News about the japanese war.

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.
FergusGideon

News about the japanese war.

Post by FergusGideon » 22 Jul 2021, 11:33

News on Japanese radio about Japan's war days is always given on some special day or at some time of public celebration. Like the 7th anniversary of the end of World War II in December, there is also the Yellow Parcel. What happened was that war correspondents from radio stations were invited by the Japanese government to broadcast radio reports about the war. They were allowed to do this because Japan was an Allied country and it also signed the Peace Treaty signed by the two warring parties at the end of World War II.

This is a special radio newsletter from Japan that will not only keep you informed but also educate you. This kind of news is usually disseminated through radio and even television, so it will be disseminated all over the place, especially in places like Japan. If you want to hear live coverage of the war and what happened during the war, this is the kind of news you need to hear. It will be interesting to note that this particular type of news is being watched by a lot of people around the world and you can even watch it live as the broadcast goes on.

If you are among those who happen to be fascinated by this particular type of news, you are fortunate enough that you may have the privilege of listening to news broadcasts live from Japan. Japanese radio stations occasionally broadcast their news and even schedule some specials where they will tell us the news of the day. You can always find the show's schedule and be sure you'll be able to capture the schedule that interests you most. Since there are many channels to choose from, it is better to choose the one that you think you can really relate to.

Jenifer09

Re: News about the japanese war.

Post by Jenifer09 » 03 Aug 2021, 05:20

I'm Japanese. I grew up in the states, and visited Japan every 1-2 years. For the past 2 years I've been living in Tokyo because this would probably be the last chance I'll ever get to truly experience what it feels like to live in Japan.

Most people I meet (30s-60s) are generally not too attached to the outcome of the war. Many of them admit that the government was getting too powerful and committing atrocities throughout Asia. Some people think the Japanese are brainwashed into thinking that the atrocities did not happen (history book issue, etc.), but in reality, most Japanese people I meet understand that we killed many innocent people for the wrong reasons. Some people do state that Japan was "pushed into the war" through geopolitical tactics (Yasukuni Shrine stuff), but that is disputed.

To be honest, no one really cares too much anymore. Post WW2, we experienced the benefits of capitalism and experienced a huge growth in the economy. Western culture seeped into Japan, through Hollywood movies and fashion, and nowadays Western countries are seen as cool/fashionable. The economic bubble finally popped and changed the culture quite a bit financially, but it's been so long that no one really thinks too much about WW2 anymore. On top of that, no one here speaks about political views/opinions very much. It's considered rude since you could potentially offend someone.

My grandfather was actually hit by the atomic bomb in Nagasaki when he was a child. He told me that, on that day, he was going to play baseball with his buddies. He forgot his bat and glove, so he headed back home to get all his stuff. That's when the bomb went off. He was within 1km of the hypocenter. Apparently, there was a sudden white flash, and he was thrown against the wall of his room. He screamed for his mom, who survived that blast. She crawled towards him and they embraced. He got out with a fractured skull and backbone (I think). Then they headed out of Nagasaki. I always try to get more stories out of him, but all he says is, "I don't really remember. I think we...uhhhh...ate grasshoppers?" He moved back to Nagasaki after a few months to his burnt down home, and his family had to start from scratch. Schools were deserted, and 3/4 of the kids he knew were dead. I don't know much else, but eventually, he got married, had 3 kids (including my dad), and my dad had me. Most of us were born in the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Hospital. Surprisingly, my gramps has no beef with America. If anything, he loves American culture. Whenever I visited him as a kid, he was watching Star Trek or a Mariners game. He always wore a Mariners cap and tried to speak basic English because he thought it was cool. I had moved to the states when I was 3, and gramps thought it was super cool. My grandma would call me when I was younger and would ask me to recite the Pledge of Allegiance on voicemail so she could put it on a tape recorder. My parents said she was always listening to it on her deathbed. (She died of cancer when I was in kindergarten)

Sorry, that was a ton of information. But I hope it somehow answered the question.

alphayash

Post by alphayash » 24 Jan 2023, 21:37

there are a few notable events and issues related to the Japanese war that have been reported in recent news.

