Japanese Military recordings

Discussions on all aspects of the Japanese Empire, from the capture of Taiwan until the end of the Second World War.
Lawrence

Japanese Military recordings

Post by Lawrence » 08 Nov 2003, 09:11

Hello everyone,

If someone can help me on this I will be forever grateful. I have noticed that it is extremely hard to get ahold of Japanese Military songs made during the 1930's and 1940's. Is there a place that sells CDs or cassettes of Japanese Military or Patriotic music of this time period? It doesn't even have to be original recordings! As long as they are the songs of this era. If someone could point out a site (perferably in english) I would be so grateful. Regards!

BayonetOnAZero

Re: Japanese Military recordings

Post by BayonetOnAZero » 16 Oct 2023, 19:39

Lawrence wrote:
08 Nov 2003, 09:11
Hello everyone,

If someone can help me on this I will be forever grateful. I have noticed that it is extremely hard to get ahold of Japanese Military songs made during the 1930's and 1940's. Is there a place that sells CDs or cassettes of Japanese Military or Patriotic music of this time period? It doesn't even have to be original recordings! As long as they are the songs of this era. If someone could point out a site (perferably in english) I would be so grateful. Regards!
Unfortunately, I think you can only find these on YouTube. I don’t think you can buy CDs or Cassettes still of Imperial Japanese Marches.
What has happened has happened, history is history. We must accept and embrace the things that we are passionate about and the atrocities that had been committed. Denying history is an atrocity in itself.

Akira Takizawa

Post by Akira Takizawa » 17 Oct 2023, 02:26

Lawrence wrote:
08 Nov 2003, 09:11
Is there a place that sells CDs or cassettes of Japanese Military or Patriotic music of this time period?
Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=%E8%BB%8D%E6 ... =sr_nr_n_4

Taki

jbroshot

Post by jbroshot » 17 Oct 2023, 04:23

I have a CD that I bought years ago from a vendor at Origins, titled "Japanese Wartime Music". Unfortunately it has no other identifying information on it. The vendor was from "Belle & Blade"

https://warshows.com/

The titles are listed in English, all songs are in Japanese

" The Air Force"
1. Warriors of the Sky
2. God Soldiers of the Sky
3. Song of the Great Air Force
4. Special Attack Forces
5. Song of the Air Aces
6. Soldiers of the Air Destined to Die
7. Song of the Danchone
8. Kato Kayabusa Squadron
9. The Sky Burns Fiercely

"The Ground War"
10. Song for Sending Soldiers Out to War
11. Co-prosperity March
12. Father, You Were a Strong Man
13. Songs for the Ladies Patriotic Society
14. The Defense of the Skies
15. Mother of the Empire
16. Oh, See How Our Red Blood Does Burn Hot
17. Women and Children Without Men at the Helm to Lead Them
18. The Song of Habalotsk (Japanese spelling of Russian place name)

Return to “Japan at War 1895-1945”