Arms shipment Feb, 1918

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.
jerryasher

Arms shipment Feb, 1918

Post by jerryasher » 26 Jan 2021, 00:00

This question is direct reaction to the google translation from Japanese from "A Major Lapse." I presume a Japanese ship," arrived at Qinhuangdao on February 22nd, was unloaded, and may or may have not sailed after the ship was unloaded. During the night of February 24-25, one military force of Zhang Zuolin, seized the warehouse and therefore the weapons. Zhang then used the seized weapons to bargain. I am most interested if the name of the ship cold be found? Other details where and what specifically loaded, (23,000 rifles, 50 machine gungs, some light artillery) greater deal, would be nice, and where and when loaded and sailed would be the icing on the cake. I am simply amazed at Zhang Zuolin's decision making. This was enough of a thing for it to make English Language newspapers printed in China, and may have been worthy of notes in diplomatic dispatches which I have not found yet. More than one Japanese agency and bureaucracy would have been involved. The ship is one thing? Maybe this is why Zhang Zuolin was called the fox. Sorry, for being so wordy.

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”