Manchukuo Cavalry in Nomonhan Battle.

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.
marek O.

Manchukuo Cavalry in Nomonhan Battle.

Post by marek O. » 24 Jul 2021 18:34

Hello again.
This time I have a question about Manchukuo Army Chingan/Xing-an/Hsingan/Koan Cavalry Division [in Polish sources it's called - Chingańska Dywizja Kawalerii, that's why I used the word Chingan in the Division name]. But unit name is not most important problem for me. Lately I was roaming internet and by my surprise I have found few Chinese pages with few interesting informations about the Division and it's role in Nomonhan battle. Commander was mjr. gen. Nomura Minoru.
Composition -
4th Cavalry Regiment - here col. Takahashi is given as a commander.
5th Cavalry Regiment - lt.col. Jin Huan-zhang 团长秦焕章中校
6th Cavalry Regiment - lt.col. Hong Jing-xiang 团长洪景祥中校
12th Cavalry Regiment
School Regiment - col. Jin Yong-fu [金永福上校]
Field Artillery Regiment
Mortar Regiment
Tank Unit - lt. Yanase Kosaburo
Youth Squad
Artillery Park ? 野炮营
I have a question about names of Japanese officers that show up in the parts of text in google translator. Col. Takahashi [高桥大佐] in 4th Regiment. Mjr. Yoshino [吉野少校] in 5th. Col. Tokunaga [金川大佐] in 6th. Pages completely omiting 12th Regiment. What was the role of these officers? Were they there as advisors? Real commanders? Do You know more about them? Their first names? Is col. Takahashi in full col. Takahashi Yuzo, co of IJA 6th Cavalry Regiment, since 1936?
Regards,
Marek

Akira Takizawa

Re: Manchukuo Cavalry in Nomonhan Battle.

Post by Akira Takizawa » 25 Jul 2021 00:28

> Nomonhan battle. Commander was mjr. gen. Nomura Minoru.
Not Minoru, but Tokie. 野村登亀江

> Tank Unit - lt. Yanase Kosaburo
Not tank unit, but motorcar unit. It is transport unit with trucks. Yanase is not Lt., but Col.

> Artillery Park ? 野炮营
野炮营 means field artillery battalion. But, it is not found in Nomonhan. It will be a mistake of AA gun unit.

12th Cavalry Regiment - Col. Tanaka (His first name is 脩. It is read as Osamu, Satoru, Shu etc.)

> Col. Takahashi [高桥大佐] in 4th Regiment. Mjr. Yoshino [吉野少校] in 5th. Col. Tokunaga [金川大佐] in 6th. Pages completely omiting 12th Regiment. What was the role of these officers? Were they there as advisors? Real commanders?

Takahashi is real commander. I don't know other officers.

> Col. Takahashi [高桥大佐] in 4th Regiment
Takahashi Koichi (高橋耕一)

Taki

marek O.

Re: Manchukuo Cavalry in Nomonhan Battle.

Post by marek O. » 25 Jul 2021 11:01

Dear Taki,
Great input.
Thank You very much.
Regards,
Marek

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”