J7W1 Shinden

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.
BayonetOnAZero

J7W1 Shinden

Post by BayonetOnAZero » 09 Jan 2024 20:04

Are there any photos of the J7W1 Shinden besides the one in Wikipedia? It’s one of my favorite Japanese aircraft.
What has happened has happened, history is history. We must accept and embrace the things that we are passionate about and the atrocities that had been committed. Denying history is an atrocity in itself.

fontessa

Re: J7W1 Shinden

Post by fontessa » 10 Jan 2024 00:12

BayonetOnAZero wrote:
09 Jan 2024 20:04
Are there any photos of the J7W1 Shinden besides the one in Wikipedia? It’s one of my favorite Japanese aircraft.
The movie of Shinden test flights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxEEAsfbcek
The 1st test flight was conducted on an unclear day in 1945, June.
During the taxi, the nose of the aircraft was raised too high, causing the propeller to contact the ground and be damaged.
As an emergency measure, white 白菊 K11W wheels were installed under the side wings to prevent the propellers from touching each other when the plane was pitched up.
The 2nd test flight was conducted on 3 August 1945, and the flight was successful. The war ended while waiting for a replacement for the malfunctioning engine.

The photo on Wikipedia has only the outline adjusted based on the requirement of the US military. Note wheels were installed under the side wings. The photos below were taken around the same time.

0 震電 1.jpg

0 震電 2.jpg

0 震電 3.jpg

0 震電 4.jpg

0 震電 5.jpg

fontessa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Post by OpanaPointer » 10 Jan 2024 00:34

This one was on display to tease Gojira - One movie. None flying, of course. (But I know someone who is building a fly-by-wire Trifokker who looks at this model longingly.)

Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

fontessa

Post by fontessa » 10 Jan 2024 00:55

OpanaPointer wrote:
10 Jan 2024 00:34
This one was on display to tease Gojira - One movie. None flying, of course. (But I know someone who is building a fly-by-wire Trifokker who looks at this model longingly.)

It is displayed at 大刀洗平和記念館 Tachiarai Peace Memorial Museum.
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=265941&p=2424863

fontessa

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Post by OpanaPointer » 10 Jan 2024 02:11

Due credit! T/Y

I like another wee model as well.

Yamato Museum 大和ミュージアム(呉市海事歴史科学館)
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

BayonetOnAZero

Post by BayonetOnAZero » 10 Jan 2024 17:22

fontessa wrote:
10 Jan 2024 00:12
BayonetOnAZero wrote:
09 Jan 2024 20:04
The movie of Shinden test flights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxEEAsfbcek
The 1st test flight was conducted on an unclear day in 1945, June.
During the taxi, the nose of the aircraft was raised too high, causing the propeller to contact the ground and be damaged.
As an emergency measure, white 白菊 K11W wheels were installed under the side wings to prevent the propellers from touching each other when the plane was pitched up.
The 2nd test flight was conducted on 3 August 1945, and the flight was successful. The war ended while waiting for a replacement for the malfunctioning engine.

The photo on Wikipedia has only the outline adjusted based on the requirement of the US military. Note wheels were installed under the side wings. The photos below were taken around the same time.

0 震電 1.jpg

0 震電 2.jpg

0 震電 3.jpg

0 震電 4.jpg

0 震電 5.jpg

fontessa
Thank you fontessa.
What has happened has happened, history is history. We must accept and embrace the things that we are passionate about and the atrocities that had been committed. Denying history is an atrocity in itself.

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”