suggest that the correct name should be Niuhulu since my changed last name is Ling (Lang?) after localization. I did a search on Facebook to see if anyone had the surname, Niuhulu, which I found but Niurulu (Empress Sheng Xian) also showed up. Does anyone know if Niuhulu and Niurulu are the same???

Petterson

Post by Petterson » 07 Jan 2012 19:00

This link mention that Mancukuo declared war on USA on December of 1941. But did it declare war on Great Britain?

http://worldatwar.net/timeline/other/di ... 39-45.html

Ian Sayer

Post by Ian Sayer » 12 Feb 2012 13:05

Does anybody have any information on the identity of the Manchukuo Berlin Embassy staff in 1945. I believe they were evacuated to Bad Gastein in April 1945
Many thanks
Ian

Balrog

Post by Balrog » 08 Aug 2018 18:46

Manchukuo sent a single diplomat who resided alone in the embassy building that used to house the legation from the Republic of China. I don't know what ever became of him.

koczownik

Post by koczownik » 10 Aug 2018 01:12

Regarding the Manchukuo embassy in Germany, it's interesting to note that this was one of the ways Polish-Japanese secret service cooperation was carried out during WW2. Polish agents were provided with Manchukuo passports and worked in positions like staff jobs for Japanese representatives in Europe.

Balrog

Post by Balrog » 10 Aug 2018 14:29

koczownik wrote:
10 Aug 2018 01:12
Regarding the Manchukuo embassy in Germany, it's interesting to note that this was one of the ways Polish-Japanese secret service cooperation was carried out during WW2. Polish agents were provided with Manchukuo passports and worked in positions like staff jobs for Japanese representatives in Europe.
Why would they work together? Was this about anti-Russian activities?

koczownik

Post by koczownik » 10 Aug 2018 17:44

Balrog wrote:
10 Aug 2018 14:29
Why would they work together? Was this about anti-Russian activities?
Yes. Poland and Japan had a friendly relationship between 1920s-30s, primarily because of an "enemy of my enemy" attitude toward the Soviets. Polish cryptologists taught the Japanese how to work with Soviet codes during the interwar era. After Molotov-Ribbentrop, Japan seems to have lost a bit of confidence in their Nazi partner (we remember, after all, that the Japan and Germany signed the Anti-Comintern Pact, and now Japan sees Germany working with Soviets to divide Poland). So, Japan continued to work with Polish agents even after the Polish government-in-exile declared war on Japan following the Pearl Harbor attack (there is even a story that Tojo issued a statement "rejecting" the Polish d.o.w). Regarding Manchukuo, part of Japan's attitude toward Poles was shown in the way they treated the Polish diaspora there. Poles in cities like Harbin were not interned as Allied nationals during WW2, but generally viewed as neutrals. In Europe during the war, Polish agents worked with Japanese representatives there (like Chiune Sugihara in Lithuania and Makoto Onodera in Sweden) to gather info on Soviets, and in exchange Japanese agents turned a sort of "blind eye" to these same Polish agents gathering intel on the Germans. Manchukuo passports facilitated a cover for these Polish agents working within wartime Europe.

Balrog

Post by Balrog » 15 Aug 2018 06:15

Ian Sayer wrote:
12 Feb 2012 13:05
Does anybody have any information on the identity of the Manchukuo Berlin Embassy staff in 1945. I believe they were evacuated to Bad Gastein in April 1945
Many thanks
Ian
Lu Yiwen (1897–1950) was the Manchukuo ambassador to Nazi Germany. I haven't been able to find out that much about him. He traveled to Germany, apparently alone, in 1938. He negotiated Manchukuo's entry into the into the Anti-Comintern Pact in 1940 and continued to serve as Manchukuo's ambassador to Nazi Germany until the end in 1945. His eventually fate remains unknown to me.

I am currently looking for photos of him and anything else I can about his life.

koczownik

Post by koczownik » 06 Sep 2018 11:32

Balrog wrote:
15 Aug 2018 06:15
Lu Yiwen (1897–1950) was the Manchukuo ambassador to Nazi Germany. I haven't been able to find out that much about him. He traveled to Germany, apparently alone, in 1938.
He was not alone. Wang Tifu also worked at the embassy: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%8E%8B ... F%E5%A4%AB
Balrog wrote:
15 Aug 2018 06:15
I am currently looking for photos of him and anything else I can about his life.
Here you go: https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%91%82 ... C%E6%96%87

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”