Kondo Yasuichiro and the ambassador of Japan in Portugal Morishima Morito

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.
Thomas Cross

Kondo Yasuichiro and the ambassador of Japan in Portugal Morishima Morito

Post by Thomas Cross » 28 Mar 2019, 08:23

Hello. Help me please. I have this question. Please tell me the name of the ship on which the Kondo Yasuichiro Military Attache in London came from England to Lisbon in 1941. And the name of the ship on which the Kondo Yasuichiro crossed the Atlantic Ocean on the way to the USA. From USA in Japan Kondo Yasuichiro arrived aboard liner Tatsuta Maru. I asked this question because in 1941 the transatlantic connection between Europe and the USA was interrupted. German submarines sank all ships except Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese and American (until December 8, 1941). But I doubt that Kondo Yasuichiro crossed the Atlantic Ocean aboard a Swedish ship. This question is not studied by anyone properly. Help me please. Thank you in advance.

And my second question: During the Second World War, the ambassador of Japan
Morishima Morito was at New York when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. Can you please tell me the name of the ship on which The ambassador Morishima Morito arrived in Lisbon? As in the case of the Kondo Yasuichiro, the transatlantic connection between the USA and Europe has long been interrupted.
Perhaps the ambassador Morishima Morito came from USA to Lisbon on a Portuguese ship?
Help me please. Thank you in advance.
Best regards
Thomas Cross

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”