- Posts: 383
- Joined: 26 Aug 2005 17:11
- Location: Bialystok, Poland
I hope You can help me,
Down below I enclose one accidental finding - pdf file. File with picture of some young IJN sailor.
I was able to translate his name - Kitahara, his first name - in my version is, probably wrong - Hyakutsugiro...? I would like to ask You if sowhere in the text there is an information about his rank, his unit, and where was he stationed? By the way - it is also interesting what happened to him, on the date given next to his picture- June 1st, 1943?
Thank You very much,
- Posts: 2846
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011 16:29
- Location: Yokohama, Japan
His Kanji was 北原百次郎 Kitahara Hyakujiro
This is his wife’s recollection,
The print is very thin and difficult to read, but in the visible range:
(1) They lived in Mukden, Manchuria.
(2) On April 10, 1943, the following telegram of the convocation came.
- ジュウインショウシュウショウメイ■■■■二九ヒ ヨコスカカイヘイタン
- Convocation letter ??? 29th Yokosuka Naval Barracks
I guess the telegram had ordered him to report to 横須賀海兵団 Yokosuka Naval Barracks on April 29th. So he was a sailor or an NCO.
(3) The letter from him to his wife was censored military mail, and the sender was 横須賀郵便局気付 aware of Yokosuka Post Office ウ八六 ウ九一 U86 U91
I can’t identify Unit Code and / or Location Code U86 U91, but stulev may can.
The caption also said “at Yokosuka”. I guess it was taken in memory of Yokosuka Naval Barracks join.
- Financial supporter
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 14 Feb 2007 14:54
- Location: San Jose California
- Posts: 2289
- Joined: 19 Feb 2012 19:37
- Location: Corinth, MS
鬼頭 溝一郎 (Naval Academy 71)
田村 万 (Naval Academy 71)
佐久問 洋幸 (Naval Academy 71)
岩村舒夫 (Naval Academy 72)
風問万年 (Naval Academy 72)
桜丼 長 (Naval Academy 72)
田中 ? (Naval Academy 72)
山崎惣男 (Naval Academy 72)
早川 洞 (Naval Academy 73)
椛山？夫 (Naval Academy 73)
藤 格 (Naval Academy 73)
杉原 外於夫 (Naval Academy 73)
米津 中 (Naval Academy 73)