Most Sucessful Japanese Sub Capt and Sub.

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.
Andy H
Forum Staff

Most Sucessful Japanese Sub Capt and Sub.

Post by Andy H » 03 May 2003, 23:22

The title says it all really.

Looking for info regarding Japan's most sucessful Sub Captain and the highest scoring Sub, be it tonnage or ships sunk.

Andy

Octavianus

Japanese submarine

Post by Octavianus » 04 May 2003, 02:10

Ave Andy,
Looking for info regarding Japan's most sucessful Sub Captain and the highest scoring Sub, be it tonnage or ships sunk
This may be a long shot, but I believe the most successful Japanese U-Boats were the I-47 under Lt.Cdr. Zenji Orita or the I-58 under Lt.Cdr. Mochitsura Hashimoto. For more I am afraid you'll have to do some research of your own.

Gratiam,

Octavianus

Cantankerous

Re: Japanese submarine

Post by Cantankerous » 19 Aug 2020, 22:28

Octavianus wrote:
04 May 2003, 02:10
Ave Andy,
Looking for info regarding Japan's most sucessful Sub Captain and the highest scoring Sub, be it tonnage or ships sunk
This may be a long shot, but I believe the most successful Japanese U-Boats were the I-47 under Lt.Cdr. Zenji Orita or the I-58 under Lt.Cdr. Mochitsura Hashimoto. For more I am afraid you'll have to do some research of your own.

Gratiam,

Octavianus
The highest scoring Japanese submarine ace was Takakazu Kinashi. More info can be found a this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takakazu_Kinashi

Wikipedia pages about World War II Japanese submarines would be a good online resource to determine the highest-scoring Japanese submarine classes of WW2.

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”