[1] In 1941, American forces on Wake Island surrendered to the Japanese during World War II. In 1948, former Japanese premier Hideki Tojo and six other Japanese war leaders were executed in Tokyo.

[2] Yasukuni Shrine is a controversial war memorial in Japan that honours Japanese war dead, including 14 Japanese World War II leaders convicted as war criminals. The shrine is seen as a symbol of Japanese military aggression by China and South Korea.

[3] 75 years after the end of World War II, more than 1 million Japanese war dead are still scattered throughout Asia. The legacy of Japanese aggression during the war is reported to still be hampering recovery efforts in the region.

ShindenKai

Post by ShindenKai » 24 Jan 2023, 22:56

Jenifer09 wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 05:20
I'm Japanese. I grew up in the states, and visited Japan every 1-2 years. For the past 2 years I've been living in Tokyo because this would probably be the last chance I'll ever get to truly experience what it feels like to live in Japan.

Most people I meet (30s-60s) are generally not too attached to the outcome of the war. Many of them admit that the government was getting too powerful and committing atrocities throughout Asia. Some people think the Japanese are brainwashed into thinking that the atrocities did not happen (history book issue, etc.), but in reality, most Japanese people I meet understand that we killed many innocent people for the wrong reasons. Some people do state that Japan was "pushed into the war" through geopolitical tactics (Yasukuni Shrine stuff), but that is disputed.

To be honest, no one really cares too much anymore. Post WW2, we experienced the benefits of capitalism and experienced a huge growth in the economy. Western culture seeped into Japan, through Hollywood movies and fashion, and nowadays Western countries are seen as cool/fashionable. The economic bubble finally popped and changed the culture quite a bit financially, but it's been so long that no one really thinks too much about WW2 anymore. On top of that, no one here speaks about political views/opinions very much. It's considered rude since you could potentially offend someone.

My grandfather was actually hit by the atomic bomb in Nagasaki when he was a child. He told me that, on that day, he was going to play baseball with his buddies. He forgot his bat and glove, so he headed back home to get all his stuff. That's when the bomb went off. He was within 1km of the hypocenter. Apparently, there was a sudden white flash, and he was thrown against the wall of his room. He screamed for his mom, who survived that blast. She crawled towards him and they embraced. He got out with a fractured skull and backbone (I think). Then they headed out of Nagasaki. I always try to get more stories out of him, but all he says is, "I don't really remember. I think we...uhhhh...ate grasshoppers?" He moved back to Nagasaki after a few months to his burnt down home, and his family had to start from scratch. Schools were deserted, and 3/4 of the kids he knew were dead. I don't know much else, but eventually, he got married, had 3 kids (including my dad), and my dad had me. Most of us were born in the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Hospital. Surprisingly, my gramps has no beef with America. If anything, he loves American culture. Whenever I visited him as a kid, he was watching Star Trek or a Mariners game. He always wore a Mariners cap and tried to speak basic English because he thought it was cool. I had moved to the states when I was 3, and gramps thought it was super cool. My grandma would call me when I was younger and would ask me to recite the Pledge of Allegiance on voicemail so she could put it on a tape recorder. My parents said she was always listening to it on her deathbed. (She died of cancer when I was in kindergarten)

Sorry, that was a ton of information. But I hope it somehow answered the question.
Thank you for sharing, I enjoy reading personal accounts from all sides of WW2, especially the Japanese perspective as even today not nearly enough has been translated/shared with the West. Thank you again. Happy New Year!

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Post by OpanaPointer » 24 Jan 2023, 23:21

I was stationed in Japan about the time Reagan got shot. I remember one area where it was USA c. 1959. Poodle skirts and bouffant hairdos every Saturday night.
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”